What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R15 | Knights 28-30 Sharks @ Hunter | Sunday 2.00pm

Round 15 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Them

• Draw after golden point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joker's Wild

Coach
I sit down in the corner where the team warms up and this week Beau Scott was actively talking to the backs, setting defensive structures and trying to develop some defensive reading skills as a group.

He was also actively standing out with the backs in much of the first half in defence and it was having a positive effect...and not because of him doing their work but by talking and controlling the defensive pattern.

It was very noticeable that things fell apart when he went off the field - on that basis I am at least appreciative that there is some effort to improve our defence and teach these young blokes how to read and talk defence. I would expect if this is a role Beau has taken on that this would have been fair cause for Beau to confront BJ and call him out.

Just on the standing on the touch line during the play the ball, I have heard it from a referee (albeit a long time ago) that a dummy half having his foot in touch during the play the ball didn't constitute being out? it was one of those peculiarities of the rules that wasn't well known...maybe it has been changed but I'd be interested to hear from anybody with refereeing experience to confirm if this was/is the case? Regardless, it shouldn't have happened so not looking to excuse it.

and Showstopper has hit the nail on the head with wrapping the ball up...we would have to have the worst record for allowing 2nd and 3rd phase play of any team in the competition?!

No, the dummy half has always had to stay within the field of play. The player playing the ball can step out though

Was this way back in the late 80s and 90s when i was playing

Still Nutty

Juniors
↓↓↓↓Thanks...I knew there was something....and mine was experience in the 60's, 70's and 80's:eek:

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
2nd home game of the year I decided I just CBF'd with. Pity it didn't turn out like the first (Tigers). Really losing the care factor for the first time in well, pretty much ever.