What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R15 FNF - Warriors v Panthers *SPOILERS*

mxlegend99

Referee
panthersballboy said:
Sounds like it'll be a bit wet over there and Penrith's record in the wet lately is terrible.
Our record is terrible altogether. But 3 games in a row, we get stuck playing in attrocious weather. It's frustrating to say the least. We're a terrible wet weather team.

JJ

Immortal
Sad, but I reckon Shihad and Pluto will put on a better show than the Warriors and Panthers... Kinda like you get a cheap concert ticket with a game of league as the curtain raiser :lol:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Dodger said:
LATE MAIL

New Panther Richie Williams has been culled to PL.
Warriors appear to be as per program although that's to be confirmed.

Apparently Williams will play fullback in PL, which will cause a re-schuffle. Firman,Trindall,Wallace and Williams, we are trying to fit 4 halves into 2 spots in PL.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Panther_Daz said:
Apparently Williams will play fullback in PL, which will cause a re-schuffle.

Damn, now i need to get there even earlier to tell him that Anasta is better than he is

t-ba

Post Whore
JJ said:
Sad, but I reckon Shihad and Pluto will put on a better show than the Warriors and Panthers... Kinda like you get a cheap concert ticket with a game of league as the curtain raiser :lol:

I love Shihad, but I wish Toogood would cut down his showboating. I don't need anymore f*cking encouragement!

Even if the weather's sh*t, you are some lucky bastards in Auckland getting to watch some RL and then Shihad. I'm intensely jealous.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
mmmm I've already done all my tips and took the Panthers but if the weather is as bad as the kiwi connection says... I'd be crazy to pick them... but still crazy things do happen and the Warriors aren't a mistake free team like the Bunnies are - and that was the only reason i took Souths a few weeks back in the wet against Penrith.

Panthers with absolutely no confidence outside of I'm picking upsets deluxe this week after going 4 from 8 with all the favourites last week.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Just getting ready to go.

It hasn't rained in a few hours but is very windy and cold. I'd expect showers during the game.

Brrrrrrrrrr

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Panther_Daz said:
The Warriors forwards are big, and some of them struggle to move laterally in the defensive line.

Wayne Pearce??

Panthers forwards look bigger than the Warriors forwards for mine

pantherz9103

First Grade
Who will win this one if its close? since both sides have been more 'successful' at finding ways to lose than win in tight games?

I tipped Panthers but not with confidence. 7 wins from our last 8 against the Warriors but those were often with Preston Campbell reaking havoc with the Warriors slow moving defenders. Warriors defence is solid at the moment so I hope someone else can run them around.

Iafeta

Referee
Panther_Daz said:
I think Daniela and Peters being on the bench is a good tactic.

The Warriors forwards are big, and some of them struggle to move laterally in the defensive line. Peters IMO is the best hooker at the club, watch for him to get out from dummy half alot and create oppurtunities with his footwork and skill.

Late in the game expect to see Lewis or Jennings shift to 5/8,Blair to lock and Daniela into the centres.

The Warriors pack is on average actually one of the smaller one's in the competition.

But I guess they were in 1997 so you keep to that story sunshine.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I dont know the exact weights of the Warriors forwards, but you guys are probably right, its one of the lighter packs the Warriors have had. I made that observation purely based on the success Wesser and Presto have had up the middle of the ruck against the Warriors in the past. Something i believe Aiton and Peters in particular might be able to exploit also.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Warriors haven't had a "huge" pack in years. Why don't people just say what they mean- the Warriors are (a) based in New Zealand, (b) have brown fullas in the team, so it's fair to assume their defence will be lazy.

t-ba

Post Whore
Thierry Henry said:
Warriors haven't had a "huge" pack in years. Why don't people just say what they mean- the Warriors are (a) based in New Zealand, (b) have brown fullas in the team, so it's fair to assume their defence will be lazy.

You forgot to mention that all of the Warriors drink Kava and act like Jake the Muss in their private time.

Iafeta

Referee
Panther_Daz said:
I dont know the exact weights of the Warriors forwards, but you guys are probably right, its one of the lighter packs the Warriors have had. I made that observation purely based on the success Wesser and Presto have had up the middle of the ruck against the Warriors in the past. Something i believe Aiton and Peters in particular might be able to exploit also.

I actually think Wesser and Campbell pushed more through on the edges of the ruck against smaller defenders a lot of the time. Campbell was strong combined with good footwork, and it was often broken field runs that the backs had trouble defending against him. Not so much up the guts from my memories.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Panther_Daz said:

That really comes down to lazy marker defense and sometimes misreads from individuals. Not really related to the sixe of the forward pack I think

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
:lol:

yeah. But on the plus side, we get 37,000 mentions in the "player you wouldn't want to pick a fight with" threads, often for players who don't deserve the accolade at all, and despite having a very mediocre forward pack.

mxlegend99

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
Funny thing is, Panthers have more brown fellas then you guys.

And our pack is bigger. But Peters and Daniela are tiny. This means that our forwards are going to have to play longer.

Latest posts