What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 // Knights 20-26 Raiders @ Hunter // Sun 6.30pm

Round 1 result: Knights vs Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joker's Wild

Coach
I suspect one of them is there to play and the other is there to cover Gids/Roberts. Considering Waddell is the only hooker named I think it's highly likely that Gidley will spend at least some time at hooker.

Cuthbo is there :sarcasm:

Dave_

Juniors
I'm not that upset about Gids being named at FB. He hasn't played too many dud games there and at least we won't see 1m passes from FB to winger 5m out from our line like we do when Boyd's there. I honestly think we'll see a few really good games from Gidley if he can string 6 or 8 together. Gidley's woes are far different to Aku's, with Gids it's injuries not really form.

We can't really expect him to be at his best when he's pretty much been a tampon for the past 3-4 years. Either that or I'm just blinded by his glory days at FB.......

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'm not that upset about Gids being named at FB. He hasn't played too many dud games there and at least we won't see 1m passes from FB to winger 5m out from our line like we do when Boyd's there. I honestly think we'll see a few really good games from Gidley if he can string 6 or 8 together. Gidley's woes are far different to Aku's, with Gids it's injuries not really form.

We can't really expect him to be at his best when he's pretty much been a tampon for the past 3-4 years. Either that or I'm just blinded by his glory days at FB.......

Like any player he needs to string some games together. It's not just about confidence, but also about improving his timing and decision making under pressure. He used to be very safe under the high ball and he'd bring the ball back with no fear. Hopefully this continues!

The real issue will be if we go on a run of wins with Gids at fullback what do you do when Darbs is fit again? History has shown Gids is at his best in the 1. If Clydesdale or Redman gun it in the 9 it will be a very good headache to have. Waddell can go away. He is rubbish any way you cut it. His distribution is like watching someone bilge out their boat with a bucket while it takes on water. As for the Gidley to fullback move, could it be a blessing in disguise maybe? Three years ago he was our marquee in the 1.

Rod

Bench
From their own mouths, Bennett and Gidley both want Gidley in the 9. He's trained there all off-season, even if he has a couple of good games in the 1 it won't matter in terms of Boyd being under any sort of threat.

But I guess it depends on how the team runs out on Sunday, this'll all be moot if Mamo or Minto end up in the 1.

perverse

Referee
If Gids has some good games in the 1 then it should ease his transition into the 9 and hopefully see him take some form to that position, too.

Boyd is an absolute lock when he comes back, and rightly so.

Zoidberg

First Grade
If Minto goes to fullback the Raiders halves might try and test him out under the bomb, which is better than them testing out Aku.

Yosh

Coach
I don't think Kurt will be playing fullback..

I reckon you're WB or WB's wife or something... lol:D

Honestly, even though I want the win, I don't think it's as important as the performance. Hope we don't get flogged.

Latest posts