What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 | Knights 34-6 Cowboys @ Hunter | Mon 7.00pm

Round 3 result :: Knights vs Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

broncos2010

Juniors
You are right, wins don't count if you win comfortably. We should try the Broncos tactic of only scoring a few points each week and hoping the other side aren't good enough to reach double figures.

Playing the cowboys without our pack leader, our captain or any two of our three strike centres and absolutely owning them could not possibly be considered a good win could it?

Was it not me who said Roberts would be heaps better in the halves?

Give me a break

Big Tim

First Grade
You guys did not win today its the cowboys that lost it with their poor attidude thinking it was a walk in the park

Isnt it us? This club is your second team.

You guys did not win today its the cowboys that lost it with their poor attidude thinking it was a walk in the park

Scoreboard and the ladder say that the Knights did infact win.

Correct. They didnt win.

Always the excuse when the underdog thoroughly out plays, and out enthuses the opposition. True to a point, but the opposition always have a part to play in a loss.

Big Tim

First Grade
Now about the game.....

Some great moves by Bennett.

Costigan at hooker was a revelation, for the simple fact that Darbs played the Kidley style "rover" so it just meant more starch up the middle.

Roberts and Mullen...... sploodge.

McKinnon in the centres was a great choice. He was able to physically dominate Linnett, something Dane would have had to do with technique. Took him out of the game completely.

The bench won it for us.

Bedsy was his champion self, Faalogo (sp?) was a brilliant shock weapon. Cuthbo had an absolute blinder, didnt look like a guy just returning to the team, and the best thing I can say about Korbin is that he fit in so well you didnt notice him at all. Ready for First Grade but will unfortunately be the first guy to make way.

Rochow is a very good club player. The type of guy who is invaluable to your team, but not looked at as special by many others.

As great a game as it was, it is hard to know where we are at.

2 wonderful performances at home, and 1 dreadful performance on the road.... any chance we can play 24 games at home next season?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
If I had to choose between Quinn and McKinnon, Id take Alex every day of the week. He was excellent and looked right at home at right centre tonight, just like I knew he would.

Id be surprised if Wayne doesnt keep him there until Dane returns

TBO it's hard for me to comment as I watched the game from the wet hill and it's not the best vantage point to make a definitive judgement on how players went. My statement was based more on the fact that Mckinnon has only allowed us one game in the centres to gauge him by. Put him up against a Hodges or a Jaimee Lyon type of player and everyone may be screaming out for him to move into the back row. However from where I was sitting I do admit that he played well and Quinn was ordinary AGAIN. Looks like Quinn's career is on its last legs. Anyway I'm not one to comment on here unless I've watched the game on TV or NRL.com. So I'm about to watch the replay now :)

Joker's Wild

Coach
Another Bennett masterstroke that no one has mentioned is the fact that he debuted Korbin against a team that his brothers plays for. The fact that he ran at Ashton every opportunity he got showed that it was just the motivation he needed to rip right in.

Yosh

Coach
We're defintely molding into a classic WB team.

Hard and stubborn defence.
Great kick chase attititude.
Amazing home record.
Bounceback factor.
Hard and fearsome forward pack.
Take the two points ALL the time lol!

WB took a leaf outta BSmith's book with the fullback into hooker.

I think Korbin is the striker backrower we've all be waiting for. He hit the line with such aggression and speed.

Whoever thinks Uate is overpaid is a genius. He might have his off game but which winger offer as much as he does. Whenever JT plays against Uate he is always looking to shut him down. When the premier playmaker of the game is constantly thinking about shutting you down, that means something.

Furthermore, everytime he gets the ball, the crowd go wild. That's bums on seats for ya!