What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R23 Sun - Newcastle v Penrith... SPOON BATTLE!

Missa

Juniors
i never miss watching a knights game on tv...but just can not be bothered today to watch...its on in the background but i have better things to do than be depressed by football...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Y2Eel

First Grade
Penrith played really well today.. They have some bright young stars...

They are going to Miss Gower Big time... May run down the bottom if they cant find a suitable replacement for next season...

Caged Panther

First Grade
And I thought it was a tough year for us Penrith supporters!!! It's quite obviously alot tougher for Knights supporters I feel sorry for you guys.

From my perspective though it's nice to finally have a comprehensive win we're there was no sense at any point we were going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
STATISTICS Courtesy to NRLStats.com

Individual Bests

Most Tackles
Steve Simpson 31

Most Runs
Kurt Gidley 19

Most Line Breaks
Michael Jennings 3

Most Offloads
Zeb Taia 2

Team

PENRITH 46
Frank Pritchard 3, Michael Jennings 3, Michael Gordon tries; Michael Gordon 9/9 goals
NEWCASTLE 12
Zeb Taia, Cooper Vuna tries; Kurt Gidley 2/2 goals

Crowd 14,351

Halftime Penrith 20-6

Possession
Penrith 55% Newcastle 45%

Completions
Newcastle 22/34 (65%)
Penrith 30/41 (73%)

Tackles
Newcastle 260 Penrith 199

Offloads
Newcastle 10-8

Errors
15-all

Penalties
8-all

perverse

Referee
pantherz9103 said:
Cheers Jono, I hope you're right.

I feel sorry for Knights fans it seems as though the players don't want to play for Brian Smith even though your roster isn't exactly the best.
i dug this up from a page or 2 back because i feel it is particularly pertinant.

1. If they can't do it for their coach - being the great mates they claim to be in the papers (oh boo hoo you're splitting up our band of merry men) they should be able to do it for each other and themselves. these are the last chances they get to play for each other.

2. The are professional footballers getting paid overs to perform a task. they arn't even coming remotely close to earning their paycheques.

pathetic. i'm so glad we're getting rid of most of them.. because if it were up to me i wouldn't let most of them wash the jerseys after the game... let alone wear them. they arn't worthy.

Fibroman

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
Penrith played really well today.. They have some bright young stars...

They are going to Miss Gower Big time... May run down the bottom if they cant find a suitable replacement for next season...

As much as he cops a bagging from the media and even from his own supporter base, he is a class act on the field. We looked lost when he left the field.

I really think Elliot should seriously think about Sammut at half back next year. Wesser has still got a few years left in him and we really need to fill the big void that Gowie will leave.

I also though Michael Gordon was a bee's whisker of man of the match today. Not much chance of him moving into the centres with Jennings and Blair in front of him, and Williams and Tighe knocking on the door next year. Enjoy your time out on the wing Michael.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Are Newcastle the most overrated team ever? The way that Johns batted over the return of Buderus was disgraceful. They are plain and simply sh*t.

Apey

Staff member
Someone said this earlier, but f**k I feel sorry for Kurt Gidley. He is on f**king needles and he puts in five times the effort of any other players in our team.

effnic

Bench
Raider_69 said:
the knights are a f**king rabble
deadset look at that 17... has there ever been a bigger single collection of nuffies in one side?
Yes

1. David Howell
2. David Milne
3. Phil Graham
4. Colin Best
5. Brett Kelly
6. Terry Campese
7. Todd Carney
8. Dane Tilse
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe
10. Scott Logan
11. Matt Bickerstaff
12. Glen Turner
13. Alan Tongue (C)

Subs:
14. Lincoln Withers
15. Trevor Thurling
16. Neville Costigan
17. Michael Weyman
18. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

mongoose

Coach
effnic said:
Yes

1. David Howell
2. David Milne
3. Phil Graham
4. Colin Best
5. Brett Kelly
6. Terry Campese
7. Todd Carney
8. Dane Tilse
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe
10. Scott Logan
11. Matt Bickerstaff
12. Glen Turner
13. Alan Tongue (C)

Subs:
14. Lincoln Withers
15. Trevor Thurling
16. Neville Costigan
17. Michael Weyman
18. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

atleast our nuffies aren't talked up as anything more than nuffies.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Fibroman said:
As much as he cops a bagging from the media and even from his own supporter base, he is a class act on the field. We looked lost when he left the field.

I really think Elliot should seriously think about Sammut at half back next year. Wesser has still got a few years left in him and we really need to fill the big void that Gowie will leave.

I also though Michael Gordon was a bee's whisker of man of the match today. Not much chance of him moving into the centres with Jennings and Blair in front of him, and Williams and Tighe knocking on the door next year. Enjoy your time out on the wing Michael.

Next season Penrith have to have Wesser and Sammut in the same team..

Lewis will be the panthers 5/8 it looks like..
The back line is stiched up so the last spot left for him would be half back...

Fibroman

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
Next season Penrith have to have Wesser and Sammut in the same team..

Lewis will be the panthers 5/8 it looks like..
The back line is stiched up so the last spot left for him would be half back...

I don't know if Lewis has got a mortgage on the #6? He will figure in the side somewhere. It will either be at lock, wing or 5/8th.

A lot hinges on whether Shane Rodney makes a successful comeback next year. There are also a couple of young blokes playing in Flegg that are showing alot of ability.

Williams and Tighe, although very unpredictable, are confidence players, and if they get a roll on, could slot into the 5/8th role.

I really think, if Wesser is fit and playing well, halfback is the only spot for Sammut, and you have to agree, he certainly is a talent and adds that extra spark in attack, ala Preston Campbell.