What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R13 FNF - Souths v Penrith *SPOILERS*

ozzie

Bench
Penance said:
Imagine Roosters and Cowboys..
yep bit like Souths crowd count the real crowd =1 add a factor of 5 then multiply the answer by 1,000. Five thousand my arse

Penance

Juniors
ozzie said:
yep bit like Souths crowd count the real crowd =1 add a factor of 5 then multiply the answer by 1,000. Five thousand my arse
lol. Im over it. Crowds a Crowd. Its absolutely pouring, and dare i say, dangerous out there...

Lime_Green

Juniors
Elliott is a terrible wet weather coach, and never seems to prepare teams well when they are actually expected to win.

He feeds off the underdog thing...

Seriously, I'm not having a go. It's such an amazing pattern. If you're a gambler bet on the Panthers when they are playing top 8 sides, back against them when they're not.

Big Mick

Referee
A few guys I wanna give a rap to from Souths...

Jeremy Smith...his kicking game last night was extraordinary. He really lifted his team as a result...very smart kicking...forcing penrith to take the ball out of the in goal but enough to push them into it and keep play going forcing the line drop out...must have been about 5-6 line dropouts last night off the back of his kicking.

Jason Taylor - What a coaching display....tactically beautiful. Well done Jason.

Issac Luke...This is a great kid...a great young man to talk to also. I'm so pleased he has hit first grade every since i met him last year at the Flegg game I have been one of his biggest fans and I think he has a massive future in the game.

Souths Forwards - Really ground out the victory for them. They all stepped up in defence...they had that real pack mentality last night that Penrith just couldn't keep up with unfortunately. In these games its defence, desperation and ticker that wins the day...Souths showed plenty for 80 minutes, Penrith showed about 15...hence the result.

Paul Simpkins - Was awesome for Souths last night. Everytime Penrith was edging towards a bit of momentum...he really stepped up his game and make the right call for Souths. He was my Man of the Match...really stuck it to the Panthers all 80 minutes and was Souths best player.

For Penrith...
Luke Lewis as the commentators were saying last night has been extraordinary this year. He did a lot of hard work last night...great reads in defence..was just all class in a sh*te team last night.

Mick Jennings and Tim Grant - Showed why you are future stars of the game. You both were so enthusiastic all night and really stepped up. Shame you couldn't hold onto the ball when the game was in the balance Jenno...but I can't fault you...you are a champion in the making although u'll probably be playing for someone else because Penrith management is stupid.

Congrats to Souths...you were the better team last night...deserved the win...I just hoped that the referee wasn't such a toss.

mightypanther

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
5,000..LMAO did they count Rusty 5000 times...mind you I got to give a round of applause for all the souths fans that went.

What about all the Penrith fans who were there?

Don't we count for sh*t?

We were sitting in the same sh*t conditions.

mightypanther

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
I have given up tipping Penrith...they are all over the shop and it must be bloody frustrating supporting them.

It sure as hell is........but we are gluttons for punishment..:roll: :)

kooriguy

Juniors
i am actually not disapointed in the panthers from that result.. the conditions were atrocious and it was allways going to be a throw of the dice game no matter what 2 teams played.

kooriguy

Juniors
some wraps i would like to give though are for my cuzin dean, had one of his better performances tonight and is turning into a real world class lock, also peach made things look easy at the back apart from a few little mistakes resulting from the poor weather, and for penrith lewis was a standout for me great defense and showed alot of ticker, also tony puletua stood tall and is regaining some form, thought he was the best forward on the field last night, a real captains knock.

one thing i did notice though and have noticed in recent weeks is there seems to be some tension between priddis and gower when it comes to making decisions on the field, i could see priddis getting frustrated as almost everything he wants to do is overided by gower, could be nothing. one example of this was when gower signaled 2 to lock it up at 4 all and priddis wanted to take the tap, priddis shook his head at gower and his body language sugested he was frustrated.

mightypanther

Juniors
kooriguy said:
one thing i did notice though and have noticed in recent weeks is there seems to be some tension between priddis and gower when it comes to making decisions on the field, i could see priddis getting frustrated as almost everything he wants to do is overided by gower, could be nothing. one example of this was when gower signaled 2 to lock it up at 4 all and priddis wanted to take the tap, priddis shook his head at gower and his body language sugested he was frustrated.

