What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R27 Knights game.

rasaint

Juniors
I felt JDB played really well and his ‘force’ tackle penalty was a joke decision imo. How do you tackle around the legs in NRL ( under 8s for that matter) without force? The Newcastle player was struggling upfield against our two tacklers and JDB simply went in around the legs. The Newcastle player‘s momentum stopped and he got bent back over. And?

thebigredv

First Grade
I felt JDB played really well and his ‘force’ tackle penalty was a joke decision imo. How do you tackle around the legs in NRL ( under 8s for that matter) without force? The Newcastle player was struggling upfield against our two tacklers and JDB simply went in around the legs. The Newcastle player‘s momentum stopped and he got bent back over. And?
Every other team does it without penalty. The look on Jack’s said it all.

Cummins saw it was JDB and immediately blew his whistle, the replay happened and the ref had to quickly renege and make up something to justify a penalty. Funnily enough when they watched our challenge it wasn’t enough “force” to the head. Amazing how the bunker all have a degree in physics these days.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What a disappointing end to the season. The guy I felt sorry for was Ryan Carr as he deserved to go out on a bigger high. By out I mean as FG coach not from the club.

What we did learn from that performance is Flanno needs all the cash he can to bring in some tougher forwards and if Billy Burns is off contract then he is not worth renewing as his defence as a back rower is terrible. His attack is good but Saints need hard nuts to tighten the middle in defence, and the Couchman boys are better than him in defence that is for sure. Not only Billy Burns but any others who are off contract in 2024 had a great chance to aim up and get a contract and I feel they failed. As for some of the others that are contracted well, they have another season to prove themselves.

I can't help but not feel as if the Tigers loss had some role to play as the players then knew that the spoon was settled and they did not need to win or at least keep the scores close. The intensity they showed in the games before was just not present.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Every other team does it without penalty. The look on Jack’s said it all.

Cummins saw it was JDB and immediately blew his whistle, the replay happened and the ref had to quickly renege and make up something to justify a penalty. Funnily enough when they watched our challenge it wasn’t enough “force” to the head. Amazing how the bunker all have a degree in physics these days.
Yes I feel for JDB as he is now one of those players that is always under the microscope. I also think the elite forwards of today are leaps and bounds ahead of him. The time he spent away from the game didn’t help, his overall defence is sound and reliable but in attack every motion of his is slow and telegraphed.
Not worth his fee I’m afraid. I would have rather kept Frizzell