What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R12 | Warriors 24-20 Knights @ Mt Smart | Sunday 2.00pm

Round 12 result :: Warriors vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
2015war-main.jpg

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Jonathan Wright 3. Tuimoala Lolohea 4. Solomone Kata 5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman 9. Nathan Friend 10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson 12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering

Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Sebastine Ikahihifo 16. Sam Lisone 17. Albert Vete

2015new-second.jpg

1. Dane Gagai
2. James McManus 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate
6. Kurt Gidley 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Adam Clydsdale 10. David Fa'alogo
11. Beau Scott 12. Tariq Sims
13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Tyler Randell 15. Chris Houston 16. Korbin Sims 17. Jack Stockwell
18. Joseph Tapine

2015ref-lime.png

Referees: Ben Cummins, Dave Munro
Sideline Officials: Ricky MacFarlane, Anthony Elliott
Video Referees: Matt Cecchin, Daniel Irvine

Holden Cup Under 20's R12
SUN 11:45AM AEST | Warriors v Knights @ Mt Smart Stadium (SKY NZ/FOX 501)

VB NSW Cup R12
SUN 9:45AM AEST | Warriors (WAR) v Newcastle (NEW) @ Mt Smart Stadium (SKY NZ/FOX 501)​

Joel-22

Juniors
Our backs are shit. We should not have let Darius go.

f**k off trolling merkin. At least try to be funny if you're going to troll, your posts and your username are just f**king pathetic as was darius. Give me 10 kurt gidleys before sending darius back to us. Darius is a little fairy princess androtrop merkin

Apey

Staff member
Scott was always going to get injured. He plays for us.

Zoidberg

First Grade
You know how when clubs come under fire for not performing or putting enough effort in, then they come out and play great just to prove the nay sayers wrong, yeah, I highly doubt that's going to happen with us.

I predict we will start the game well, everything will come off, passes will be crisp, defence will be solid and then something will happen and we will capitulate.

Swarzey

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20 minutes of hope followed by 60 minutes of complete and utter incompetence; most likely coming from the usual four suspects.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Scott will play but will travel on Saturday with the lower grade team to give him an extra day off. Jeremy Smith is out, Tapine will play. Carlos will likely travel to cover Gidley who is still struggling.

macavity

Referee
Gagai getting dragged 10m back into his in goal and trying to offload, leading directly to a try

mozza91

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20 minutes of hope followed by 60 minutes of complete and utter incompetence; most likely coming from the usual four suspects.

So Roberts, Gidley, Houston & ?
I know Gidley's been a whipping boy for a long time but he was good against the Tigers and one of our best in the first half last week. We had no direction whatsoever without him in the second half.

Swarzey

Bench
I know Gidley's been a whipping boy for a long time but he was good against the Tigers and one of our best in the first half last week. We had no direction whatsoever without him in the second half.

Fa'alogo.

Week in and week out all four of them are nothing but plodders who add NOTHING to the side whatsoever. The rest? Unless you're absolutely blind the other 13 put in a damn fine effort on a regular basis with some slip ups here and there. Gidley, Roberts, Houston and Fa'alogo are far, far from decent footballers who suck the life out of a very talented football side and kill any and all momentum the side builds.

That's why we look good in patches, because 13 other blokes are giving a shit are putting the effort in to turn the game in our favour. Roberts is trash. Pure f**king trash and the fact he needs to rely on Gidley is the scary thing. With Mullen, Gidley is fine, we saw that mid/late last season, but put him in the position where he needs to control and lead the side? f**k me, would rather have Walsh back. Houston and Fa'alogo offer absolutely nothing and I'd rather endure the Pat Vaivai that showed up on Monday; at least it's a new face to shit on instead of same ones we've been crying out for the boot for such a long time.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade

and old dave has forced korbin to the bench/lock and cracked 100 metres the last two weeks.

so amongst the 4 plodders we can include our second best half and second best starting prop. both of who are leaving at the end of the year. fantastic

Knightmare

Coach
I predict that "something" will be the Knights coming out of half-time leading by 6 or 10 points. They have the Warriors held just outside their own in-goal, before the Beast or Sam Tomkins makes a 90 metre run down the field and swats away 3 or 4 Knights "defenders" (I use that term loosely) and scores under the posts.

The Knights will implode from there and within 3 minutes of that converted try, the Warriors will score again , piggy-backing off a dopey penalty given away by one of our forwards. From there the Warriors tries will pile up, to the point where anybody watching will wonder how the f**k Newcastle ever had a lead in this game.

Come full-time, the usual special snowflakes on the Knights social media pages will devote gigabytes of bandwidth to posting statuses saying how 'unlucky' we were and how 'We can do it!' next weekend, followed by '#bringontheraiders# and #wegotthis#.

Meanwhile, in the white heat of the lights from the Warriors media room, Captain Kidley will sit there looking like a stunned mullet, while Stone draws from the depths of his soul (and his coaching expertise) to explain how we were unlucky to lose and how he's proud of the boys' effort nonetheless...

Me? I will be doing something far more productive with my Sunday afternoon.

perverse

Referee
I predict that "something" will be the Knights coming out of half-time leading by 6 or 10 points. They have the Warriors held just outside their own in-goal, before the Beast or Sam Tomkins makes a 90 metre run down the field and swats away 3 or 4 Knights "defenders" (I use that term loosely) and scores under the posts.

The Knights will implode from there and within 3 minutes of that converted try, the Warriors will score again , piggy-backing off a dopey penalty given away by one of our forwards. From there the Warriors tries will pile up, to the point where anybody watching will wonder how the f**k Newcastle ever had a lead in this game.

Come full-time, the usual special snowflakes on the Knights social media pages will devote gigabytes of bandwidth to posting statuses saying how 'unlucky' we were and how 'We can do it!' next weekend, followed by '#bringontheraiders# and #wegotthis#.

Meanwhile, in the white heat of the lights from the Warriors media room, Captain Kidley will sit there looking like a stunned mullet, while Stone draws from the depths of his soul (and his coaching expertise) to explain how we were unlucky to lose and how he's proud of the boys' effort nonetheless...

Me? I will be doing something far more productive with my Sunday afternoon.
Don't forget full credit to the other team. It's always full credit to the other team. We never played like dogshit, the other team just played well. Clearly we weren't expecting that or anything.

Want to know the sad thing? I'll turn up and watch it. I know I will. I can't seem to stop... it's a real problem.

Knightmare

Coach
That was me a week ago perverse- but the game against the Broncos was the straw that broke the camels' back.