What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question to residents of Cronulla, Woolooware and Nth Caringbah,

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
lol I don't care. I grew up in the shire and loved the rivalry. Still do.

Couple of other forums I'm on is saying the same thing. It was a disappointing turn out and agree with the guy who thought it might backfire.

I know theres a difference, but essentially it is/was both clubs fighting for survival. One rally got 175 times more people then the other.

You moron. The Souths battle was more to do with the lower class, working man, versus the rich tycoon , than anything footbal or development related.
FFS Look at the imbeciles camped at these occupy things & they dont even know what they are protesting about. But its rich v poor, thats what matters.
400 was the most people ever, in the world, to rally in support of a development.

Quigs

Immortal
I dont know I got a lot of support and people turn up when I developed the Shrine to Paris.

Ausguy

Coach
You dill.

It's the sharks development.

If you look close they also refer to the community and a bright future.

Quigs

Immortal
how many turned up to rally when the dragons rolled over, took it up the arse and merged?

One. It was that bloke that rode the bike.

biker-win2.jpg

cleary89

Coach
aww special k, don't be so upset. You might one day clear the debt and possibly make a top 8.

Ausguy

Coach
yep next march for the debt and sept for the 8.

big words coming from a dragons fan who probably doesnt have much to look forward to next yr to be honest.

Lurkingshark

Juniors
I work on a lot of construction projects and people almost never respond to things when they are in favour of them but are far more likely to when they oppose it. So to have only marginally over 300 people respond in opposition to it I think is not a bad result.

Long time Shire-born lurker finally driven to comment.
We in Armidale had a Nationals merkin who pulled the same survey stunt as this Speakman dude. In his "survey" he found 95% opposed to the carbon tax. Yeah right, in a uni town.

He also claimed that surveys were mailed to all households (they weren't). Postal surveys are widely used by politicians to justify their personal view, knowing full well what the result will be.
Don't sweat it, it's just another manifestation of an increasingly desperate minority opposed to the development, or indeed opposed to everything.

Not a Sharks fan, Mr Speakman, I assume? I suspect you are hitching your cart to the wrong horse. You are supposed to be representing the entire electorate. Why not survey Barden Ridge residents to see if they like their reactor? :crazy:

The Attorney

Juniors
My take on the speakman situation is that he was possibly duped

What if the local NIMBY Capsis types hijacked the survey made their own copies and distributed it amongst themselves and then handed them in?

So what was supposed to be a random selection was anything but

Quigs

Immortal
Morning Lurking, welcome to the madhouse.

And don't forget to write your letter of support to the appropriate bodies. You can make a submission even if you are out of towners..

I am and did. And don't forget to get your friends, neighbours and enemies on it too. The more the merrier.

Custom written letters would be better but if you're more of a click and submit person visit:

http://www.supportthesharksdevelopment.com.au/

Anyone handy and have the address of where to send written subs...

carcharias

Immortal
speakman speaks..well ...emails .

I repeat that I am keen for the Cronulla Sutherland Leagues Club to solve its financial problems. However, although I said three weeks ago that I have seen no documents showing that there needs a development as big as the current proposal in order to solve those problems, there is still no explanation for any need for such a size in order to solve those problems.
There is overwhelming opposition in the Cronulla electorate to the current proposal by the Leagues Club / private developer consortium. No public rally or Facebook or other on-line campaigns (which seem to be made up mostly of people who live outside the electorate) can disguise that fact.
My main job as member for Cronulla is to represent my constituents. So in early October my office posted neutrally worded surveys about the development to every household in North Cronulla, North Woolooware and North Caringbah (south of Captain Cook Drive and east of Cawarra Road) who had at least one person with an electoral roll address. I received responses from well over 400 people. Only 20% of respondents supported the current proposal. A further 20% supported only the retail etc component. Almost no one supported only the residential component. The other 60% opposed the current development.
In the period up to my public statement on 31 October, almost all other correspondence to me from elsewhere in the electorate (ie outside the survey area described above) about the development was in opposition to it.
While I oppose the scale of the current, unprecedented proposal, I would not oppose a sensible, much scaled down development. I am happy to engage constructively with the Leagues Club and the developers about a smaller development if they wish to do so. The ultimate decision will be made by the Planning Assessment Commission. This was a media release sent to the Leader by Cronulla MP Mark Speakman

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/news/general/speakmans-sharks-development-views/2366646.aspx

there is a comment section if you feel the need.

Latest posts