What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colk

First Grade
News didn't play Vlandy's, Vlandys and News together played the NRL. I very strongly believe that Vlandy's does not have the NRL's best interests at heart. His real hat is a News Corp one. That is who he is working for. His whole rugby league loving immigrant boy shtick while throwing potshots at the AFL is a charade.

Either that or he is the most incompetent negotiator I have ever seen

Perth Red

Post Whore
News didn't play Vlandy's, Vlandys and News together played the NRL. I very strongly believe that Vlandy's does not have the NRL's best interests at heart. His real hat is a News Corp one. That is who he is working for. His whole rugby league loving immigrant boy shtick while throwing potshots at the AFL is a charade.
you have to understand the incestuous relationship between NSW Racing and News Ltd to appreciate just how in bed Vlandys is with them. It will only get stronger as News ltd launches its betting organsaition.

Munky

Coach

I disagree Vlandys is a head kicker. The guy who'll walk into a room and get things done his way and not take no for an answer. Good for a crisis.

Very different to previous NRL administrators and negotiations would have been nothing like previous years.

News figured him out and then steared him where they wanted him.

Probably a reach, but reminds me a bit of George Piggins. Excellent war horse when the chips are down however will be shown up when needing to adapt to the times changing.

I don't think anyone can argue PVL was great for the game during the first months of covid. However the move to reduce the NRL in house digital foot print was a massive warning sign.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I disagree Vlandys is a head kicker. The guy who'll walk into a room and get things done his way and not take no for an answer. Good for a crisis.

Very different to previous NRL administrators and negotiations would have been nothing like previous years.

News figured him out and then steared him where they wanted him.

Probably a reach, but reminds me a bit of George Piggins. Excellent war horse when the chips are down however will be shown up when needing to adapt to the times changing.

I don't think anyone can argue PVL was great for the game during the first months of covid. However the move to reduce the NRL in house digital foot print was a massive warning sign.
Only thing he did well in covid was get the game up and running again, but then all sports did the same not long after.
when you consider during this period AFL negotiated a reduced tv deal but that recouped all that reduction when thing settled down a coupel of years later, where as Vlandys negotiated a reduced deal that we never got back, even his management of the covid period was a f**k up and ended up costing the game up to $100million just in covid period reductions compared to AFL. .

mongoose

Coach
its hard to know.... he is being painted as a buffoon by some of the media now and fans and clubs have begun to turn on him. Is this worth being onside with News ltd?

Perth Red

Post Whore
its hard to know.... he is being painted as a buffoon by some of the media now and fans and clubs have begun to turn on him. Is this worth being onside with News ltd?
Its worth hundreds of millions in his CEO relationship with news ltd, id say so!
He's used his NRL role to cement his key relationship in NSW racing, and also to throw barbs at Melbourne in his on going big dck measuring contest with them re the racing. We are just a vehicle for him to further his actual jobs interests.

Colk

First Grade

Yeah but have you noticed that there hasn’t been any negative stories about him emanating from News Ltd. All of the articles have come from Fairfax (they wouldn’t care about V’Landys)

If the pressure becomes too big they might force him to leave but say that leading racing has become too pressing for him and he needs to step down. Or something to that effect. Furthermore, they would just start pushing for another stooge to take his place