What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R14 MNF - Knights v Raiders *SPOILERS*

Mal Meninga

Bench
Knights were the slighly better side and were too good for us. It was a tight game where one or two crucial decisions by both Hayne and Bronx Goodwin turned the game upside down.

Patterson is a monster, if NSW want a bolter off the bench than he should have a shot. That guy is massive and had his arms free plenty.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Alex28 said:
If Buderus and Simpson stay on the field the Knights win by plenty and the Raiders still don't deserve to win tonight.

Try looking at how bad your team was in the second half rather than blaming the ref...
The ref was sh*thouse champ don't kid yourself.

Apey

Staff member
Man it is really funny watching people fume over the ref from the other side. The no try was a correct call however Doogs' try was questionable. I do have a question though, what the f**k do touchies do? Evidently nothing. There were plenty of forward passes in the game (Yes, some from you too Raiders *shock horror*!) and they didn't pick up any.

Overall I'm decently happy with the game, but that last 15 minutes was f**king ridiculous. Five more minutes and we would have bloody lost it. Big issues there.

Oh well, 2 points :D

Happy to be one of the ones who went!

Apey said:
Man it is really funny watching people fume over the ref from the other side. The no try was a correct call however Doogs' try was questionable. I do have a question though, what the f**k do touchies do? Evidently nothing. There were plenty of forward passes in the game (Yes, some from you too Raiders *shock horror*!) and they didn't pick up any.

Overall I'm decently happy with the game, but that last 15 minutes was f**king ridiculous. Five more minutes and we would have bloody lost it. Big issues there.

Oh well, 2 points :D

Happy to be one of the ones who went!

If im not mistaken benefit of the doubt is supposed to go to the attacking team, tongue got his hand on the ball and certainly didnt knock it on, so if it wasnt grounded, and went backwards as was said earlier in this thread would it not have been a try anyway?

Jono078

Referee
A win is a win.

But im fairly dissapointed.

If there was ever a game we could fix our F/A it was this one.

Regardless of the tongue no try, you take away what was at least one blatant forward pass for macdougalls second try, and the apparent penalty for not getting to the feet to play the ball (penalty goal, although I dont know how he could have done better with that greaseball young sitting on his head) and the scoreline ends differently.....but what can you do?

In saying that, I dont want to turn this thread into a bitchfest with my whinging, the knights took advantage of the decisions that went their way and played some reasonable footy while doing so, congrats on the win.

Alex28

Coach
Mal Meninga said:
The ref was sh*thouse champ don't kid yourself.
The ref was shocking but to say it came down to one or two decisions is laughable. If we were in front by 4 with 10 to go Buderus and Simpson wouldn't have come off and your last 2 tries wouldn't have happened. A 4 point win to the Knights flatters the Raiders.

Johns Magic

Referee
Funny that none of you whinging Raiders fans managed to mention the incorrect call by Hayne of a Knights' drop-out after Goodwin clearly knocked it on.

You know, the line drop-out that the Raiders scored off.

Why would we? It wasnt a decision that turned the tide of the game, it was already over by that stage......but we wont mention the short 10 metres and the lying on and going to sleep by the knights players in the ruck will we, lol.

Really, the games over, and no amount of bitching from us will change any of it.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
How can anybody be happy with the refs performance? That was disgraceful!!! If i was Neil Henry i would of got in a lot of trouble, and he handled himself well. Mcfougalls second try WAS a meter forward with the touch judge about 2 meters away!!! Are these blokes blind, or do they have money on the match? Tongues try was 100% try. The ball was on the ground and all he needed was his torso to ground the ball which he did with his wrist! Its disgraceful the way our ref constantly f**k up our games. And the worst part is the video ref. Is this guy blind!?!?

However Newcastle did play better, but the officials lost that game for Canberra. Had they have had eyes, Tongues try was a try and we go from there with the momentum with Canberra. sh*t game in Origin, sh*t tonight. pathetic. We must have the worst officials in any sport, and its so frustrating. Especially after watching the Wallabies match the other night. The ref sh*ts all over our officials. Something needs to be done.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Alex28 said:
The ref was shocking but to say it came down to one or two decisions is laughable. If we were in front by 4 with 10 to go Buderus and Simpson wouldn't have come off and your last 2 tries wouldn't have happened. A 4 point win to the Knights flatters the Raiders.
Look above - I already said the Knights were good. It just burns to see have Hayne make such dreadful decisions like Milne's play the ball than to see you guys score a penalty goal than a try off the next set.

8 points was massive in the context of this game...

Maybe he tried to even it up for the Tongue no-try.

Oh well he closed his eyes when Patterson passed it forward for Doogs 2nd.

Whats Doing

Bench
I have seen Goodwin in the last couple of matches and to be honest he has no idea as a winger. Side Show Bob toyed with him last week and Goodwin was absolutely atrocious and Doogs showed no mercy. He really is living on his fathers name. Raiders need to pick -players on form, not on name.

Jono078

Referee
TBH, I thought Raiders last try should have been disallowed, I think it was Tilse with a shocking play the ball just before that try.

Evergreen

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Funny that none of you whinging Raiders fans managed to mention the incorrect call by Hayne of a Knights' drop-out after Goodwin clearly knocked it on.

I call your drop-out and raise you one Knights drop-out that should have been awarded to the Raiders when Gidley knocked the ball on prior to Tongue's 'No try'.

I thought the teams were quite evenly matched, with Buderus and the referee the difference.

Mate he was in good form....but at present there is really nobody else to choose from unless we want to breach the second tier salary cap

Jono078 said:
TBH, I thought Raiders last try should have been disallowed, I think it was Tilse with a shocking play the ball just before that try.

Im sitting there watching that and im like "You f**king idiot Tilse" and then bam, im like wtf, we scored........

There were contentious decisions both ways tonight, its a pity they had to play a part in what would have been a good game without them.

bileduct

Coach
Apey said:
Man it is really funny watching people fume over the ref from the other side.

Now why's it so funny charlie?

Is it because at worst Tongue's try was a 50/50 call which should have been given benefit of the doubt? Or that there were two forward passes thrown (against the wind, mind you) in the leadup to McDougall's second half try? Or more points scored on the back of a dodgy decision where Milne was ruled to have played the ball incorrectly despite the fact a Knights player was straddled across his head?

The Raiders played like sh*t yet were only beaten by the referee at the end of the day. Just like the old days of Andrew Johns, you're a Buderus injury away from folding like a house of cards.

roopy

Referee
our centres are still sh*t.
a couple of decent centres and we would have scored 40 or 50 tonight.