What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R12 Dogs.

Crush

Coach
Fully expecting a defeat here, there are 10 other teams that I’d rather play than Dogs. We will have to be at our best to beat them, they are a thorn in our side and will be right up for it.
Second week new coach always gets a win too.
Zero confidence, I’d rather play Penrith.

justadragon

Bench
im going to put my head on the chopping block here and say that now would be the perfect time to put hunt to 9 sullivan to 7 and mbye to 14. This allows us to get a couple of games in before AM is due to return if im correct. also if MM is retained and moose comes back either fui or woods back to ressies. thinking ahead when su;a comes back once again someone else straight back to ressies. i think we could all see the benefit of having speed around the ruck especially in the second half last week. my hopes are that AM comes back and gets slotted into ressies but being the lovechild i doubt that would happen. just my thoughts.

Dragon David

First Grade
im going to put my head on the chopping block here and say that now would be the perfect time to put hunt to 9 sullivan to 7 and mbye to 14. This allows us to get a couple of games in before AM is due to return if im correct. also if MM is retained and moose comes back either fui or woods back to ressies. thinking ahead when su;a comes back once again someone else straight back to ressies. i think we could all see the benefit of having speed around the ruck especially in the second half last week. my hopes are that AM comes back and gets slotted into ressies but being the lovechild i doubt that would happen. just my thoughts.
I agree with you justa. Just don't know if Hunt could get through a lot of defence but Hook should give it a go. Sullivan running things as the half and Amone becoming more "adventurous" will be a good thing to partner Sullivan in the halves. Mbye would be good coming off the bench and can cover at least 5 positions if any injuries.

Our chances of winning will be improved a real lot if we maintain a good defensive game and we can at least score 4-5 converted tries. I don't want to say keep errors to a minimum because every time I say it, they make stacks.

qld redvee

Juniors
as long as duffty gets selected at full back we are a good chance . Looks like his defence has got worse this year . so half breaks with a support looming up duffty will go for the intercept and we should score . But seriously we will have to be on our top game as the dogs are a potentially good team and they usually find a way to beat us hopefully moose back so sharon can go back to ressies and lawrie back to bench

justadragon

Bench
I agree with you justa. Just don't know if Hunt could get through a lot of defence but Hook should give it a go. Sullivan running things as the half and Amone becoming more "adventurous" will be a good thing to partner Sullivan in the halves. Mbye would be good coming off the bench and can cover at least 5 positions if any injuries.

Our chances of winning will be improved a real lot if we maintain a good defensive game and we can at least score 4-5 converted tries. I don't want to say keep errors to a minimum because every time I say it, they make stacks.
i agree dave, pretty soon there will have to be some tough decisions made especially in the forwards, all you have to do is see how well we had shape in the second half of the game. i do sincerely hope we dont go back to a snails pace in the ruck again.

denis preston

First Grade
How about if we are behind at half time he makes these changes ?

Dragon David

First Grade
as long as duffty gets selected at full back we are a good chance . Looks like his defence has got worse this year . so half breaks with a support looming up duffty will go for the intercept and we should score . But seriously we will have to be on our top game as the dogs are a potentially good team and they usually find a way to beat us hopefully moose back so sharon can go back to ressies and lawrie back to bench
I'm scared of the high flying bombs that Burton will kick all afternoon.

kit66

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Molo start next to his brother this week, it'd be a brave move from Hook but not undeserved for the big fella. Lawrie fully deserves the opposite - a seat on the bench (his stats off the bench are heaps better than his starts anyway). MMolo in 47 minutes made 34 tackles, no misses and if you were listening you could actually here the impact he was making in the tackles, he hits really hard. In comparison Lawrie, 43 minutes, 26 tackles with 5 misses. Their hit ups - 9 each - and run metres were almost the same but it's the defence in the middle from Michael that the team really needs right now. Lawrie and Bird are weak points. The best thing about MMolo is that that was his first game, he will get better, I watched him play a lot for Norths in Brissie and I'll tell you he can hit harder and run harder than he did on Saturday, just wait til he settles in and gets some confidence.

justadragon

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Molo start next to his brother this week, it'd be a brave move from Hook but not undeserved for the big fella. Lawrie fully deserves the opposite - a seat on the bench (his stats off the bench are heaps better than his starts anyway). MMolo in 47 minutes made 34 tackles, no misses and if you were listening you could actually here the impact he was making in the tackles, he hits really hard. In comparison Lawrie, 43 minutes, 26 tackles with 5 misses. Their hit ups - 9 each - and run metres were almost the same but it's the defence in the middle from Michael that the team really needs right now. Lawrie and Bird are weak points. The best thing about MMolo is that that was his first game, he will get better, I watched him play a lot for Norths in Brissie and I'll tell you he can hit harder and run harder than he did on Saturday, just wait til he settles in and gets some confidence.
yep totally agree kit66, i watched him play a couple of ressie games and he always performed, would love to see him and ramsey completely nail down those spots, and also have hook show them a bit of confidence if they make a couple of mistakes.

justadragon

Bench
I was furious with the team and pretty sure they got booed off - one of many low points in recent years. Including be held to zero a few times - ( never happened before , but we managed to break all the wrong records).
yep i remember that day well, it was a total embarrassment, and i think in the press conference both mary and frizzell said the fans had a right to boo the team off.

Draginzaaar

Bench
AM might be back this week according to Hook on NRL360.

Latest posts