What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R12 Sun - Warriors v Bulldogs @ Mt Smart *SPOILERS*

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dead set that was a joke of a send off. Sonny Bill's wasn't a send off, doesn't make it right for that to be a send off offence. Dogs got this game gifted to them by useless Hampstead as usual! And f**k me..Witt should be kicking, Martin is so bad!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
SBW's arm made contact with the neck you flip, the jaw at worst - have you ever gone back and watched the tackle?

Either way, if today's tackle only hit the point of the shoulder he would not have been sent. It hit his head.

Timmah

Staff member
Dogs weren't gifted the game by Hampstead locky, the Warriors simply ran out of steam.

KTF said:
Yes I agree the kiwi commentators are biased, but so are all commentators biased based towards the passion they have for the teams they support.

You label someone a farkwit for being biased and then someone labels you a farkwit for being equally biased as your comments throughout the game have shown.

Are you allowed to make judgements that others are not?

I'm a person on the internet sharing my opinion. The people I'm bagging are professionals who should know better. How the f**k is that comparable?

CC said:
Put the shoe on the other foot.

Imagine if it had been the same tackle but done by Phelps on Crockett.

You would be blowing up and whinging all over the place.
Didn't happen.

Irrelevant.

Next?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
SBW's arm made contact with the neck you flip, the jaw at worst - have you ever gone back and watched the tackle?

Either way, if today's tackle only hit the point of the shoulder he would not have been sent. It hit his head.

Proving what I said about you earlier.

Blaze

Juniors
Dodger said:
:lol:

Noone can be as biased as the NZ commentators. But continue to be sore losers guys, it's a great look :thumb

They aren't that biased, more just clueless.

besides, Costo is Australian and supports the Cowboys... Halligan is obviously Bulldogs through and through.

Martli

Coach
Fact is we kept up for most of the game with 12 players on the feild. We only fell in the final 20, it was always going to happen. The send-off was bullsh*t, it should only be utilized for repeat offenders and tackles with blatant malice. You can use Sonny-Bill's tackle as an example and moan all you want, but it fits under the same category. Perhaps it's a rule that needs looking at, maybe introduce 10minutes with 12 players and then you can put an interchange player on (offender stays on the feild) I dunno, but it ruined the game for us. Sending a player off after 3 minutes compeltely pretty much determines the result then and there.

So congrats for getting the 2 points, but if you think this is some sort of heroic effort you're sadly mistaken...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Dodger said:

And so does 9-10 tackles per game.

I don't think the SBW or the Crockett tackle deserved a send off. How about you?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Dodger said:
Depends... do you agree with the SBW R1 send off?
Well I think that the injury to the player was taken into account and if Johns had have gotten up and played the ball, we would have heard nothing of it.

Dodger said:
Well imo and many others, that was exactly what happened and he still got sent off. I spose we'll have our own opinions and I'm of the one that Crockett was hardly done by. Sure he made contact with the head and it should have been a penalty, but being sent off was harsh.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The stupid thing about the sending off rule is that Crockett will probably only get a 1 or 2 week suspension. Which happens to players all the time but they never get sent off.

If you get sent off it should be for an offence that would at least get you 4+ week suspension.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Dodger said:
Dogs weren't gifted the game by Hampstead locky, the Warriors simply ran out of steam.

I'm a person on the internet sharing my opinion. The people I'm bagging are professionals who should know better. How the f**k is that comparable?

Playing with 12 men for 75 minutes usually causes a team to run out of steam.

So what you're saying is that because you're just a person on the internet you should be allowed to make judgements on other people? Well isn't that what other people on the internet do when they labelled you a farkwit? That's how it's comparable.

Besides as somebody already pointed out, one is Australian, one is a former Dogs player and the other one is Ropati who just plain doesn't count.

mattyg

Bench
Poffosbiggestfan said:
Well I think that the injury to the player was taken into account and if Johns had have gotten up and played the ball, we would have heard nothing of it.

you just dodged the question.

Do you agree with the SBW send off in Rd 1?

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: I'm loving the consistent "you've done nothing special" being launched at the Dogs. Classic stuff.

Better still, you lot are still pillaging on about Costigan and Halligan - I'm talking about the radio team headed up Allan McLaughlin. The TV team didn't cover todays game (at least not here in Oz) and I was listening to ABC radio.

i dont think it was a sent off, penalty at the most (thats just my opinion), but then again sonny's wasnt worth a send off, but were talking about todays match.

even though we won today, i would have felt a lot better winning against a warriors team with 13 players on the field.

still plenty of work for us to do to make the 8 to be honest, hopefully the boys fire up against the broncos in 2 weeks time.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dodger said:
lol KTF, we have the bye next week, you've already had yours.

You're also playing the Storm next week.

:nwave:

Also, you're an idiot.

Rub one out while Hampsted is on screen and try posting sensibly.

Latest posts