I don't think there is any problem between Priddo and Gower.

Priddo has always wanted to take the tap and go for a try.

He has never liked going for goals. He has always had that same expression on his face every time the team goes for a goal instead of a try.

That's just Priddo being Priddo

Jono078

Referee
Big Mick © said:

Jeremy Smith...his kicking game last night was extraordinary. He really lifted his team as a result...very smart kicking...forcing penrith to take the ball out of the in goal but enough to push them into it and keep play going forcing the line drop out...must have been about 5-6 line dropouts last night off the back of his kicking.

Jason Taylor - What a coaching display....tactically beautiful. Well done Jason.

Issac Luke...This is a great kid...a great young man to talk to also. I'm so pleased he has hit first grade every since i met him last year at the Flegg game I have been one of his biggest fans and I think he has a massive future in the game.

Souths Forwards - Really ground out the victory for them. They all stepped up in defence...they had that real pack mentality last night that Penrith just couldn't keep up with unfortunately. In these games its defence, desperation and ticker that wins the day...Souths showed plenty for 80 minutes, Penrith showed about 15...hence the result.

Paul Simpkins - Was awesome for Souths last night. Everytime Penrith was edging towards a bit of momentum...he really stepped up his game and make the right call for Souths. He was my Man of the Match...really stuck it to the Panthers all 80 minutes and was Souths best player.

For Penrith...
Luke Lewis as the commentators were saying last night has been extraordinary this year. He did a lot of hard work last night...great reads in defence..was just all class in a sh*te team last night.

Mick Jennings and Tim Grant - Showed why you are future stars of the game. You both were so enthusiastic all night and really stepped up. Shame you couldn't hold onto the ball when the game was in the balance Jenno...but I can't fault you...you are a champion in the making although u'll probably be playing for someone else because Penrith management is stupid.

Congrats to Souths...you were the better team last night...deserved the win...I just hoped that the referee wasn't such a toss.

You could probably add another to that list, ex-panther Ben Rogers. I thought he was close to MOTM. Was good, especially for someone who really isnt a 5/8th.

Munky

Coach
Rogers is one of the most talented ball playing forwards you will ever see.

He did some freakish things in PL for Penrith a couple of years ago and that flick pass that was dropped was pure class.

If he gets his game together and gets to play at lock in a team with good halves he will be an awesome player.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
I thought Souths played a very smart game last night. I was always going to tip them in the weather from last night. Not one Penrith forward made over 100mts yet 4 Souths forwards made over 100mts. Souths also did alot of running out of dummy half to good effect. It just seems to me that Souths wanted the win more.

I was at the game last night and most people were at the back and couldn't be seen on TV. Shane Richardson and Willie Peters were taking people to other areas of te ground to get them out of the rain to be able to watch the game in some sort of comfort. I don't know if there was over 5000 people there, but there was definately more than the 1000-2000 people are suggesting.

lockyno1

Post Whore
mightypanther said:
What about all the Penrith fans who were there?

Don't we count for sh*t?

We were sitting in the same sh*t conditions.

Of course you do, there was more souths fans though..well thats what it looked like!

Dave Q

Coach
Big Mick © said:

For Penrith...

wd

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith held tryless for the second time in 2007. But what happened to the attack of last week?

They still have a slim chance of the 8 if they can win the next few games but I've given up building my hopes up when they lose to every non top 8 side they seem to play yet beat the cowboys and manly.

innsaneink

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
Penrith held tryless for the second time in 2007. But what happened to the attack of last week?

They still have a slim chance of the 8 if they can win the next few games but I've given up building my hopes up when they lose to every non top 8 side they seem to play yet beat the cowboys and manly.

:lol:
The attack of last week and conditions like last night do not, never, ever meet.

Latest posts