What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R12 Sun - Titans v Raiders @ GC *SPOILERS*

TITAN1

Juniors
Thank god thats over.
I hope Carty makes em run sand hills next week,just glad raiders were so bad in the first half..

Coaster

Bench
Wow that second half was the worst half of football ive seen this year.

Very rarly when your side is up by 20 points, your wishing the game would just end, but that happened today.

Raiders how the fu*k did you trick us into buying Kahler?? Thats just low!

DeeGan

Bench
If there was a non Titan or Raider fan who sat through the full 80 minutes today, you deserve the NRL's version of a bravery award - pathetic second half from the Gold Coast Titans to go on top of the pathetic first half from Canberra.

We switched off after half-time - John Cartwright and the coaching staff will be most disappointed in what we dished out in the second half. We had the chance to put Canberra to the sword, we didn't. We instead plodded our way through the final 40 minutes. A very good side would have put 50 on Canberra, we showed we have plenty to work on to produce satisfactory 80 minutes.

The positive is we after the bye are on 14 points and in the top eight. The first half of the season has exceeded expectations of the "experts" online and in the media. Considering I think we dropped a game or two that I expected us to win (Roosters and Dragons), we are looking good for the last half of our debut season.

Our best? Luke Bailey - no surpise. Scott Prince was magnificent in the first half, the second half he was let down by the majority of the team.

Canberra fans can take solace in their teams attitude in the second half. Defensively they were superb. The big men in particular caught my eye and Dobson tried his heart out. I love watching a throw back big man play well, Michael Weyman when 100% fit will be awesome. He was good in patches.

We converted the "four point game" - congrats to Carty and the boys. Titans fans are smiling though still scratching their heads with the second half effort.

CrazyEel

Bench
TITAN1 said:
Thank god thats over.
I hope Carty makes em run sand hills next week,just glad raiders were so bad in the first half..
Was just thinking that myself. What did Carty do to them at HT, came out like they just wanted to have a good lie down. Seriously, any other team, even roosters, would have run in 40 against the Titans in that 2nd half. :shock:

Raider_69

Post Whore
If we defended like that since minute one, we'd have won that game, the titans didnt do anything at all really, we let them win that with absolutely misrable first half effort

i dare say add todd carney and phil graham to that team in the 2nd half and we almost win that game, the class and skill they add to us was missed big time

TITAN1

Juniors
I guess i shouldnt be too unhappy,Titans are NOW in the eight before next week (i was so hoping to get the for/against in the black) and Presto should be back for the next game against the tigers! :D

DeeGan

Bench
CrazyEel said:
Was just thinking that myself. What did Carty do to them at HT, came out like they just wanted to have a good lie down. Seriously, any other team, even roosters, would have run in 40 against the Titans in that 2nd half. :shock:

Don't put the second half effort on Carty, the players were accountable for that garbage.

:lol: Carney and Graham are not miracle workers :lol:

TITAN1

Juniors
Was hoping the players would have busted a gut today as they have no game next week
looked as if they had the surf on their minds,not the footy :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
the amount of time we spend in the attacking 20 and offered nothing, thats where todd and phil really help us out... certainly would have added polish to us, that said the only reason we got in those positions was our defence and the titans inability to hold the footy

quality wise, it was a woeful game

DeeGan

Bench
Dodger, how do you leave out Luke Bailey from the 3,2,1? :lol:

Were you watching the game or listening to the Warriors vs Bulldogs? :?

Raider_69

Post Whore
the positives for canberra:

- showed some real ticker in the 2nd half, could have easily given up the game and let the titans run wild, especially how inexperienced we are, but we stuck solid and we wernt completely embarrassed.

- mick weyman and thom learoyd lahrs were awesome in patches, really showed what both are capible of.

- Zillman despite his 1st half mistake, looked very dangerous from the back in patches, when he attack the ball he was good

CrazyEel

Bench
DeeGan said:
Don't put the second half effort on Carty, the players were accountable for that garbage.
Nah wasn't meaning to actually imply anything towards Carty, top coach, was just joking about it was like they were all sedated during the HT break as a totally different team came back out.

No matter, it's still 2 points and over with now so well done to the Titans, you guys must be really stoked how they are going in thier first year :D

Coaster

Bench
CrazyEel said:
you guys must be really stoked how they are going in thier first year :D

Im stoked.

Honestly as bad as we played today, if someone offered us a 28 - 8 victory heading into a bye weekend, with all our players except 1 injury free to start the next half of the year, and we would be sitting in 8 spot, im pretty sure we would take it:D

DeeGan

Bench
CrazyEel said:
Nah wasn't meaning to actually imply anything towards Carty, top coach, was just joking about it was like they were all sedated during the HT break as a totally different team came back out.

No matter, it's still 2 points and over with now so well done to the Titans, you guys must be really stoked how they are going in thier first year :D

Don't get me wrong, I with any other Gold Coast Titans fan sit here over the moon to be where we are on the ladder - it is awesome to be the number two ranked Queensland club in the NRL (oh so sweet seeing Brisbane languishing equal last :lol:) at the moment ;-) Will it last? Hope so.

Fact remains that second half flat out sucked.

A good team like a Melbourne, Manly or North QLD would of put US to the cleaners. We want to contend for the eight but also give a good account in the finals if we make it, not just be there to make up numbers. Based on the second half, PLENTY of work to do.

Eelectrica

Referee
It was like Carties half time address was something like "Great work in attacking the line in the 1st half. Now for this 2nd half I'd like you to practice your goal line defence" ;-)

Titans have to learn from that 2nd half and hopefully next time retain focus throughout the game. Hard 2nd half to sit through.

CrazyEel

Bench
Yeah agree with all that has been said, but as Raiders never really challenged them for the win tend to think they just coasted.

Anyway the success their having is great for fans on the coast and hope they keep it up :D

skeepe

Immortal
Disappointing effort by the Raiders, tempered by some outstanding individual performance from Scott Logan and Michael Weyman. Deadset, Scott Logan is the buy of the season, easily one of if not THE form prop of the competition at the moment.