What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 Fri - ROOSTERS v STORM *Match Thread*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Frig off this result. The only sure tip no longer a sure thing :fist:

salivor

First Grade
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. This is probably the best thing that could happen for Melbourne. They've just been given a reality check that they don't just have to show up at the ground to win matches and the "Melbourne are home and hosed" bandwagon will slow down a bit taking some pressure off them.

I'd get down to the TAB and put your money on the Storm by 13+ next week against the Sharks.

Missa

Juniors
yeah but all the pressure is on the storm as everyone expects them to win each week...there is no pressure for the team they play as noone is ever expected to beat them......

pantherz9103

First Grade
Can't believe a team can go from losing 56-0 to winning 3 straight and beating the benchmark team. Fittler is a genius.

Annoying loss for the team I'm bandwagoning for the premiership win, but its a severe wake up call. A lesson should be you pick your best 17 players available and don't 'rest' them, or you are well on your way to losing.

I still think the Storm can bounce back in style, I feel sorry for the Sharks.

salivor

First Grade
Missa said:
yeah but all the pressure is on the storm as everyone expects them to win each week...there is no pressure for the team they play as noone is ever expected to beat them......

And you ponit is? Thats been the same for 19 weeks now yet this is only their 3rd defeat, I'd say they've dealt pretty well with the pressure to win.

salivor

First Grade
I'm sure it will, doubt the Roosters will be there so that means there's still 7 other finals teams that have to find a way to beat the Storm when it matters.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The key for mine was the resting of Hoff and Geyer. They would've won with them on the field IMO.

Missa

Juniors
yes they have dealt with pressure well all year..but to be beaten by the roosters when u r already told the premiership is yours to lose.......who knows.......i just don't think they will win it this year...last year i tipped the broncos to win it...i tell u i have vision of the future.....i knew the knights would win in 2001 as i purchased grand final tickets in july....hahaha