What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 | Dragons 46-24 Knights @ Jubilee | Sun 2pm

Jono078

Referee
For me it's the one on one tackling that has let us a down a lot this year.

Today's game I thought Gagai was particularly poor. As good as a season he's having, his defense has to be the focus this upcoming off season.

Overall I felt like the team put in more effort today, but we just aren't up to it. You can see that our structure is crap, especially in attack which Bedsey cannot fix this in a week.

Re: Sione, I think once he is in a good environment and structure he will succeed at centre. He is very strong and I can see him being able to setup his winger in the years to come.

Jono078

Referee
Also that Snowden error in the first 30 seconds is not acceptable. For the week we've had and to come out like that is not good enough.

You have to set a tone and a standard early on. That would have been a killer if that happened in a grand final.

I understand errors happen, but I'm concerned with Snowden.. That happens far too often with him. I think next year with the interchange he will be a huge liability for us unless he comes off the bench and goes hard for 20 minutes.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Also that Snowden error in the first 30 seconds is not acceptable. For the week we've had and to come out like that is not good enough.

You have to set a tone and a standard early on. That would have been a killer if that happened in a grand final.

I understand errors happen, but I'm concerned with Snowden.. That happens far too often with him. I think next year with the interchange he will be a huge liability for us unless he comes off the bench and goes hard for 20 minutes.
I don't think the interchange will affect Snowden to much tbo. He often plays for over 50 minutes now.

On a note about today's game. I got the impression that the swinging arm that Snowden copped really fired up the players. They went from third to fifth gear after that incident and they kept it going for the next 30 minutes.

Ace-STi

Juniors
I was at the game today and was really worried at half time being a dragons supporter!

The Knights young guns showed promise and threw the ball around and offloads were good and caused headaches for dragons

I think they can take a lot out of this even if they didn't get the result and Roosters cannot be complacent next week either

Serc

First Grade
Gagai has already said he wants to stay at centre and Stone has said Mamo was being groomed for fullback. Whether the new coach will still want to go that way though remains to be seen.

Interesting, thanks mate

Yes I watched him at fullback, but even from a fantasy footy point of view, Gagai was way better when playing there, even in a bottom 4 team (had output similar to the top 5-6 outside backs/fullbacks in the game), so surely that's an indicator or something

Joker's Wild

Coach
issue is we are short oon centres going into next season

we have Sione, Jimmy and Gagai with fg experience in the centres. Thats it

We need Dane playing there

Serc

First Grade
issue is we are short oon centres going into next season

we have Sione, Jimmy and Gagai with fg experience in the centres. Thats it

We need Dane playing there

Good point

That's a shame for everyone! Knights fans and fantasy footy followers alike!

In that case I am even more impressed at however we managed to keep Gagai

He had hagan in his ear the whole game, so wouldn't surprise me if he wrote his post game speech too

Attachments

• Hagan in coaches box.jpg
    Hagan in coaches box.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 14

Haffa

He had hagan in his ear the whole game, so wouldn't surprise me if he wrote his post game speech too

At this stage in our season having Hagan help Bedsy doesn't even bother me. Every capable assistant we've had has left in the last few years so he's got pretty much nobody to rely on.

Noname36

First Grade
I was at the game today and was really worried at half time being a dragons supporter!

The Knights young guns showed promise and threw the ball around and offloads were good and caused headaches for dragons

I think they can take a lot out of this even if they didn't get the result and Roosters cannot be complacent next week either

Unfortunately though defence is still 50% of the game (or more - I can't remember us having the ball in the second half yesterday) - and we're just really, really bad at it.

Rod

Bench
Ross tried hard and didn't do much wrong. Got a deserved try and at the least his enthusiasm must inject some life into proceedings.

Fitzgibbon barely got a go and came on in a period when we were getting dominated.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Your plight is a combination of the stubborn, blue collar mentality that holds the club back behind the pack and Uncle Wayne buying dads army to try and win a premiership straight away.

He left us in a similar boat after 2011. We got the prize, but we are still recovering from the hangover.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Good luck to you guys for the rest of the year. Great club that deserve better and hopefully your boys put in for the coach and all your fans. Really liked what I saw from Mamo and sims. Jeremy smith is still a beast!! Love the way he plays. Good luck for the rest of the year

From the press conference Bedsy sees it as his job to bring on the young guys for next year and the year after.
I can see Mamo and Sione being regulars for the rest of the season with Tapine and possibly other forwards in the mix.
I reckon Feeney will get a run.
Talk was also how Tapine needs to push his body.

aqua_duck

Coach
In his current form I honestly don't think we'll miss Beau Scott next year, wouldn't have been much worse off having 2 turnstiles in place of Beau and Tyrone yesterday