What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 11 v Broncos

Tiger05

First Grade
You'd probably rate gonorrhea as well. Watch the game again, he was bloody awful.

I watched it before and if I watch it again I bet I'd come up with the same opinion. I like Lawrence but we didn't lose anything with Lulia.

I think the problem is we just don't have enough spark out there. Koro, Moses and Siro are our best bets. Tedesco and Farah will make a massive difference however

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Tonight reminded me of good old Sheens. Two backs on the bench, strange interchanges, players all over the shop. Really poor.

Fordy20

Juniors
Why was Lawrence taken off to give f**king Lulia a run? Useless merkin!

Austin, Anasta and Luani provide absolutely no support or options for Brooks.

We should have won that game, but played with the most dreadful attacking game.

I almost think that Potter knew that the refs would make sure we'd lose that match no matter what happened and that's why he put Lulia on the bench and rotated Austin, Anasta and Luani through hooker and pivot.

Ultimately it demonstrated to me that we need a stable spine, not just for 80 minutes, but week in week out. Also, when the Origin period is over Anasta and Luani have no business playing first grade.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
One spastic replacing another!

I am so sick of that useless hack Lawrence.

How often does the weak merkin get pushed over the sideline?

Meanwhile he is here for another 2 years taking up big coin that could have been spent on Tedesco.
Like hell i'm bagging Lawrence tonight. It must've been wet, players were slipping over all night from both sides.

And if someone other than Brooks could bother to give a bit of direction, Lawrence wouldn't need to go looking for the ball.

Simona f**king starved waiting for ball from Anasta.

Luani was at his slowest yet in the top grade, as far as service goes.

But at least lawrence can hang on to the pill and run a decent line and time it properly, unlike Statue Lulia, who dawdles about like a f**king brown cow, its like having a less skillful, marginally better defensive version of Lui back out there when Lulia is on the field.

But Anasta, f**k me, that his worst game tonight this year, by far.

several times he got the ball on the last when Brooks wasn't in position, and instead of kicking, Anasta passed it to Brooks, who had little option to either pass or attempt a short kick.

At the end when Brooks needed good clean ball, he got passes at his head, behind him, slow dummies to him and then the pass went to him with the defence on top of him from Luani, Anasta and Austin.

The poor kid had no f**king hope of constructing anything. Evidence by the fact that he had to use kicks to get 2 tries.

No one runs options for him, when he starts to drift, everyone stops moving, bar one centre who will run back on the inside.

What f**king hope can he have?

Where are the back rowers running straight options on his inside and/or outside?

And then there's Anasta's f**king kicks, those bomb's into the opposition's in goal and we have two blokes chasing, because everyone else intelligently assumes that a kick will go where we have 11 men standing.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Anasta...has he ever had a good game?

Can't agree with your defending of Lawrence...

Too slow, bad hands, takes wrong options and terrible defender.

What was your read on who was at fault for Brisbane's first try?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence has one handling error.

Lawrence had a poor tackle for the first try, he's not the first man playing rugby league to ever do that. It's not an habitual issue for him. He's a better defender than Lulia by a massive f**king margin.

He has better hands than Lulia by an ever bigger f**king margin

He is faster than Lulia by an even bigger margin still.

Our entire defnsive strategy tonight was shithouse. Charging up but not sliding will always create gaps.

That's not Lawrence's fault.

To say Lawrence is a terrible defender because he missed one tackle is being stupid and is a comment borne out of frustration at how the team as awhole played shit and managed to lose a game they had every right to win if they played with a modicum of discipline and structure

BuffaloRules

Coach
Gee, he is better than Lulia... No fooling.

Here is a thought outside the square- neither should be in the 17.

If you think that a Lawrence defending error is a rare occcurence, then I suggest you aren't watching many games.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you think Lawrence is a terrible defender with poor hands, then i suggest you are watching AFL.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
One missed tackle & one handling error & you are making him out to be a shittier version of Daniel Fitzhenry.

Get a grip & a bit of rationale.

Please, for your own sake.

Lawrence wasn't the issue tonight, and trying to make him a scapegoat is stupid & blatantly overlooking bigger issues from tonights game.

Buy you aren't interested in any of those, because it would prevent you from pushing your "lawrence is a useless merkin" agenda.

So, carry on...

