What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for Noddy Haters?

hammo1405

Juniors
MightySharks said:
When was the the last time a club's supporters wanted the current NSW halfback punted from their team?

Stop smoking the ice boys!

Get on board, Noddy is the man to lead the Sharks!

Mate, Noddy's the only option for NSW selectors and you know it. I can't handle you Noddylovers thinking that his selection in Origin indicates that hes in some sort of purple patch of form or even that he's the best halfback in the state.

Gower's been out of sorts all year. If he (and his woeful side) had shown any sort of form this year he'd be a walk-up. Remember he was first choice last year. Orford is a clone of Noddy (except more creative in attack) and the selectors aren't gonna risk a first gamer in this match. Michael monaghan is, in my eyes, pretty clearly the best halfback in the state at the moment, but the selectors can't risk him in this one because he doesnt even play halfback for Manly.

Think about it dude, they picked a guy that has played 9 first grade games as a halfback to eb the best halfback in the state. Surely that fact alone shows you Kimmorley is way off the mark when it comes to being Origin standard. No-one can tell me NSW were picking a guy to blood him for the future, you don't blood people in origin, they get some first grade and city country under their belt first. Especially NSW selectors, they always go with form players. The fact that Kimmorley, in 2 hundred and whatever games of NRL and 6 Origins, has shown less potential to win an Origin game in 2007 than a 20 year old thats played 9 first grade games as halfback should be evidence enough that the merkin is past it and we're being foolhardy in re-signing him.

So MightySharks, I can't "get on board" this re-signing (and probably re-captaining - lets hope not) and throw my support behind this decision. However, that doesn't mean I won't support the club and indeed supoprt Noddy. I would love the bloke to prove me dead wrong and deliver us a title and NSW an origin series, but after 5 years of watching him play I just can't see where this new form is going to come from.

I jsut hope Noddy doesn't start teaching Blake Green a few tricks. Also looking forward to watching Watts on Monday night.

Military Shark

Juniors
hammo1405 said:
Mate, Noddy's the only option for NSW selectors and you know it.

Gower's been out of sorts all year. So that makes Noddy a better option doesn't it ?

Orford is a clone of Noddy (except more creative in attack) and the selectors aren't gonna risk a first gamer in this match. So your saying you would rather put someone who has lost a game for them in the past just because Orford is a SOO virgin ?

Michael monaghan is, in my eyes, pretty clearly the best halfback in the state at the moment, but the selectors can't risk him in this one because he doesnt even play halfback for Manly. Where is the risk if as you state he is the best ?

In all seriousness with the logic you are applying here you should without a doubt be getting a phone call from the NSW SOO selectors asking you to jump onboard.

hammo1405

Juniors
Military Shark said:
So your saying you would rather put someone who has lost a game for them in the past just because Orford is a SOO virgin ?

I wouldn't rather it, but clearly the selectors would...

All I'm saying is that the selectors are going with what they know for this game - rather than the best option. Better they pick kimmorley and the media crucify him than pick a rookie and the media crucify the selectors if NSW lose.

Anyhow, my point was that people shouldn't think that just because Kimmorley is playing for NSW that he is the best halfback in the state and we're lucky to have him.

hammo1405

Juniors
Yes I do, I live in the north of sydney but I head to around somewhere between ten and twelve a year, I go to most of the Sydney games. Why?

ragin

Juniors
hammo1405 said:
Orford is a clone of Noddy (except more creative in attack) and the selectors aren't gonna risk a first gamer in this match. HAHA. Classic hammo. Orford is nothing like Noddy. Makes the most stupiddecisions on the last tackle...can't defend anything like BK and does not like pressure.

Michael monaghan is, in my eyes, pretty clearly the best halfback in the state at the moment, but the selectors can't risk him in this one because he doesnt even play halfback for Manly. This guy can't direct a team antwhere. Loves kicking the ball at the most stupid times...2nd tackle...3rd tackle...tries to hard. If he is that good why didn't Manly resign him????

Think about it dude, they picked a guy that has played 9 first grade games as a halfback to eb the best halfback in the state. Surely that fact alone shows you Kimmorley is way off the mark when it comes to being Origin standard. No-one can tell me NSW were picking a guy to blood him for the future, you don't blood people in origin, they get some first grade and city country under their belt first. Especially NSW selectors, they always go with form players. If you watched the game mate we lost it in the 2nd half when Mullens could not stop the momentum with any of his kicks. The selectors were hoping Mullens will pull them thru and then they would get the credit for making the superb selection of Mullens. It backfired on them big time. No one blames Mullens for the loss but our forwards for getting punished. When Noddy played the SOO in 2005 they blamed him for the loss but it was the forwards who were getting absolutely pulverised. BK could not get any decent kicks behind that pack.

If NSW win origin series, Ricky will look like a genius, as said before if Ricky is happy i am happy, he got Kimmorley, Ricky knows what he is doing, so why dont we just wait and see

Inferno

Coach
How will Ricky look like a genius?

