What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R12 Sun - Warriors v Bulldogs @ Mt Smart *SPOILERS*

Fast Eddie

First Grade
SBW single handly won you the game.

Well.....that and the fact that we only had 12 men.....but he was sensational.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: @ the excuses still coming out of the land of the long white cloud

:sleeper:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dodger said:
:lol: @ the excuses still coming out of the land of the long white cloud

:sleeper:

Apart from noting we were down to 12, i don't see any other excuses.

You're getting boring. New material plz.

Timmah

Staff member
12 players generally isn't. We've lost a couple of games where the opposition has had players sent and it does happen. The Warriors gave away too many good opportunities.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dodger said:
12 players generally isn't. We've lost a couple of games where the opposition has had players sent and it does happen. The Warriors gave away too many good opportunities.

Que?

Thats exactly what most Warriors fans have been saying. Where are these excuses you speak of?

Oh, there aren't any.

shiznit

Coach
Dodger said:
lol@dodger...

you probably haven't played footy with a man down have you... its pretty tough holding out for 10mins... how about 75mins...

the game was always going to be tight at the start but losing a man has the biggest effect in the last 20mins. the extra defensive workload bites you in the backend of the game. holes start to open up and tackles start falling off.

it was the same in Rd1 between the dogs and the knights. SBW was sent off but the dogs ended up carving up a huge lead midway through the game. along comes the backend and the dogs crash into a heap and the knights get home. while the dogs did very well to take the game to the wire... the extra workload was a telling factor and ended up biting them in the bum.

but to be fair...thats all common sense stuff for anyone with half a brain... funny how someone has to explain it to the village idiot.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I think we did well to score 20 points with 12 men......might say a little about your defence if anything.

And there was no way we were going to be hold you down for 75 mins.

Timmah

Staff member
Melbourne would've kicked our asses with 12 men.

Sure it says alot about our defence but you can't deny our attacking skill ;-)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dodger said:
Melbourne would've kicked our asses with 12 men.

Sure it says alot about our defence but you can't deny our attacking skill ;-)

Yes. Well done on capitalising on a sh*tload of scrums 10 out with 20 minutes to go.

I'd like to see any team, let alone with 12 men hold that out.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Yep it does say a lot about SBW's attacking skill. He was brilliant.

If only we had signed him....

Timmah

Staff member
I'm just ecstatic we won a game Ian ;-) As Captain Charisma said SBW was on fire and with Mason back in R14 I'm pleased to see the team firing it's way up the ladder :)

That said... sour grapes much Ian? Credit where credit's due, the 'Dogs weren't playing poorly yesterday, they held composure for the majority of the eighty minutes, more than they've done for over a month.

And where's byrne_rovelli_fan82 cowered back to after her spirited response?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dodger said:
That said... sour grapes much Ian? Credit where credit's due, the 'Dogs weren't playing poorly yesterday, they held composure for the majority of the eighty minutes, more than they've done for over a month.

Not really. I acknowledged elsewhere i thought the Dogs were better against the Cowboys, but deserved the win nonetheless. Its hard to be gracious with wankers running around claiming our season is over when the team that won is only two points ahead of us.

TBH it was the same problems that lost the Warriors the game again. When the forwards were going forward we were f**king the Dogs up, but again they largely went missing in the second half, combined with tiredness and a lot of errors late effectively handed the Dogs the last 16 points.

Latest posts