What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
True sign of a narcissist, describing his own values as “ours”. Ok Pete what values does she have that you consider not in alignment with the games?
Trump couldn’t have put it better lol.

Don't you love it, when MOST leaders people would just wait it out after Prof Lumby gave a big serve to the NRL, his no nonsense reply is one for the ages.....Vlandy shoots back at her!
She no longer represents us
She just a attention seeker
Why would I ( V landy) call her, when she doesn't represent us.

Quote-
V’landys responded to the comments by stressing Lumby no longer has a role with the game and said he is growing tired of Lumby using the NRL’s name to “bring attention to herself”.

“All committees she was on have been disbanded,” V’landys said. “She just seeks attention ... she is not a spokesperson, she doesn’t represent us.”
V’landys fired back, saying: “She criticised me for not contacting her, why do I need to contact her? She has no role with us.

“I have no time for her. Her values do not agree with ours.” End of quote

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/v-...s-do-not-agree-with-ours-20210422-p57lit.html

That the SMH runs these types of attacks just proves 'management' is weak and just lets their sniper reporters loose to kill the golden goose that the Nine TV shows/broadcasts and relies on for their profitability and so their survival. Their killing themselves.
Lumby is just a man-hating weirdo.

colly

Juniors
True sign of a narcissist, describing his own values as “ours”. Ok Pete what values does she have that you consider not in alignment with the games?
Trump couldn’t have put it better lol.
How about false representation, you and Lumby seem to be on the same wicket their. Can't you read she is NOT with the NRL now. I am sure the gender studies would be right up your alley, why don't you enrol in her classes and find out what her values are, I sure you be in for a shock..... toe some ridiculous line......

Perth Red

Post Whore
How about false representation, you and Lumby seem to be on the same wicket their. Can't you read she is NOT with the NRL now. I am sure the gender studies would be right up your alley, why don't you enrol in her classes and find out what her values are, I sure you be in for a shock..... toe some ridiculous line......

probably too much to have expected a little bit of respect and actually officially tell her she was no longer wanted after 13.5 years of volunteer support for the game.
Too busy telling the world how boring afl is, how Sht melbourne is and how he single handedly saved the sporting world I suppose?
Shame he doesn’t have a red cap you could buy colly, it would suit you.

colly

Juniors
probably too much to have expected a little bit of respect and actually officially tell her she was no longer wanted after 13.5 years of volunteer support for the game.
Too busy telling the world how boring afl is, how Sht melbourne is and how he single handedly saved the sporting world I suppose?
Shame he doesn’t have a red cap you could buy colly, it would suit you.
Didn't you read it again.... Abdo told her .....before .... don't say your a NRL spokesmen....seems clear enough, UNLESS you have a agenda.....
It seems like her you cant get rid of .. something like a smell.

V’landys said NRL boss Andrew Abdo also spoke to her after she made controversial comments around an incident involving Payne Haas earlier this year....Quote SMH story
Stop saying your a NRL advisor..........

Perth Red

Post Whore
Didn't you read it again.... Abdo told her .....before .... don't say your a NRL spokesmen....seems clear enough, UNLESS you have a agenda.....
It seems like her you cant get rid of .. something like a smell.

V’landys said NRL boss Andrew Abdo also spoke to her after she made controversial comments around an incident involving Payne Haas earlier this year....Quote SMH story
Stop saying your a NRL advisor..........

It doesn’t say that they told her she was no longer officially involved with nrl. Just they spoke with her, doesn’t say what about. only direct QOUTE we have is hers, so she is lying?
I guess we all read what we want to read with our own biases?

as for Lumby, she is recognised as one of the countries leading academics and culture change practitioners in this space, we need a journo with balls to ask Vlandys what values she has that the game doesn’t any longer after 15 years of alignment with her!

it’s classic trump behaviour, denigrate the experts and the science so the stupidity of the masses call them PC, left wing, woke or fake.

Last edited:

colly

Juniors
It doesn’t say that they told her she was no longer officially involved with nrl. Just they spoke with her, doesn’t say what about. only direct QOUTE we have is hers, so she is lying?

So, your big sook is ..is she lying.. well is she?????
Maybe she can read because this was written about in 5th Feb 2021... and the result should have been clear cut ....NRL is distancing from Lumby on Feb 21 and basically went onto saying YOUR work with us is finished! Tell me after reading the Forman story, do you think you pop up on TV and say your still a advisor.. It's like she stalking the NRL even when a public (and private) story that she is no longer required.

5/2/2021
NRL CEO Andrew Abdo is distancing the game from the views of advisor Catharine Lumby, who had been described as their chief gender advisor.

Broncos player Payne Haas avoided a conviction after a showdown with police where he told a female officer, “Cause you’re a woman you think I won’t touch ya’.”

Advisor Catharine Lumby told The Daily Telegraph cultural differences could explain the player’s behaviour.

The NRL claims she never held the role of chief gender advisor, despite having advised the NRL on a pro bono basis since 2004.

“We’ve never had a chief gender advisor,” NRL CEO Andrew Abdo told Ben Fordham.

“She has provided advisory work to us in the past. She sits on a committee… but that committee hasn’t sat in six months.