I doubt you would find any coach saying their player is not good enough for Origin Footy. Hell even Raper was doing some Noddy spruiking last year.

hammo1405

Juniors
ragin said:
HAHA. Classic hammo. Orford is nothing like Noddy. Makes the most stupiddecisions on the last tackle...can't defend anything like BK and does not like pressure.

This guy can't direct a team antwhere. Loves kicking the ball at the most stupid times...2nd tackle...3rd tackle...tries to hard. If he is that good why didn't Manly resign him????

If you watched the game mate we lost it in the 2nd half when Mullens could not stop the momentum with any of his kicks. The selectors were hoping Mullens will pull them thru and then they would get the credit for making the superb selection of Mullens. It backfired on them big time. No one blames Mullens for the loss but our forwards for getting punished. When Noddy played the SOO in 2005 they blamed him for the loss but it was the forwards who were getting absolutely pulverised. BK could not get any decent kicks behind that pack.

I hope he doesn't defend anything like BK ... How many times has the merkin rushed out of teh line in the last 5 years and blatantly cost the side a try... I'll admit his defence has got better and hes stopped with his crazy swinging arm tackles, but he misses 28% of his tackles, whereas Orford misses 33%. So you're right, Kimmorley is a better defender - but not by much.

As to not liking pressure, I can barely remember the last time Noddy stood up for a side in the last ten minutes and won them the game. Not once this season and barely at all last season. He could have done it against the Tiges and Roosters and the Cows (how handy would a repeat set have been in the last five minutes last week). Orford kicked a droppy from 30 against the Storm and I remember him doing the same against the Eels last year. No-one can tell me Kimmorley is the man you want with the footy in the pressure of the last 5 minutes.

Monaghan DIRECTED Manly to 4 successive wins from halfback - and he's come up with 12 try assists this year - Orford has 15. Nobby has 9. Billy Slater and Michael Dobson also have 9. Monaghan has had 4 games this year at halfback and produced TEN try assists in those 4 games. So in 4 games Monas has orchestrated more tries than Kimmorley in 11! Orford's 15 try assists have come in 7 games. So they both average over 2 try assists a game when they play halfback ... kimmorley doesn't even average 1!

I'm sure manly would love to have Monaghan if they weren't stupid in spending over 600 g's on Orford and 400 each on Lyon Bell and Kite - they can't afford to keep all those players, that's how the cap works.

With NSW selection, if Kimmorley was a better option, why wouldn't they pick him first up and then take the credit for ressurecting a representative career many thought gone?

So in 20 minutes of research I've come up with hard stats that show Kimmorley is far from the best half in NSW. Do you have any to show he is better than these two?

carcharias

Immortal
last time Noddy snatched a victory for us was his intercept against the Knights up there.

about 19 years ago.

hammo1405

Juniors
carcharias said:
last time Noddy snatched a victory for us was his intercept against the Knights up there.

about 19 years ago.

That's right!! I don't think I was born then, but i've heard stories about that legendary game.

Dorsel

Juniors
Nice work Hammo....but do you know how many try assists/orchestrations would BK have been involved in had trys not been bombed??....I hardly get to see any games live or TV but from what I can gather from this forum we've bombed an awful lot this year. ;m obviously talking about plays where clearly had a pass been taken we would have scored. I think this stat would be most interesting (including bombed trys not including BK). Much has been made of our poor scoring as opposed to our excellent defense but is our poor scoring due solely to zero creativity or more to bumbling finishing?

spider

Coach
bird, gallen, pom are examples that the ball is getting out where it should

we are missing noodles sniffing around and he will most likely be out until a round or so after our bye

even ando is a proven, he has dropped the ball more times than vagana touched it in his tenure with us according to some - lol

when our execution and handling is fine tuned to the damp weather (considering we hardly play sunday afternoon's) we will do better - which better be soon hopefully

Dorsel

Juniors
spider said:
bird, gallen, pom are examples that the ball is getting out where it should

we are missing noodles sniffing around and he will most likely be out until a round or so after our bye

even ando is a proven, he has dropped the ball more times than vagana touched it in his tenure with us according to some - lol

when our execution and handling is fine tuned to the damp weather (considering we hardly play sunday afternoon's) we will do better - which better be soon hopefully

Yeah righto Spider....wouldn't mind some stats though....I remember reading we should have been way up on the rorters by half time for instance....in fact I can hardly remember any game without the "try bombiing" comments being made which I guess supports what you just posted.......that in reality we are creating and just finishing

carcharias

Immortal
when our execution and handling is fine tuned to the damp weather
I hope to christ they are doing some as we speak then ...because it will be pissing down for the next week.

spider

Coach
thats the forcast carch - hopefully they are indoors today

we are dead set specials to contract anything from more mumps to flu with our rate of illness/injury

and with this forcast they can stick oki up their butt on monday night

fox 3 on the lounge looks much better