What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 | Knights 18-31 Broncos @ Hunter | Monday 7.00pm

Round 11 result :: Knights vs Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noname36

First Grade
Sup Knights fans?

I see what you guys are trying to do. Sitting around, negging your own team all in the desperate bid to claim underdog status well it isn't happening! You guys have a fair team and they'll take a lot of confidence out of last weeks win. I'm sure all of them marked this match on their calender before the season started and they'll be keen to teach Wayne a lesson.

It's definitely going to be close but the only way I can see the Broncos winning is if they pull another bunny out of the hat late in the contest. You guys should go in confident and as long as the Knights stick to their guns they should have too much fire-power across the park.

You seen our side lately mate? We have Gidley, Roberts and interchanging rookie hookers controlling the important stuff. We're f**ked.

Big Pete

Referee
I have actually - how good was Roma last week?

Now granted there is every opportunity that your players will shit the bed but they've got the monkey off their backs now and there is still plenty of talent in your squad.

I'm still expecting the Broncos to turn up to keep the Knights honest but they're missing a lot of key talent and they'll have to play well if they're going to win.

Last edited:

1qaz

Juniors
I am not so sure on Gags going into origin at left centre though. He is a right centre. You would assume GI to fullback if Slater unfit. If GI goes to fullback NSW are f###ed if they aren't already.

Dane can play both sides as illustrated with his combination with McManus the last two weeks. Can pass on both sides just as well.
He is actually probably suited more on the left with his short left foot kicking game.

blaza88z

Coach
The Knights are $1.52 to win this game, the bookies obviously think the Knights will win this in a canter

Swarzey

Bench
Probably would if we had at least one half that was competent but like the last six weeks, we'll piss so many f**king opportunities. Fact we could only just beat Wests is a disgrace and anyone who thinks we can win this needs their head pulled out.

Noname36

First Grade
Broncos spine is still intact so they should win just on the basis of that - unless their forwards get absolutely destroyed which is impossible given our issues up front (although to our credit they held their own against a much bigger Tigers pack last week).

I just want to cry every time I look at our props and spine. The problem has been there for years and nobody can/will fix it. Seriously any side with Gidley and Roberts as starting halves deserves whatever it gets. Neither are reliable enough to be FG halves and yet we have two.

Mullen, Scott and maybe Gagai being out just puts the final nail in the coffin.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Our prop rotation isn't that bad. Snowie, Korbin and Stockwell are good enough, we just lack another impact body off the bench. If Smith goes next year we will need 2

Our spine needs fixing, especially if Gagai is out.

Rod

Bench
I am not so sure on Gags going into origin at left centre though. He is a right centre. You would assume GI to fullback if Slater unfit. If GI goes to fullback NSW are f###ed if they aren't already.

GI is a lazy fullback and constantly has blinders at centre for Queensland. If I"m NSW I'm definitely hoping Slater is out.

Losing Gagai just hurts us more though.

Rod

Bench
Haven't watched Souths lately? He's constantly phoning in performances for them. And his effort in the Anzac test was diabolical, you wouldn't have even known he was playing if he didn't gift that try to SKD.

mozza91

Coach
Probably would if we had at least one half that was competent but like the last six weeks, we'll piss so many f**king opportunities. Fact we could only just beat Wests is a disgrace and anyone who thinks we can win this needs their head pulled out.

Why is only just beating Wests a disgrace? They have a very good forward pack and a pretty decent spine. I know being shitty with the team is very in vogue on here atm but the deserve abit of credit for how they played on Sunday.
Most people seem to think we're going to win except you lot.

Apey

Staff member

Welcome to the dark side.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Broncos spine is still intact so they should win just on the basis of that - unless their forwards get absolutely destroyed which is impossible given our issues up front (although to our credit they held their own against a much bigger Tigers pack last week).

Perhaps you missed seeing Stagg starting and Blair/Wallace starting props. There's not much coming off the bench either (apart from Oates), including 1 player on debut.

If the Knights play this smart then Hunt/Milford won't get much opportunity to do anything.

Swarzey

Bench
Why is only just beating Wests a disgrace? They have a very good forward pack and a pretty decent spine. I know being shitty with the team is very in vogue on here atm but the deserve abit of credit for how they played on Sunday.
Most people seem to think we're going to win except you lot.

The amount of chances we f**ked up was just far too much. How many times were we in prime position to score points or even force repeat sets? One drop out. Brooks and Moses, I love the kids but they're the worst defenders in the competition yet we hardly ran at them. Sione made that half break at the start of the game yet I can't remember him doing it again. Is there credit deserved? Yeah, our backline was f**king awesome, Tariq showed his class and the reasons why we picked him up and I thought Korbin was excellent too. But that doesn't mean the side isn't exempt from criticism.

There are some very basic things that we could change that would win us games. Even Roberts and Gidley should be able to recongise what works early and just that, that alone, would make it easier to call us winning games in the lead up. Yet, week after week, they're doing jack f**king shit and because of that, our best players, the ones that could win us games single handily are wasted.

If Mullen was playing, this would be better and I hope to god he sits in whatever healing chamber he has to get back out there. Unfortunately, he's not and the reality is this side won't win games the way a side, on paper, like us should while he's out. I'm not saying we're absolutely no chance in the world, winning football games can spark players, but one win isn't going to be enough for me to go back to the lead up to Parra/Cowboys when I thought everything would be alright.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Wow I've never heard a group of fans talk down their team so much.

I had a look at the ladder expecting you to be in the wooden spoon position comfortably. But no, you guys win this week and your probably in the top 8 and 1 win away from the Broncos.

I really hope your team sucks as much as your saying.