What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quote of the Year!!

Stagger Lee

Bench
"I am not going to say that we have to make the eight" Attributed to one S Price on Fox NRL re expectations for 2013.

If ever we ever had any doubt, the above quote says it all!!

Where his pants up or pulled down when he said this? :sarcasm:

nontime111

Juniors
Blimey...leave the poor guy alone for f&*^ sake!
The moment Weyman went down early in the season last year was the death knell for the mighty Dragons for that season...give the guy a fair go please with the new roster and a fighting fit M. Weyman....no one can coach a team with there main and star prop missing like that....
GO PRICEY!!!!!
GO DRAGONS!!!!
SOLIDARITY PLEASE IN UNITY IS STRENGTH!!!:roll:

The moment Weyman went down early in the season last year was the death knell for the mighty Dragons for that season...give the guy a fair go please with the new roster and a fighting fit M. Weyman....no one can coach a team with there main and star prop missing like that....
GO PRICEY!!!!!
GO DRAGONS!!!!

Fair enough!

possm

Coach
GO PRICEY!!!!!
GO DRAGONS!!!!

If Weyman was so important to the success of the team for the 2012 season, why didn't Price recruit a top line prop instead of a whole lot of fringe players of whom none could step up to the mark?

If Weyman is injured in the first few rounds of the 2013 season, does this mean our seeason is over, or is Henderson the man to replace Weyman? He is the only new prop recruited for 2013. Maybe it's Stockwell now that he has had a few games in the NRL. Or then again, maybe moving De Bellin up to prop is the answer now that he has played a number of NRL
games.

For heaven's sake, some would even say 'give Vidot a go', he is big, strong, aggressive and couldn't do any worse than anyone else in the frame.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
This reeks of a throw away comment taken completely out of context.

Often the throw away comment shows the true state of a person?s thinking.

Steve Price?s big mistake: speaking out with raw, un-checked, un-censored thoughts. Or maybe speaking his mind.

Doust's worst nightmare: comments that have not been put through the spin program.

Fire

First Grade
GO PRICEY!!!!!
GO DRAGONS!!!!
SOLIDARITY PLEASE IN UNITY IS STRENGTH!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Fire

First Grade

Steve Price?s big mistake: speaking out with raw, un-checked, un-censored thoughts. Or maybe speaking his mind.

Doust's worst nightmare: comments that have not been put through the spin program.

Dude, you ever hear the one about the worrying and a rocking chair. It goes like this . . . worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, you use all that energy moving back-and-forth and get nowhere.

Relax, and be a better friend to yourself, you're going to have a nervous breakdown before the season even starts.

possm

Coach
Dude, you ever hear the one about the worrying and a rocking chair. It goes like this . . . worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair, you use all that energy moving back-and-forth and get nowhere.

Relax, and be a better friend to yourself, you're going to have a nervous breakdown before the season even starts.

Thanks I'll try.

Maybe a good strong Scotch will solve the problem ...... or hang on maybe it will make things worse; maybe I'll let it all hang out.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

No... It shows it's a throwaway comment.

The rest of his comments talk about focussing on improving team performance and consistency, putting an end result on that just means you lose focus of what you need to do to get there.

Bennett always said you only focus on the game ahead of you, you don't think of results in the future, otherwise you lose focus. It's been a common mentality for many years at the club.

Do the little things right and the results follow.

bottle

Coach
It's less than a throw away comment.
It isn't a comment at all about his expectations for the team, which is what people are trying to construe it to be.

Prometheus

Juniors
The moment Weyman went down early in the season last year was the death knell for the mighty Dragons for that season.

I would go so far as to say it happened even earlier than that. We'd planned our team about having Moltzen at fullback and when he went back on the deal he threw out our whole backline as people were shuffled around to try and cover the gap.

possm

Coach
I would go so far as to say it happened even earlier than that. We'd planned our team about having Moltzen at fullback and when he went back on the deal he threw out our whole backline as people were shuffled around to try and cover the gap.

Yep, your right. History says you are right.

Why didn't Price:
Recruit another fullback
Move Goodwin to fullback
Move Kemp to fullback
Move Vidot to fullback
Move Cummins to fullback

Why stuff up the whole team by moving the best two wingers in the comp out of position.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Now down to the substance of what our coach said. How many of us were impressed with his comments, throw away of course not withstanding? The guy is either a genius or simply lost the plot? And based of this year's result, I am leaning heavily towards the latter.

I wonder what more pearls he will have for us before the start of next season.

If we are prepared to accept mediocrity as the Dragons new hallmark , then S Price is in for a long innings.

Last edited:

Old_Timer

Juniors
Now come on Willow fess up, which part of Price's quote has you chomping at the bit to bring on next season under our esteemed coach?

I think there is some semblance of truth in possm's comments. For Price to make such an ill advised comment, I think that he has already been told that 2013 will be his last year at the Dragons, and as such will simply be going through the motions.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's abundantly clear that you're reading too much into it. But hey, that's OK. It makes for for good pub conversation. Pass me the peanuts.

gorilla

First Grade
Yep, your right. History says you are right.

Why didn't Price:
Recruit another fullback
Move Goodwin to fullback
Move Kemp to fullback
Move Vidot to fullback
Move Cummins to fullback

Why stuff up the whole team by moving the best two wingers in the comp out of position.

How about he played Morris and Nightingale at fullback.

How many games was Goodwin fit for, and when was he injured ?

How about Kemp and Cummins - hello (?) U/20s in their first good year ?

Vidot at full back - I can remember the match at KoJo when Vidot caught the bomb near the end of the match and the crowd cheered in relief.

How about Price tried something that had some merit.

This year, with the experience of the U/20 guys, there's a chance, but gawd, you're a dickhead.

Let the agenda go, and get real.

I know - Possm for the Leagues Club Board !!!!

Yeah !

Last edited:

Latest posts