What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 11 v Broncos

Surprised that they are going with only 2 reserve forwards this week in Sue and Seumanufagai.
Surprised that they are using Lulia as a reserve.

Would have preferred to see Koroibete as a reserve I before Lulia and utilised others to move around.

Interesting to see Sironen listed as a reserve in the NSW Cup team. Good to see a player coming back via the 'reserves' though.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
The Lulia decision is ludicrous. There is simply no explanation for his selection.

I can only think Potter feels some loyalty to players he signed for the club. There may also be salary cap implications if more rookies are blooded?

Hopefully Gavet is a late inclusion

Tiger05

First Grade
2 backs to me is madness - we've been good because of our forwards and impact off the bench. I assume part of the reason is to have 2 hookers available however that leaves one back who lacks impact on the bench.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Broncos still have a decent side capable of winning, despite Tigers forward losses that's where we have to beat them to win this.

macnaz

Staff member
Surprised that they are going with only 2 reserve forwards this week in Sue and Seumanufagai.
Surprised that they are using Lulia as a reserve.

Would have preferred to see Koroibete as a reserve I before Lulia and utilised others to move around.

Interesting to see Sironen listed as a reserve in the NSW Cup team. Good to see a player coming back via the 'reserves' though.

But Kori has only scored 5 tries in his last 2 games , its not enough

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 Kurtis Rowe
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Tim Simona
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Pat Richards
6 Braith Anasta
7 Luke Brooks
8 Martin Taupau
9 Joel Luani
10 Keith Galloway
11 Sitaleki Akauola
12 Bodene Thompson
13 Adam Blair

Interchange
14 Sauaso Sue
15 Ava Seumanufagai
16 Blake Austin
17 Keith Lulia

BrotherJim05

Bench
To be perfectly honest, I'm glad that Siro will have a couple of games in NSW Cup just to get his fitness back up. He will be back in the starting team soon enough.

magpie guy

Juniors
I call a smoke screen with that bench.

The injury report on the Tigers website lists Gavet for return round 11. If he is not listed for State Cup then there is a good chance that he will come onto the bench.

I agree with the other posters that we have been doing well this season on the back of the work from the forwards and impact from the bench. Carrying only one prop into the game would be a huge mistake considering Woods generally plays big minutes and I don't think Ava and Tapau can cover those minutes and keep the intensity required.

FFS, Potter obviously doesn't rate Koro over Lulia which is hard to comprehend.Both have their moments in defence but at least Koro can be dangerous in attack, while Dawn bloody Fraser would be more effective in attack than Lulia.

Clifferd

Coach
Massive game for us imo. We win going into the bye we end out on 16 points facing Newcastle hopefully with a full strength team, everyone raring to go with morale high. (would be even better if Farah and Woods come back in with a NSW win)

Last week was massive for us even if we just scraped it in, but this will tell us if the team is up to top 8 standards and it starts without Farah and Woods. Massive chance for us to be in a comfortable position, no way should they be taking this game lightly.

BrotherJim05

Bench
FFS, Potter obviously doesn't rate Koro over Lulia which is hard to comprehend.Both have their moments in defence but at least Koro can be dangerous in attack, while Dawn bloody Fraser would be more effective in attack than Lulia.

I'm hearing that Koro is being shopped around to another club, hence why he isn't getting call ups to FG.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Best of luck to you guys. You may not agree, but I actually think our squads are pretty evenly matched. Both our coaches are spuds too so no advantages either way there. Where I think we'll get you is our leadership around the park though. Hunt, Glenn and Barba together may be the difference and Farah's absence is the single biggest hit for you. His clear head and ability to read the play always pays dividends and it won't be there.

Latest posts