What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question to residents of Cronulla, Woolooware and Nth Caringbah,

The Attorney

Juniors
not according to the link you used

not according to the need to investigate and propose a detailed traffic management plan - according to the link you used​

im using your advice here Attorney, and utilising the facts produced on behalf of the development, not opinion​

Relocating the Woolooware Road roundabout to the east to align with the lengthening of Woolooware Road and

converting it to a traf
fi c signal controlled intersection with pedestrian phases to serve the proposed Sharks retail
centre and Club, Fitness First and Woolworths Petrol Station

And due to that traffic management plan the effect of the development on local traffic will be minor

carcharias

Immortal
Ey Tom different types of shop to westfields
Women will still go to westies for clothes coffee and just to be in
a shopping center

spider

Coach
And due to that traffic management plan the effect of the development on local traffic will be minor
yes, replacing a roundabout with traffic lights will provide free flowing traffic :lol:

nothing like pedestrians pressing the button repeatedly to provide even more red lights for traffic

why not a pedestrian crossing?

because they envisage more than a 'minor' impact involving just pedestrian foot traffic

im jumping off the merry-go-round and ill agree to disagree

The Attorney

Juniors
yes, replacing a roundabout with traffic lights will provide free flowing traffic :lol:

nothing like pedestrians pressing the button repeatedly to provide even more red lights for traffic

why not a pedestrian crossing?

because they envisage more than a 'minor' impact involving just pedestrian foot traffic

im jumping off the merry-go-round and ill agree to disagree

Fair enough at least your queries made sense
Nothing about flood plains and ghettos

RUBIKS

Juniors
No negative impact to residents?

The site is a floodplain. There are severe flooding issues.

The traffic report prepared for the developer indicated certain major intersections are at near or full capacity. An independent report is to be commissioned.

You have immediately adjacent to the proposed site the Towra Point Aquatic Reserve.

The proposal for use of Cronulla High School is not guaranteed.

The proposal is out of character with surrounding suburbs. How many 16 storey developments are in North Woolooware and North Caringbah?

Has the STA signed an agreement? I thought in principle support but no budget for it? Please provide more information.

Wasn't it already proven that you didn't care about "flooding" and you were only hanging onto it as an excuse in the other thread?

Can anyone, don't care who, point to, or show me where it says this thing will be 16 storey's? Note: not a random line somewhere, something official please.

spider

Coach
Can anyone, don't care who, point to, or show me where it says this thing will be 16 storey's? Note: not a random line somewhere, something official please.

NSW Planning & Infrastructure said:
Concept Plan application seeking approval for a mixed use development including building envelopes for 8 residential buildings ranging in height from 8 to 16 storeys (including podium) and a neighbourhood retail, medical and leisure centre

http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au/index.pl?action=view_job&job_id=4485

Try living on the bloody Gold Coast. Makes all this arguing about floods and size of the building look ridiculous.

FMD even the car parks under the buildings have flooded up here. No big deal, pump the fugger out.

And Traffic, FMD talk about insular Shire hobbit attitude from the NIMBY side. They have no fugging concept of traffic.

Even a discussion about "A" roundabout versus "A" set of lights. WTF. Drive outside the Shire and find out what real traffic is.

Seriously, these NIMBY arguments make Shire residents look like complete idiots.

spider

Coach
Even a discussion about "A" roundabout versus "A" set of lights. WTF. Drive outside the Shire and find out what real traffic is.

Seriously, these NIMBY arguments make Shire residents look like complete idiots.
i lived on the gold coast for years, its a breeze compared to driving to parramatta from cronulla each day, which can take up to an hour and 20 at times

is that outside the shire by your standards...

Last edited:
Hey Spide, Drive up here now. Disaster Zone.

And that comment was not about you. It is a general comment. The traffic argument has done the rounds a million times.

I use to drive to North Ryde everyday from the Shire and once over the bridge the Traffic was bloody disgusting. My point is, the "traffic" in the Shire is not as bad as outside it!

Oh and by the way. Why isn't the NSW government spending money on Roads and infrastructure to support the growing population in the Shire and other areas of Sydney, rather than building lovely new sections of the Pacific Hwy in Northern NSW?

Seriously, they have no idea

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Oh and by the way. Why isn't the NSW government spending money on Roads and infrastructure to support the growing population in the Shire and other areas of Sydney, rather than building lovely new sections of the Pacific Hwy in Northern NSW?

Seriously, they have no idea

Sorry mate. I drive those roads daily. They are death traps. I have done the drive to Sydney ....f**k...few hundred times. But not for a few years now. A few weeks ago i drove to Newy & returned at night. It was the most terrifying experience i have ever had on the roads. It like formula 1 for b-doubles throught the streets of surfers paradise during a blackout.
The p/hwy should have been dual carriage way from melbourne to Cairns, 20 years ago.
I drive the old p/hway around some areas here that was used as recently as 10 years ago & shake my head in disbelief that I used to drive along them at 100kmh with b-doubles.

spider

Coach
Miller Was A Legend said:
Hey Spide, Drive up here now. Disaster Zone.

And that comment was not about you. It is a general comment. The traffic argument has done the rounds a million times.

I use to drive to North Ryde everyday from the Shire and once over the bridge the Traffic was bloody disgusting. My point is, the "traffic" in the Shire is not as bad as outside it!

yes i agree, and in my time i have worked at pymble, hunters hill and mona vale, all whilst living in cronulla

not the most pleasant trips in the car by any stretch

im not debating the 'increased traffic' as an opposition to the development, im on record favouring it for the obvious, i enjoy discussion on all levels and to be honest i cant recall how it evolved - obvioulsy i picked at something

such as that dopey PM talking to people with her nose tilted in the aircasts line for quigsy