BuffaloRules

Coach
And, like a lot of other fans, the expectations I have of the third highest paid player in the side is going to be a bit higher than Lulia.

broncos2010

Juniors
Proud of our boys our 3 international backrowerrs out and Hodges and we still get the job done.

Ben hunt what a player have him any day over brooks, he has been carrying the broncos this year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Line breaks?

Anasta made our only line break today.

Whats your f**king point? That Anasta was the best player on the park today?

Lawrence's stats are almost identical to Simona's.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simona 9 runs for 53 metres
Lawrence 9 runs for 54 metres

Simona 12 tackles
Lawrence 18 tackles

Simona 1 off load
Lawrence 1 off load

Simona 0 handling errors
Lawrence 1 handling error

Simona 0 1-on-1 tackles
Lawrence 3 1-on-1 tackles

Simona 0 missed tackles
Lawrence 1 missed tackle

those are the only stats where at least one of our centres registered something other than zero in.

So neither had any tackle breaks, line breaks, line break assists, try assists, penalties conceded.

Tiger05

First Grade
Our centres lack of breaking the line and scoring or setting up tries is a concern. I think we need more options out there. I'm not sure what to do however maybe a backline like this would help:-

1. Tedesco
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofolouma
5. Korobiete

I like Lawrence however we need to change something up. Anasta to me needs to go and we need to have 4 forwards on the bench.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, it wouldn't help.

You aren't fixing the problem.

The problem tonight was slow service from dummy half and Anasta being slow and confused like the senile old merkin that he is.

Your centres, I don't care who the f**k they are, will never be able to succeed from there.

The backs are fine, all of them.

Anasta needs to make way for Sironen and Luani needs to make way for someone who is faster than a man stuck in drying molasses.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Simona 9 runs for 53 metres
Lawrence 9 runs for 54 metres

Simona 12 tackles
Lawrence 18 tackles

Simona 1 off load
Lawrence 1 off load

Simona 0 handling errors
Lawrence 1 handling error

Simona 0 1-on-1 tackles
Lawrence 3 1-on-1 tackles

Simona 0 missed tackles
Lawrence 1 missed tackle

those are the only stats where at least one of our centres registered something other than zero in.

So neither had any tackle breaks, line breaks, line break assists, try assists, penalties conceded.

So what are you saying now?

That Lawrence is better than Simona?

It's amazing that we can watch the same game every week and have differing views...

You see a good (great??) player and all I see if $600K a year for the next three years flushed down the dunny.

Anyway, the only man's opinion that matters is Potter, and it appears that he is going to pick him every week just like Anasta.

Looking forward to doing this again in two weeks time

Tedesco
Richards
Simona
Nofoluama
Korobiete
Sironen
Brooks

That is the backline we need this season. Accept the up and down of Korobiete. He will improve.
That backline is our future....along with Moses for Sironen.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, I'm saying that Lawrence and simona were almost identical and stats prove that, yet you come on here essentially stating that lawrence is utter shit but don't say a word against Simona.

When as I've said all along, the issue isn't the centres at all.

I took the liberty to compile the stats for you from the season thus far and your claim that Lawrence is a shit defender with shit hands looks even more absurd.

Averages per game
Runs
Lawrence 10.7
Simona 10.43
Lulia 7.33

Metres
Simona 95.43
Lawrence 90.00
Lulia 54.50

Try Assists
All have 0 this year

Tackle Breaks
Simona 3.29
Lawrence 1.40
Lulia 1.33

Tackles made
Lawrence 16.10
Lulia 10.83
Simona 10.57

Offloads
Simona 1.14
Lawrence 0.70
Lulia 0.50

Line Breaks
Simona 0.43
Lulia 0.17
Lawrence 0.10

Line Break Assists
Lawrence 0.10
Simona and Lulia both have 0

Errors
Lulia 1.00
Lawrence 0.80
Simona 0.71

Missed Tackles
Lulia 1.17
Simona 1.14
Lawrence 0.80

Tackle effectiveness %
Lawrence 95.27% (Made 161 tackles, missed 8)
Lulia 90.28% (made 65 tackles, missed 7)
Simona 90.24% (made 74 tackles, missed 8)

worth noting that Lulia has one game off the bench with little minutes and Lawrence had one game where he played about 15 mins and another where he played for an hour on the wing.

Latest posts