What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R23 Titans

dannyt

Coach
It was not that windy out there. Just a slight breeze at best
It did not worry their goal kicker
But you are probably looking at last weeks important one from the sideline he missed fresh in your mnd.
He has kicked plenty of important ones in his career and this year
but I have found watching him this year he has changed his style and he seems to shorten up too quick after he strikes the ball
It is if he almost looks like he is nervous with his little jump stutters after striking it and willing the ball to go over. But that is just my view.

But watching our defence it was terrible on Lomax's side. Not blaming him but Moga missed plenty and that try where they threw it round like a hot potato was so hard to watch. 52 missed by the team. Deplorable.
Positives - Lucky Titans were just as bad in defence.
Ramsay is getting better and better and Bird played well.
Its marvellous when they look to offload how dangerous they can be in attack
I am with Hook we hardly could get a penalty or 6 again go our way.
Moga unlucky not to have a 4th try.
NRLW girls were good without being brilliant. Solid first hit out

PS. Can someone teach Woodsy our team celebration song.
His missed tackle on Fifita gave them the leg up they needed.
Their kicker, irrespective of who it is, doesn't seem to have a problem kicking goals. Fogarty last week 4/4 then terrible for the first 2 kicks yesterday, then Boyd 5/5. I'd love to know what the success rate for goal kickers this year against us.

Mjab

Juniors
Id just like Macca to see the writing on the wall like Merrin did a few years ago and do the right thing by the club who gave him a very generous 2 years to what he would have got anywhere else, ie no where else in fact , his career was effectively over
He tries hard but too old and too slow and what he does is not quality, cant even pass from dummy half accurately or quickly like the good hookers

dannyt

Coach
Id just like Macca to see the writing on the wall like Merrin did a few years ago and do the right thing by the club who gave him a very generous 2 years to what he would have got anywhere else, ie no where else in fact , his career was effectively over
He tries hard but too old and too slow and what he does is not quality, cant even pass from dummy half accurately or quickly like the good hookers
I'm not sure Merrin "saw the writing on the wall". The interview Zac and Blake did on Fletch & Hindy suggests hook told him he was out, but allowed a gracious send-off. I suppose it was better than what Sowie got.

Trifili13

Juniors
Mybe 2,weeks.
Molo got 4 weeks
Moose $1000 fine.
While I agree that Molo should have been sent off, the NRL is now saying that a head high where a prop lazily puts his arm out deserves the same suspension as a spear tackle. While Asofa who fractured 2 teeth (can't remember the players name) has no case to answer as the MRC can't work out if there was enough force and where the point of contact was. It fractured the players teeth, where do these morons think it hit him.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Was a pleasing win, even though it was against bottom of the table opposition. But these are games we have lost these last few (10) years.
Bird played well and deserves MOM
Amone has continued his improve and increased engagement in the game. Kicking and running more and being considered an option from the dummy half.
noticed that Amone and Sullivan were enjoying themselves on the field. I feel like we just have to get these guys on the paddock and playing together. Sullivan was good at DH and provided service plus speed. He also backed up attacking raids and could be an option in 2023 to give us some creativity.
Ramsey at the back was again safe and steady. He needs to develop his pass as too often he joined the backs but died with the ball instead of feeding his centre or winger outside of him.
I feel like we are lacking strength and power in the forwards. Laurie has been a pleasant surprise with his improvement this year but he needs a few partners. Woods isn’t up to it and McGuire provides our grunt and aggression and he is gone next year.
The reality is we only beat the Titans but there were some things to ne pleased about. The test is to back it up and post another 40 V the Tigers and end with a win against the Broncos to hopefully knock them out of the 8
I hope all the BS about Sully is just that BS and he is not going to the f**king bullcheats. What f**king joke the club really is.

dannyt

Coach
While I agree that Molo should have been sent off, the NRL is now saying that a head high where a prop lazily puts his arm out deserves the same suspension as a spear tackle. While Asofa who fractured 2 teeth (can't remember the players name) has no case to answer as the MRC can't work out if there was enough force and where the point of contact was. It fractured the players teeth, where do these morons think it hit him.
I think everyone agrees that the MRC got it completely wrong regarding Asofa.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I should have extended if they allow this to happen my apologies Denis. I’m just very suspicious
Come on! Sullivan is currently contracted until the end of 2025. No one is even supposed to talk to him until the end of 2024. The rumour is just a load of rubbish - like Zac is going to the Roosters and Dragons have signed Andrew Fifita. (Or it had better be a load of rubbish!)

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Come on! Sullivan is currently contracted until the end of 2025. No one is even supposed to talk to him until the end of 2024. The rumour is just a load of rubbish - like Zac is going to the Roosters and Dragons have signed Andrew Fifita. (Or it had better be a load of rubbish!)
Well let’s hope so, it’s very easy to break contracts today by what ever means available to the individual. Time not so long ago your handshake and your word was enough.

mickeylane

Bench
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has met with Liddle about the prospect of joining the Red V. The Dragons have Andrew McCullough on the books until the end of next year, who only recently celebrated his 300th NRL appearance. The joint-venture has used Jayden Sullivan at dummy half at times but is yet to settle on its preferred back-up option.