What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 | Knights 34-6 Cowboys @ Hunter | Mon 7.00pm

Round 3 result :: Knights vs Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: Boyd
2: Uate
3: Tahu/Leulia
4: Gagai
5: McManus
6: Mullen
7: Roberts
8: Rochow
9: Buderus (c)
10: Mason
11: Scott
12: McKinnon
13: Smith

14: Gidley
15: Fa'alogo
16: Sims
17: Cuthbertson

Don't pretend the idea of that team running out doesn't get your freak juice flowing.

Swarzey

Bench
I thought Quinn held his own this week. Didn't play exceptionally and we won't miss him next week when Tahu returns, but I thought his performance was alright. Didn't screw up much.

Also, having Gidley come off the bench gives us a huge boost. He's not as great as he was before he started picking up injuries or really in the halves, but he done wonders coming off the bench for NSW so It will be interesting to see the impact he has on the game if he plays 14. I think it will gives us a huge advantage if we can get him and Bedsy to switch on and off. Say, 20 minutes into each half.

I think snowden played his best game for us tonight. Especially in the second half, he was running with intent. Thats what we need from him week in week out

perverse

Referee
I think snowden played his best game for us tonight. Especially in the second half, he was running with intent. Thats what we need from him week in week out
His discipline was poor. I'm his biggest fan, but he hasn't been the same player since he pulled on a Knights jersey. Last year, he was still our best prop at only 50% of what we've seen he's capable of. This year, we have a young, hungry group of forwards putting their hands up for first grade, and looking a lot better than Snowy in doing it.

I don't think it's the end for him, he can still turn it around... but there's a very strong argument building now for him to turn it around in NSW cup. We have replacements, and they're putting their hands up big time.

Zoidberg

First Grade
To misquote Will Smith in Bad Boys...
"Now that's how you play. From now on, THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY!"

As for the Gidley dilemma, maybe have Bedsy starting on the bench, Gids start at hooker, bring Beds on from 20min to 65th min (approx/depending), with Gids going to lock in defense/roamer in attack, then Gids back to hooker to finish the game.

With Bedsy getting on in age, having him play 40-50mins a game should help him last the year.

Spot On

Coach
Sometimes you just have to believe what you are seeing and for Kade it's all bad and has been for a long time.

It's really rammed home when blokes text you laughing that he is still getting a gig each week.

I hope he can do something to justify his contract but if you were going to resign him tomorrow what would you offer him?

perverse

Referee
Sometimes you just have to believe what you are seeing and for Kade it's all bad and has been for a long time.

It's really rammed home when blokes text you laughing that he is still getting a gig each week.

I hope he can do something to justify his contract but if you were going to resign him tomorrow what would you offer him?
About 150k. It's all well and good to sit there and say I told you so, but he was a monster at the Sharks... and despite his back problems last year, was still our best prop. He is quite visibly not up to the task physically for whatever reason - and we finally do have better options now. He's a different model than the one we thought we were buying - for whatever reason that we can't really speculate on at the moment without having posts deleted.

hugzy

Juniors
I had an orgasm. But there r 4 teams a level above us. We can beat any of them on our day but we r just not consistent enough. Week 2 of finals is my expectations at this stage

Swarzey

Bench
When we signed him, I was glad. He was quality at the time and thought he was going to really make an impact on the field, but he's just failed and last year looked unmotivated. Almost every game he gave away stupid penalties and dropped the ball way too much. On top of that, he was seen as a big buy for us which is understandable consider he's played Origin.

Just doesn't deserve a start. Maybe a spot on the bench, but certainly not the number 8.

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Great performance. I had patience for him, but Snowden's brain explosions need to stop one way or another.

I dont think I have been so excited to see a juniour debut in ages as I was to see Sims, and he did not disappoint. Fa'alogo looks like a good signing for value if he can keeps tonights standard up.

Mullen completely contolled the game, Bedsy was crafty, Boyd played his role and Tyrone showed some flair. First time I can remember in a while where we got a performance out of each of our spi e players in the same game.

IanG

Coach
That was more like it.
Very happy with tonight's performance.
Defense particularly on our goal line was outstanding, especially early on in the game when we were starved of possession. As has been mentioned Kade Snowden's brain explosions didn't help. Only conceding one try in the whole game. Let's hope this is a preview of more of the same.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm surprised you found the time to post on here Ian. I thought you'd be off partying with your 4 rows of girlfriends.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I thought Quinn held his own this week. Didn't play exceptionally and we won't miss him next week when Tahu returns, but I thought his performance was alright. Didn't screw up much.

Also, having Gidley come off the bench gives us a huge boost. He's not as great as he was before he started picking up injuries or really in the halves, but he done wonders coming off the bench for NSW so It will be interesting to see the impact he has on the game if he plays 14. I think it will gives us a huge advantage if we can get him and Bedsy to switch on and off. Say, 20 minutes into each half.

Are you saying that Tahu will replace Quinn and the knights will keep a make shift second rower in the other centre position?

Whats Doing

Bench
The speed of the Knights defensive line contributed largely to the errors of the Cows.

The bench was awesome with Cutho, Faalongo and Sims all playing significant roles in the win. Sims has so much power in his running that he was bending the line most hit ups and was brutal in defence.

Mckinnon was dominant in the centres and our halves controlled the game and were the best on the park.

Wayne is going to have some headaches when he has a full team to pick from. With Mason, Gids, Tahu, Gagi and BJ to come in.

I was a strident critic of Tyrone last year but he certainly looks like he should nail down the no. 7 with gids to 14.

Spot On

Coach
Tyrone getting the love. About time.

I hope we can accept that it won't always be like it was tonight and he aint going to single handedly win us games every week. There's a long way to go but it's obvious how good he could be and how badly Mullo needs someone with his skill set to partner him.

Frederick

Staff member
1: Boyd
2: Uate
3: Tahu/Leulia
4: Gagai
5: McManus
6: Mullen
7: Roberts
8: Rochow
9: Buderus (c)
10: Mason
11: Scott
12: McKinnon
13: Smith

14: Gidley
15: Fa'alogo
16: Sims
17: Cuthbertson

Don't pretend the idea of that team running out doesn't get your freak juice flowing.
Why drop Houston?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Are you saying that Tahu will replace Quinn and the knights will keep a make shift second rower in the other centre position?

Isn't Leulia due back in round four too? I'd have him in there over Quinn.

Of course, I'd have a potted plant over Quinn too...

Misanthrope

Staff member
Why drop Houston?

Whoops! Didn't mean to at all. I guess that means Sims, McKinnon, or Fa'alogo would have to make room for him. Our forward depth is pretty impressive tbh. Having the choice of Gagai, Tahu, or Leulia for the centres is a pleasant conundrum too.