What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R14 MNF - Knights v Raiders *SPOILERS*

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Alex28 said:
The ref was shocking but to say it came down to one or two decisions is laughable. If we were in front by 4 with 10 to go Buderus and Simpson wouldn't have come off and your last 2 tries wouldn't have happened. A 4 point win to the Knights flatters the Raiders.

Yes it did. If the tongue try was allowed than the momentum is in Canberras favour. The play the ball was fine, we see plenty like that week in week out all let go. And Mcdougalls second try was a meter forward. It changes the game dramtically. And somehow i dont think having Buderus on the field would of stopped the trys. He cant be everywhere and especially on the wing.

Ok the ref made shocking decisions but isnt this the same d*ckhead that reffed the SOO and didnt blow the whistle for 50 minutes. It must be his twin because he didnt ref the same way . Tossa.

Apey

Staff member
bileduct said:
Now why's it so funny charlie?

Is it because at worst Tongue's try was a 50/50 call which should have been given benefit of the doubt? Or that there were two forward passes thrown (against the wind, mind you) in the leadup to McDougall's second half try? Or more points scored on the back of a dodgy decision where Milne was ruled to have played the ball incorrectly despite the fact a Knights player was straddled across his head?

The Raiders played like sh*t yet were only beaten by the referee at the end of the day. Just like the old days of Andrew Johns, you're a Buderus injury away from folding like a house of cards.

All wrong.

The fact that you're blaming the ref for a sh*t performance is what's funny :lol:

I am happy to hear people admitting the Raiders played sh*t and that's why they lost, but in the end to blame the loss on the ref is ridiculous.

Still, respect to the opposition.. Good game to watch Canberra.

I just hope that out F/A won't come into it come finals time :(

Whats Doing

Bench
I'll make it clear I am a knights supporter. Gee I was impressed by Neil Henry's after match interview. Canberra, you need to sign him long term, he was impressive.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Whats Doing said:
I'll make it clear I am a knights supporter. Gee I was impressed by Neil Henry's after match interview. Canberra, you need to sign him long term, he was impressive.

Yeah I thought he gave a good insight into the game. Like some coaches he didn't sulk, whinge or try to make a joke out of everything (Elliott).

Whats Doing

Bench
Mal Meninga said:
Goodwin isn't up to it. Maybe Graham should move back out to the wing?

From from what I have seen of Goodwin over the last couple of weeks, raiders would be better off playing with only 12 men or bring up a jersey flegg player. I coached him early on his career and he lives on his fathers name - better believe it!!

keeney

First Grade
God next year will be good with some decent props and a good backline. We were breaking the Raiders apart at will in the middle of the second half, yet still can't score enough to break our 6 point winning margin record.

Not to mention our f**king capitulation at the end of games.

Alex28

Coach
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
And somehow i dont think having Buderus on the field would of stopped the trys. He cant be everywhere and especially on the wing.
Number of points conceded with Buderus on the field - 6 in 70 minutes
Number of points conceded with Buderus off the field - 12 in 10 minutes

Do people just not understand how important the guy is in defence? We wouldn't have physically made the tackles, but he would have had us better organised and they most likely wouldn't have happened.

You do know there is more to defence than just making the tackle right?

bileduct

Coach
Apey said:
All wrong.

The fact that you're blaming the ref for a sh*t performance is what's funny :lol:

I am happy to hear people admitting the Raiders played sh*t and that's why they lost, but in the end to blame the loss on the ref is ridiculous.

I didn't say that the Raiders weren't sh*t, you illiterate fool.

Are you seriously suggesting that the refereeing performance made absolutely no impact on this game?

Now that's f**king champagne comedy right there, mate.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
See I am a Broncos fan so take an outside view Apey. If the Knights would of been on the end of some of these poor decisions it would be you Bitching. So instead of being a smart ass and showing ladder positions, be a realist. The Ref had a shocker and yes it gave Newcastle 8 points AND ROBBED Canberra of 6. Like it or not but that end score, had the Ref been fair and ruled properly means you beloved Knights lose the match.
So dont be so cocky, because as i said had it been the other way round, this thread would be the other way around.

