What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R15 | Knights 28-30 Sharks @ Hunter | Sunday 2.00pm

Round 15 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Us

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Them

• Draw after golden point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zoidberg

First Grade
So I was driving home from work when the 2nd half was starting listening to updates...22-12 good stuff guys...(5 mins later) 24-22 what the f**k...(another 5 mins later) 30-22 WHAT THE ACTUAL f**k!

Got home to see the last 20 mins where we offered nothing to get my hopes up that we'd win.

I'm headed to the game against Broncs next Friday with a few mates, 1 other Knight and a few Broncos. I was thinking I might finish off my alcoholic drink for every try scored against us. Not sure I'd be able to afford that even if drinks were $1 each based on our defence. Maybe I could sneak in a flask and take a swig instead... hmm, maybe a 2litre coke bottle worth will be enough

Nuffy

Bench
So utterly predictable, usual suspects making the same mistakes.

To be fair the club has achieved something this year, they have managed to make me benign after a loss, I'm writing without so much as a single rant forming.

Good news in all this is that we have the same albeit slightly weaker roster for 2015, the same structure, coaches etc so we can really groove this type of performance.

I look forward to Stones positive press conference and a series of articles in the a Herald this week telling us how good we are going and how we've never had it so good.

Burns

First Grade
An aside, we lost all 3 grades today. Good thing we have those local players coming through.

Zoidberg

First Grade
So utterly predictable, usual suspects making the same mistakes.

To be fair the club has achieved something this year, they have managed to make me benign after a loss, I'm writing without so much as a single rant forming.

Good news in all this is that we have the same albeit slightly weaker roster for 2015, the same structure, coaches etc so we can really groove this type of performance.

I look forward to Stones positive press conference and a series of articles in the a Herald this week telling us how good we are going and how we've never had it so good.

Same boat. I just don't give a stuff anymore. I'm still interested in other games and I'll watch ours but take little to no interest in it. People know not to talk to me about them anymore because all I respond with is "they're f**king shit".

macavity

Referee
We tried hard hey.

Thats whats so sad. I think we really did.

Effort hasn't been there in the past 12 weeks, but it was today.

We are just a terribly unfit, ill-disciplined and mentally weak team. Effort (for 50 minutes at least) can't paper over that.

Swarzey

Bench
If Sione ends up being half as valuable to us as Mullen is I'll be ecstatic.

So would I :p

Sione will be fine. Centre is the hardest position to adjust to and it's going to take a bit of time. We can go on about how much we're paying but we'd be f**king losing our shit if we didn't resign him. We can't have it both ways.

Noname36

First Grade
So would I :p

Sione will be fine. Centre is the hardest position to adjust to and it's going to take a bit of time. We can go on about how much we're paying but we'd be f**king losing our shit if we didn't resign him. We can't have it both ways.

Weirdly, as I said at the time, I wouldn't have cared too much if Sione didn't re-sign. Now that he has though I have no issue with him. If he were the only one out there that wasn't doing his job in defence I'd probably be more critical...but he's got a lot of friends in that regard - most that can't use being 18 and being shafted around from position to position as an excuse.

I'm confident he'll get there. He's got the maturity to know what needs to be done. I don't have the same hope for a lot of them though sadly.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
If we had let him and his NSW cup playing bros leave we would have money for a half.

I'd say gids had most try assists in the side this year. And he's leaving.
Sione going to do sfa outside Roberts.

Noname36

First Grade
If we had let him and his NSW cup playing bros leave we would have money for a half.

I'd say gids had most try assists in the side this year. And he's leaving.
Sione going to do sfa outside Roberts.

Come on now, we all know we wouldn't sign a half anyway. We not signing a half has nothing to do with money. It's because Stone is an idiot who still thinks Roberts can do the job.

Swarzey

Bench
Alright, so say we have the money from the Mata'utia brothers and they're going to the Bulldogs, who comes in? Chances are someone mediocre, someone who has zero potential, just enough to be a basic first grader.

We've shown loyalty to Sione and his brothers. He's a mature kid, he'll repay that next time and chances are he's going to have plenty more thrown at him.

Nuffy

Bench
Alright, so say we have the money from the Mata'utia brothers and they're going to the Bulldogs, who comes in? Chances are someone mediocre, someone who has zero potential, just enough to be a basic first grader.

We've shown loyalty to Sione and his brothers. He's a mature kid, he'll repay that next time and chances are he's going to have plenty more thrown at him.

He'll do what his manager tells him to do, anyway I reckon we outbid the Dogs anyway so it was real easy.

The club would have paid massive overs because they didn't want the bad press.

Noname36

First Grade
^ Thing is, Sione is never going to reach his potential while we can't utilise our backline (aka our only strength) effectively. They were so frustrating to watch today, no organisation or plan, players running the wrong lines, hitting the wrong players, etc. A lot of that comes down to shit coaching but a lot also comes down to stupid players who can't read what is in front of them. Why stone doesn't think we need to buy a new half I'll never know...it would make his job so much easier. He's pretty much signing his own unemployment letter by thinking that Roberts, Randall, Tui, etc are going to get the job done. There's a reason halves command the big dollars. They really do make the world of difference.

Last edited:

slotmachine

First Grade
A half who knows what they're doing or the matautias. Easy choice. Outside backs are a dime a dozen but we pay $2m for our starting four.

But you're right, the decision is actually horribly overpriced shit half, or the matautias.

Noname36

First Grade
The point is that even if we let the Mata'utias walk we still wouldn't sign a half. Stone is delusional and thinks Roberts is the answer. It's not about money.

Sione should never have been given that test jumper. Totallly unnecessary and I do not care how bad the injury crisis was. Sione was picked cos they wanted to re write history. Youngest test player ever. Big f###ing deal. when Freddy was 18 the game was very very different. He is a boy. Not a man. He is a superstar in the making. I have no doubt about that whatsoever.

Last edited:
It was more of the same from stone in the presser.

Basically said we did a lot of good things, have a lot of injuries but was disappointed with the mental lapses in the second half.

Kurt gidley was absolutely gutted, was borderline in tears. Was very ashamed of the performance and extremely gutted for the fans.

Latest posts