What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quickest player race

Joker's Wild

Coach
Let me guess, they just happened to get this amazing idea while watching the AFL Grand Final telecast :sarcasm:

How about taking a guess where the AFL got the idea from in the first place you skirt wearing shirt puller.

You really excel at making a complete anus of yourself dont you champ

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
People here clearly have not seen Shannon Walker in full flight.

Quick off the mark and does not slow down.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Those 40m times are a lot slower than the ones listed in RLW in 2003. Matthew Rieck was credited with a time of 4.3s for 40m which strikes me as impossible. Manu Vatuvei apparently covers the 30m in 3.8s.

newman

First Grade
Matt Rieck was bloody quick in his day. Couldnt catch, tackle, or hold the ball correctly, but he scored plenty of tries just because of his insane pace.

sharks8601

Juniors
thats all that he had going for him
never once saw him get run down
but god he saved allot of tries by chasing down the other team

Nemesis

Bench
Could probably include Israel Folau as well... according to today's telucrap, Dutch running mechanics expert Frans Bosch has been working with Folau to improve his running style and is confident of increasing his speed from 8.8 to 9.8 metres per second. That's 4.08 seconds for 40 metres!

Yosh

Coach
Do you guys remember a player named Milton Thaiday? Played for the knights for a bit about 2 season ago. Could run the the 40m very fast but then would slow down

heaps just after that. I think he would have been up there!!!

Noa

First Grade
Could probably include Israel Folau as well... according to today's telucrap, Dutch running mechanics expert Frans Bosch has been working with Folau to improve his running style and is confident of increasing his speed from 8.8 to 9.8 metres per second. That's 4.08 seconds for 40 metres!

So now the grass will only grow half an inch instead of 1 by the time he gets from one end of the field to the other.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Asotasi would beat plenty of backs. He'd win that race by a mile.

Iafeta Paleaesina had a scary turn of pace for a big unit when he was at the Warriors, I remember him setting up a lengthof the field try with a 60m run in one game. Sam Rapira is fairly quick too.

Spike

First Grade
Who would represent the Sharks? All their backs are pretty slow barring Kearney

Inferno

Coach
I'm sure I've heard more than once the quickest over 40m is actually Gallen.

Over 100m I'd say Kearney or Brown. Neither is lightening quick though.

Nemesis

Bench
Not sure if this counts, but you may see Aaron Neich (alias the Pink Panther) do the fastest 40m run off the field on Sat at CUA stadium, if the Eels supporters get stuck into him...