What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R17 FNF - Tigers v Panthers *SPOILERS*

Rovelli

Bench
I can remember each one of Penrith's four wins this season, so vivid:
- smashed the Dogs
- Wallace's FG at Lang Park
- gusty win in FNQ
- win over Manly

Cheer up, Penrith fans. Us boys from Penrose (Auckland) have had our share of disaster seasons too.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I want something to cheer about. I wish I could be proud of my team but I dare not wear any panther paraphanalia in public or risk a barrel of laughs at my expense. I am ashamed of the performances in '07 and how a team can continue to sink to new lows and new embarassments. Life's too short to waste it by caring about how a bunch of losers go each week.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I was cheering at half time cause I thought Penrith were going to win which would've meant a bigger break between Parra and 5th spot but then in the 2nd half I remembered it was Penrith and they find new ways of losing each week.

There have to be some serious questions asked at the foot of the mountains after this season, maybe Elliott will be the first coach sacked.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Fair dinkum if you were Penrith supporter you'd deadset be questioning why you bother put up this crap nearly EVERY week.

Oh wait, :x

If I had a dollar for every field-goal kicked by Robbie Farah this season, I'd be at Ashfield RSL devouring the $1 lunch for the next.... 3 days.

TITAN1

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
I want something to cheer about. I wish I could be proud of my team but I dare not wear any panther paraphanalia in public or risk a barrel of laughs at my expense. I am ashamed of the performances in '07 and how a team can continue to sink to new lows and new embarassments. Life's too short to waste it by caring about how a bunch of losers go each week.

Are you really Peter Wallace..or Joel Clinton?;-)

mxlegend99

Referee
Richie Williams turned out to be an awesome signing atleast.

As long as we keep him at fullback.

TITAN1

Juniors
Yeah,he dropped a bomb to gift a try to lawrence and knocked on in goal..if thats what penrith consider as awesome...:roll:

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Tigers were awesome and ordinary all at the same time. If the could get their kicking game and defense in order they can win the whole thing again. Some really special attack there tonight which is the most entertaining football to watch.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Richie Williams isn't a fullbacks arsehole, dreadful positioning in defence and poor under the high ball. But he's good in attack, should be playing five-eighth.

aids

Bench
i keep forgetting how dredful firman is, and he keeps reminding me everytime he gets a game in first grade

Mr Saab

Referee
Someone put the Panthers out of their misery and declare the mercy rule.
I say it eveyweek and everyweek it is apt.....leaderless rabble

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Results from Telstra, Friday:

Telstra Premiership
Wests Tigers 43 bt Penrith 26

VB Premier League
Penrith 66 bt Wests Magpies 22

brooksy19

Bench
sh*thouse defence from both sides, Tigers really need to start Galloway imo, when he's not thier we get steamrolled in both attack(leading to poor kicks on the last) and defence.

Swap Tuiaki and Lawereance over now, Lawrence is a gun but he can't defend up the middle. Tuaki to backrow ,fulton to lock and lawerence to wing/fullback.

Tigers & Melb are the only genuine FOOTBALL teams in the comp this year.

brooksy19 said:
sh*thouse defence from both sides, Tigers really need to start Galloway imo, when he's not thier we get steamrolled in both attack(leading to poor kicks on the last) and defence.

Swap Tuiaki and Lawereance over now, Lawrence is a gun but he can't defend up the middle. Tuaki to backrow ,fulton to lock and lawerence to wing/fullback.

Tigers & Melb are the only genuine FOOTBALL teams in the comp this year.

:roll: :roll: ..Obviously never heard of Bulldogs, Eels etc...

brooksy19

Bench
kia ora storm said:
:roll: :roll: ..Obviously never heard of Bulldogs, Eels etc...

....FOOTBALL. I.e using the ball not just massive forwards and wrestling in the play the ball to win.

innsaneink

Referee
That would have to probably be a record come from behind win for Wests Tigers, down 4-20 to get it back to 43 - 26....(33-6 2nd half)...payback for that nightmare that was 2000 where we led Penriff 31- 8 or something ridiculous and get run down 32-32

I would go so far as to say we are the best FOOTBALL side. Everyone can play with the ball and everyone is a genuine footballer. Maybe that spastic that runs the NRL has thought `hmm .. in 2005 an exciting team that captured the imagination had crowds at an all time high playing a fast tempo game ... maybe we were wrong in letting teams slow play the balls down and having a boring 2006 and boring first half of 2007 .. perhaps we should try and recreate the style of football of 05'

Latest posts