“This is not the views of the NRL. We will be making no excuses for any players who abuse police.”

https://www.2gb.com/nrl-boss-distances-game-from-so-called-gender-advisor-amid-outrage/

Perth Red

Post Whore
IF no one has the good grace and respect to actually formally say you are no longer required and no longer hold an advisor role then maybe she is correct, if they have then I’m sure Abdo or Vlandys will soon be telling us they communicated this to her on x date.
As for the gender advisor title, I can’t see anywhere her ever using that and seems to have been a media phrase rather than any official title used by her or the nrl? She has conducted three research projects for the nrl around culture and p,Ayer education as well as sat on numerous projects and committees. Like I said the game must have changed its values, or she has hers, if Vlandys no longer sees them as aligned, so what’s the change?

colly

Juniors
IF no one has the good grace and respect to actually formally say you are no longer required and no longer hold an advisor role then maybe she is correct, if they have then I’m sure Abdo or Vlandys will soon be telling us they communicated this to her on x date.
As for the gender advisor title, I can’t see anywhere her ever using that and seems to have been a media phrase rather than any official title used by her or the nrl? She has conducted three research projects for the nrl around culture and p,Ayer education as well as sat on numerous projects and committees. Like I said the game must have changed its values, or she has hers, if Vlandys no longer sees them as aligned, so what’s the change?

It seems you just did not get my post previous. Good grace etc... How about a public story in Feb this year telling her she is FINISHED. No good grace needed in Feb 21 BUT like you you, you might stop harping on about nothing, as Vlandy said, she is attention seeking , I now see the similarity.

Previous post....
So, your big sook is ..is she lying.. well is she?????
Maybe she can read because this was written about in 5th Feb 2021... and the result should have been clear cut ....NRL is distancing from Lumby on Feb 21 and basically went onto saying YOUR work with us is finished! Tell me after reading the Forman story, do you think you pop up on TV and say your still a advisor.. It's like she stalking the NRL even when a public (and private) story that she is no longer required.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol, at no point in that did Abdo say she was no longer an advisor for the nrl and her services are no longer wanted, and according to her there has never been any direct communication to her from them that that is the case. Not that I’m surprised with the way Vlandys behaves. Diplomacy and respect seems in short supply at nrlhq these days.

The only direct QOUTE from Abdo at that time:

“We’ve never had a chief gender advisor,” NRL CEO Andrew Abdo told Ben Fordham.
“She has provided advisory work to us in the past. She sits on a committee… but that committee hasn’t sat in six months.

https://www.2gb.com/nrl-boss-distances-game-from-so-called-gender-advisor-amid-outrage/

colly

Juniors
What a blow hard , lke perth red lumby is.. always threatening to resign. like tis story from from Mitchell Pearce scandal. Pearce still playing you must have resign... so why are you still saying two years latter your a NRL womans advisor, always threats no action.

It's ridiculous': The Footy Show host Erin Molan hits out at NRL women's adviser Catharine Lumby over suggestion that Mitchell Pearce should never play again
  • Erin Molan slams call for Sydney Roosters star Mitchell Pearce to get life ban
  • NRL women's adviser Catharine Lumby says Pearce career should be over
  • The Footy Show presenter Molan labelled Prof Lumby's stand 'ridiculous'
  • A drunk Pearce was secretly recorded simulating sex with a dog
  • Australia Day incident shows him making unwanted advances on a woman
By Frank Coletta for Daily Mail Australia

Channel Nine sport presenter Erin Molan has slammed calls by the NRL women's adviser Catharine Lumby to have Sydney Roosters star Mitchell Pearce banned for life.

Professor Lumby has had a long-standing role with the NRL advising on women's issues but has threatened to stand down if Pearce isn't sacked. End of quote.

What a blow hard , like perth red lumby is.. always threatening to resign. like tis story from from Mitchell Pearce scandal. Pearce still playing you must have resign... so why are you still saying two years latter your a NRL woman's advisor, always threats no action.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t know the woman behind her well respected reputation in most qtrs so have no interest in denigrating or championing her. What is of interest to me is why the nrl does not have the same values it used to have and why the work they were doing around this has been shut down.

as for Lumby, she is recognised as one of the countries leading academics and culture change practitioners in this space, we need a journo with balls to ask Vlandys what values she has that the game doesn’t any longer after 15 years of alignment with her!

it’s classic trump behaviour, denigrate the experts and the science so the stupidity of the masses call them PC, left wing, woke or fake.
Gender Studies is man-hating crap falsely presented as science by rabid feminists who have no life and zero life experience.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is it any wonder when she said Haas shouldn't be suspended because of "cultural differences". Not only was that insane its also incredibly racist.

It's not narcissism behind V'landys comments. She's a fruitcake racist.

Thats not what she said, she said he shouldnt be suspended because he was genuinely remorseful. She did mention that some communities have a distrust of police because of the experiences they have had. Having watched an aboriginal woman get harassed by two transit police on a perth train for no reason I dont disagree with her. Though in Haas's case it looked more like he was being a drunken privileged NRL player dckhead from the transcript of what he said.

Reactions: Vee

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Thats not what she said, she said he shouldnt be suspended because he was genuinely remorseful. She did mention that some communities have a distrust of police because of the experiences they have had. Having watched an aboriginal woman get harassed by two transit police on a perth train for no reason I dont disagree with her. Though in Haas's case it looked more like he was being a drunken privileged NRL player dckhead from the transcript of what he said.
She said Pearce should be banned for life for pretending to root a dog. But Haas gets off for saying "you think I won't hit you cause you're a woman?". Because he was 'remorseful'. f**king c'mon mate you can't be that daft to not see the racism. She's the typical privileged extreme lefty that thinks they're a saviour but actually belittles minority cultures. "He couldn't help it because of the savage culture he comes from".

Simple fact is PR would side with anyone who opposes PVL

Hitler
The devil
Anyone
Such is his hate & the fact that PVL resides in his head & drives him relentlessly to post
Bad PVL
Bad PVL .

Latest posts