What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quinny...

Jayell

Juniors
Just thought that its great that Anthony Quinn has finally got the recognition that he deserves. Week in week out he plays his guts out for the club and goes largely unnoticed in terms of getting accolades.
i love his spirit and passion and i what i havent blocked out from last years horror season was his effort in every game...even when we got smashed.
Quinn's always the one to cart the ball out from dummy half when we are under the pump on our own line. I remember him throwing the ball at Terry Hill last year when Many were giving it to us.....love his aggression and ther fact that he never lies down. Number one winger in our club....not that there much competetion now, is there????

You'll find that this year he has got plenty of wraps, due to the fact that this season week in week out his performed well.

Past 2-3 years his been extremely average which is why people have been somewhat critical of his abilities.

Jayell

Juniors
I have only been checking this site out for the past week or so and what i have noticed is an unbelievable amount of antagonistic comments. Strange. Some people seemed to think that they are football god's........Phil Gould anyone???
My point is the commitment and passion that Quinn puts into every game. Was doing exactly the same last year. What he lacks in natural ability he makes up for in hunger and commitment.
Stop trying to pick fights.

macavity

Referee
hear hear, he always puts in.

a brain explosion is often not far away, granted, but no one can doubt his commitment.

roopy

Referee
The thing people overlook about Quinn is that he was put into firatgrade very young - so naturally he had a lot of improvement in him.
Even now - there are only 3 guys in the regular 17 younger than him (Lowrie, Brown and Mullen) and Lowrie is only a few months younger than him.
I think he is only just hitting his best years - and probably has improvement in him for the next 3 or 4 years.

Ben

Bench
I think he has the makings of a fine winger for the club. He has this mean side of him that takes over when the team is under pressure. This is what i like about him, because his game lifts a notch when he does start to go agro. He does need to control his agression a bit because he can sometimes go over the line.

If he does need to improve his game, it is his ability to take the high balls. He has shown that when the ball is along the ground he does very well, but when the ball is in the air is when he experiences a bit of trouble.

Big Tim

First Grade
2 years ago I named him our best player all year. Like many of you said, he has passion and I love it. I loved the way he smashed the Storm centre after he scored that try a few weeks ago. Kind of a brain explosion, but showed committment... which I liked.

Whats Doing

Bench
He has improved out of sight this year and he is playing very well. However I will not be totally convinced until he is tested under the high ball. I am surprised teams have not targeted him this year as they did last year.

Ben

Bench
I think he will be heavily tested in the City Country game. Gower, Orford and Anasta all have great kicking games and can put up some really big bombs.

knights9

Juniors
COUNTRY SPOILER well sort of.

Quinn scored the winning try for country to make it 12-10 with 4 minutes to go. GO COUNTRY, GO QUINN.

Frederick

Staff member
Has to be a massive boost of confidence for Quinn, scoring the game winner in his first rep match.

Rod

Bench
Quinn's try was very good, he was pretty good tonight although not a lot of ball came his way. Kidley was ok, pretty quiet game although he did a lot of defensive work.

Alex28

Coach
I thought Quinn was just about MOTM. Did absolutely nothing wrong in attack or defence in a game that was pretty average in quality. The put-down for the final try was outstanding.

If Tahu or King get injured over the next few weeks...look out for an Origin bolter :)

antonius

Coach
When Quinn came into first grade to replace the injured Adam McDougall for just about the entire season, he was top class, and one of our best all that season, he sort of went into the wilderness for a while there, not sure if it was second year syndrome or what. But he is now showing all the attributes he showed that first year. Very strong, and aggressive (much like Doogs) and he certainly knows how to convert those difficult put downs, he's done it a few times this year, when it appeared that to get the ball down would be near impossible he's done it.

Whats Doing

Bench
Well done Quinny who played very well despite limited opportunities although I would not go over board as Alex28 and say he was MOTM.

jamesgould

Juniors
Alex28 said:
I thought Quinn was just about MOTM. Did absolutely nothing wrong in attack or defence in a game that was pretty average in quality. The put-down for the final try was outstanding.

If Tahu or King get injured over the next few weeks...look out for an Origin bolter :)

While I'm no huge Quinn fan, his finishing close to the line this year has been outstanding.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
Yeah good on him, had a fantastic game last night, and well deserved his spot in the team. Might be a SOO debut in the next few years.

Latest posts