What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R12 | Warriors 24-20 Knights @ Mt Smart | Sunday 2.00pm

Round 12 result :: Warriors vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am working so I will get the news via the NRL app. If we get within 20 i will be happy. I still believe the Warriors will come from nowhere and win the comp this season. If Tomkins decides to go out with a bang in the NRL they will be plain lethal.

K-Man

Bench
So in the first 5 minutes of NSW Cup:

- Mamo has shown he can't pass left to right when he tried to pass from dummy half and looked embarrassingly uncomfortable, sending the ball 20 metres backwards to nobody when we were on the attack. That's our future fullback, and he can't pass a football more than a few metres.

- Redman has thrown a forward pass to a forward from dummy half, just like first grade last week when his shocker started the rot. So he's clearly not learned his lesson at all, and there's no way he would have thrown that pass if the coaching staff had been into him all week about attention to detail. It's the coaching side that worries me more.

-

K-Man

Bench
And Redman's error led to a Warriors try. I would tell him he'll be considered a potential first grade dummy half again when he can play 5 games in a row without throwing a pathetic forward pass. Until then, you're not the kind of player we need.

TooheysNew

Coach
So in the first 5 minutes of NSW Cup:

- Mamo has shown he can't pass left to right when he tried to pass from dummy half and looked embarrassingly uncomfortable, sending the ball 20 metres backwards to nobody when we were on the attack. That's our future fullback, and he can't pass a football more than a few metres.

- Redman has thrown a forward pass to a forward from dummy half, just like first grade last week when his shocker started the rot. So he's clearly not learned his lesson at all, and there's no way he would have thrown that pass if the coaching staff had been into him all week about attention to detail. It's the coaching side that worries me more.

-
Rubbish. Players make mistakes on the field, not coaching staff.

Noname36

First Grade
Rubbish. Players make mistakes on the field, not coaching staff.

This. A lot can be blamed on coaching but Jesus, a lot of blame also needs to go to the players for playing shit. If a hooker needs a coach to get up him for throwing forward passes from dummy half then that doesn't say much for the player.

Toohey article today pretty much suggests Rick has rolled the dice with the juniors and needs to expose them to first grade so next season he can have them at his disposal with both experience and a proper off season on his side. Some suggestion that Nathan Brown has been linked to the job according to David Riccio today.

Stone can only expect the kids to make errors and learn from it. I am also thinking he might be using them to motivate the senior players to pull their thumbs out. Sadly injury has meant dropping players is not really an option right now. a win today might help.

Last edited:

Whats Doing

Bench
Nathan Brown would be a good pick up. We need to get rid of the boys club mentality if we are ever going to succeed

Knightmare

Coach
Browny would be a great recruitment as head coach, but there also need to be replacements at board level before this ship has any chance of being turned around...

Whats Doing

Bench
Mamo was a bit of a turnstyle in defence today. He needs to learn defensive positioning from the fullback position before considering moving up to NRL