What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R24 Sun - Brisbane v Canberra

theicemandanno

Juniors
The wankers will have to beat the Eels at Parra to make the 8.

Tigers will beat Knights next week and it looks like the Bunnies are going to go close to beating Tigers this week.

Bicey_18

Bench
How bout taking a look at your performance .... I lost count how many times Canberra dropped the ball in their own half... The ref didnt cost you the game, you lost it yourselves.

Mr Saab

Referee
Kornstar said:
No Brisbane players don't take dives at all......good one Wayne

You talking about Perry?
He was shoulder charged by Logan and then Weyman sat on him. Please.

legend

Coach
If the Broncos get there they will be cannon fodder. They needed all the help they could get to defeat a geniused Raiders side.

Meanie

Juniors
It's one thing to be dudded, it's another thing to completely capitulate after being dudded. Doesn't show much character. Origin 3 2006 is still the best example of how to overcome inept refereeing.

salivor

First Grade
I think Gus Gould said it best when he talked about it on the Sunday Roast this morning that when players come in with their arms out like Carney they're trying to stop the ball and therefore playing at it.

Also where was Carney's head after that call? First he gives Perry a gobful and fires he and the Broncos up, the he bombs a try with a forward pass, then he tries to tap a ball back when all he had to do was catch it and score then he throws a ball over the sideline and then finally puts it into the scrum and it goes against the feed.

JW

Coach
What a shock to come into this thread to see Canberra fans whinging about the officials rigging the match :lol:

Brings back memories of Legend's hilarious rant a couple of seasons back.

Mr Saab

Referee
legend said:
If the Broncos get there they will be cannon fodder. They needed all the help they could get to defeat a geniused Raiders side.

At least we have a chance of being in the 8.
Enjoy Bali

bileduct

Coach
Bicey_18 said:
How bout taking a look at your performance .... I lost count how many times Canberra dropped the ball in their own half... The ref didnt cost you the game, you lost it yourselves.

recipe.jpg

Just in case you run out of any ideas...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
That's not necessary. All I need to do is remember the VR's decision to call Thorn held up in the first half. As the commentators rightfully pointed out, it could just as easily have been called try benefit of the doubt. Now tell me, if a concerted effort was being made to ensure a Broncos victory, why on earth would Graeme West call that a no try when in reality it was probably closer to being a try than the Michaels effort?

Howell's hands were clearly under the footy, if they had awarded that one, we'd have been launching investigations into match fixing! :lol:

We dropped alot of footy, we bombed probably 3 certain trys
but that doesnt change the fact Shayne Hayne killed us in the penalties (early on it was justified, and then became ridiculous) and West f**ked up BIG TIME, TWICE in two CLEAR CUT cases, which resulted in one side emerging victorous

all in all it doesnt really matter, neither us nor the broncos are making the 8 this year imo, but that doesnt excuse them. The referees imo, had a pre concieved idea on how that game was spose to go, and referee'd accordingly.

salivor

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Howell's hands were clearly under the footy, if they had awarded that one, we'd have been launching investigations into match fixing! :lol:

We dropped alot of footy, we bombed probably 3 certain trys
but that doesnt change the fact Shayne Hayne killed us in the penalties (early on it was justified, and then became ridiculous) and West f**ked up BIG TIME, TWICE in two CLEAR CUT cases, which resulted in one side emerging victorous

all in all it doesnt really matter, neither us nor the broncos are making the 8 this year imo, but that doesnt excuse them. The referees imo, had a pre concieved idea on how that game was spose to go, and referee'd accordingly.

I don't know why I'm bothering to take you seriously after several times now accusing the officials of rigging the match. Be careful, David Gallop and the NRL are reading your few incoherent thoughts.

I love your bit about Hayne killing you. So it was justified early on? So therefore you have no problem with the first 5 penalties going Brisbanes way? Just a problem with the count being 6-5 in Canberra's favour from that point onwards? Lol, yeah Hayne was killing you, or maybe it was the knob who replaced the grippo with vaseline.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont know why you're bothering either
We dropped alot of footy, too much, but thanks to inept refereeing we were denied a fair shot at that game, that todd carney try is awarded, like it should have been, its 19-6 our way, thats a completely different game to 13-12, and then to compound that by handing them another 6 points on the back of ANOTHER mistake... a complete farce

Without a doubt, roles reverse today, those decisions go the opposite way

I wonder how fans will cope when these decisions decide a semi, or prelim final? And god forbid, even a Premiership.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Are you a mind reader?

Is that was Neil Henry will spit out again at the press conference?

I hope so, 10k well spent.

Mr Saab said:
Perhaps you should not play David Howell at fullback
Howell has been pretty good for us at fullback in the past 2 games, that Howeller in the 2nd half aside. Lack of options, Zillman is injured and Goodwin has a massive attitude issue

Mr Saab said:
Do you deny that the Green Machine made a 1000 errors with the ball and made life for themselves awfully difficult?

Not at all, we made far too many errors... do you deny the raiders we're not given a fair crack at this game thanks to farcial video refereeing decisions?

salivor

First Grade
No doubt? Did your crystal ball tell you that? Tell us John Edwards, just how have you managed to unlock these powers?

I would've thought things like the fact the Broncos made 106 less tackles, 19 more offloads, 35 more hitups, 12 less errors, made 10 more kicks in play, made 254 more metres, made 6 more dummy half runs and had 8 more scrums were the deciding factors but hey call me crazy. The Raiders were pathetic in nearly every facet of the game but oh no it was all rigged.

Raider_69

Post Whore
salivor said:
No doubt? Did your crystal ball tell you that? Tell us John Edwards, just how have you managed to unlock these powers?

I would've thought things like the fact the Broncos made 106 less tackles, 19 more offloads, 35 more hitups, 12 less errors, made 10 more kicks in play, made 254 more metres, made 6 more dummy half runs and had 8 more scrums were the deciding factors but hey call me crazy. The Raiders were pathetic in nearly every facet of the game but oh no it was all rigged.

and yet, still you're side required the aid of a 12 point advantage from the video ref's to get you over the line... combined what that says to me, is canberra should have won this game, they'd have won ugly, very ugly, but countless teams win ugly each year, this should have been one of them. It wasnt.

JW

Coach
Oh dear.

Fair dinkum, some of you jokers are deadset straight out of the nut house. Unfortunately, sub-standard refereeing is part of the game of Rugby League in 2007. All teams will get the good and bad days with the man with the whistle, but it's a test of character for a team to rise above those situations, as alot of teams do. Canberra did the complete opposite today with 20 errors and were punished accordingly.

But it seems to have become a habbit for numerous Canberra supporters to claim outright match fixing and rigging by officials after a loss involving decision/s that didn't go their way. The sad thing is that the vast majority of said supporters actually truly believe the rubbish they're suggesting, without even thinking their laughable theories through so as to avoid looking like complete fools. The aftermarth of games against Brisbane, Wests and a few other teams in recent seasons have brought the most amusment.

Go for your life and question the decisions of the VR, as everyone should. We've all been dudded by them before and we will again. But to suggest that the game was lost soley on the back of the calls by the officials and furthermore through the rigging of the game confirms the status of Raiders supporters as THE biggest sooks in the game. Now, uppercuts all round chaps.

Peace.