Either the officials thought " Let Bedsy have a happy 200th and win" or refed with their eyes shut. Because it was a pathetic attempt at officiating, and really makes the game seem poor and something from the iceage. Other sports like soccer fans are dying to have a video replay on calls, but why when no matter what, it all depends on who the guy in the box is rooting for anyway! It really leaves a sour taste and makes the best sport in the world look amatuer!

Oh and i do not believe Bedsy made the difference. He was only off for like 5 minutes max! The Raiders just started throwing the ball around and taking chances and it worked.

Bicey_18

Bench
All i have read from most Raiders fans is whinging posts..... give credit were credit is due, we were the better side and were lucky not to have been beaten by more. Tongue's no try was correct, didnt ground it. Yeah, Doogs's 2nd was a no try but really to say the ref cost you the game???? Quite pathetic

innsaneink

Referee
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
See I am a Broncos fan so take an outside view Apey. If the Knights would of been on the end of some of these poor decisions it would be you Bitching. So instead of being a smart ass and showing ladder positions, be a realist. The Ref had a shocker and yes it gave Newcastle 8 points AND ROBBED Canberra of 6. Like it or not but that end score, had the Ref been fair and ruled properly means you beloved Knights lose the match.
So dont be so cocky, because as i said had it been the other way round, this thread would be the other way around.

Either the officials thought " Let Bedsy have a happy 200th and win" or refed with their eyes shut. Because it was a pathetic attempt at officiating, and really makes the game seem poor and something from the iceage. Other sports like soccer fans are dying to have a video replay on calls, but why when no matter what, it all depends on who the guy in the box is rooting for anyway! It really leaves a sour taste and makes the best sport in the world look amatuer!

LOL...an "outside view"

when no matter what, it all depends on who the guy in the box is rooting for anyway!

Get over youself you jerk.

Apey

Staff member
bileduct said:
I didn't say that the Raiders weren't sh*t, you illiterate fool.

Are you seriously suggesting that the refereeing performance made absolutely no impact on this game?

Now that's f**king champagne comedy right there, mate.

Hypocrite. I said blaming the loss, I can agree that it had an impact, but we still would have won ;-) :lol:

Find me where I said you didn't say Raiders were sh*t too btw. I said I hate it when people do that, wasn't implying you did :p I even said I was happy to hear you say it.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
lol. get over myself. Gee never knew this forum was filled with 12 year olds. Did you watch the game??? Can you tell me that Tonuges try was a no try? Benefit of the doubt at the least. But no it was a flat out no try. How? The ball was flat and his wrist was on it with pressure. Thats a try yes? Well than what the f**k did the merkin upstairs rule it was? As i said he did it with his eyes shut or they are simply rooting for a team. Pathetic. And is just like game 3 SOO last year.

Apey

Staff member
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:

Oh and i do not believe Bedsy made the difference. He was only off for like 5 minutes max! The Raiders just started throwing the ball around and taking chances and it worked.

You just sound like you tipped the Raiders to me :D

Actually, if the Knights had been on the end of bad decisions, I would have complained once then shut up. I wouldn't consistently drag it out as if it was going to change something. Despite what people think, I believe the first call was correct, and the Doogs one was definitely questionable.

Also, read some of the other posts. There's more to defence than just the tackles you make.

Y2Eel

First Grade
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
lol. get over myself. Gee never knew this forum was filled with 12 year olds. Did you watch the game??? Can you tell me that Tonuges try was a no try? Benefit of the doubt at the least. But no it was a flat out no try. How? The ball was flat and his wrist was on it with pressure. Thats a try yes? Well than what the f**k did the merkin upstairs rule it was? As i said he did it with his eyes shut or they are simply rooting for a team. Pathetic. And is just like game 3 SOO last year.

Ive seen plenty well not plenty 4 tries not given like tonguies tonight.. pressure must be on top of the ball or some crap like that...

you just have sour grapes for some reason...

Its good to know that most of the knights fans here are graceful in success, where as the likes of bicey and apey feel the need to be clowns.

There were sh*t decisions all over that game going both ways, it just so happens that a few of yours happened at our end of the field, thats it, game over, good night, lol

Apey

Staff member
I said good game to Canberra, but it was completely ignored because I decided to be a little supportive of my team and argue some points about people trying to devalue our win.

A win is a win, I really couldn't care less so I don't know why am I still going :D