What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 Knights.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Piss poor team and an even worse coach!

Flanagan is an imbecile who promised the world to his mates on the board so he could get the job. He's the only coach in the competition who thinks his son is a first grader and he is happy to show the door to our most promising juniors from our nursery. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to nepotism at our once proud club.

Other coaches have taken Sloan out of full back in games like this and copped it royally, time to apply the same logic to Flanagan now.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
Thought Sharp was harsh dealing out penalties against us in the first half which got Knights their first points into the wind. Questionable reffing notwithstanding, clearly out smarted in the conditions tonight. Overall, their kicking much better than ours and they took their luck and opportunities whereas we couldn't land a pass to put a man in the clear once!

What an absolutely shit game that was. Scoreless in the second half. Our players looked like bumbling, fumbling fools and Flanno had the wrong tactics for our useless players. I'm convinced that we just don't have the cattle and will be hard for us to get away from the bottom of the table. I know that the conditions were atrocious but the Knights played in those conditions and completed really well with their sets.

The ref might have given the Knights a few leg ups but our defence was bloody awful and we just did not have the players to outplay them.

I can understand why Lomax wants out. I think there will be many others wanting the same.

I am over the Dragons. Bloody things.
Hopefully the others who want out are named Bird, Lawrie, Hunt, Molo, Molo, de Belin and Sloan.
I have *never* seen a more risible, pathetic, uninspired and dumb Dragons side. So much for Flanno and the new broom.
NSW Cup is too good for us.

Once again to me Hunts kicking game never pressures anyone. Just high and deep. No pressure on Ponga yet they pressured us plenty. Those first half kicks along the ground had us stuffed every time yet we never tried it ourselves. Plus once again wingers coming in and leaving the outside undefended. I thought we had a chance tonight but poor choices killed us. Luc and Suli really ran hard but never got the ball in good positions. And Lomax getting dragged out after catching that drop out was unforgivable. Its all these U10 level mistakes that kill us. Its going to be a long season unless someone like Hunt or Flanagan steps up more often

sammymills

Juniors
I feel like it was bad but not as bad as scoreline. We had so many opportunities and worked hard to get them but couldn’t capitalise. F Molo the only front rower worth his chops. JDB is not a prop and lawrie and Michael molo atrocious. Luciano made opportunities but we couldn’t capitalise. Sloan didn’t have a shocker but that weather doesn’t suit him at all. Errors killing us.

There was some good intent after the break. Then young mate got caught on the fifth in an attacking position and then the resurgence petered out. Game of chess for a bit and then anarchy and they closed you out.

A tough and troubling game for you, but imho not catastrophic.

thebigredv

First Grade
I feel like it was bad but not as bad as scoreline. We had so many opportunities and worked hard to get them but couldn’t capitalise. F Molo the only front rower worth his chops. JDB is not a prop and lawrie and Michael molo atrocious. Luciano made opportunities but we couldn’t capitalise. Sloan didn’t have a shocker but that weather doesn’t suit him at all. Errors killing us.
Never anyone to follow Suli and Leilua when they bust the line. That's just poor and we;ve always had variations of the same problem in the past.
I was worried about Rava in the conditions before the game but I thought he was good when the ball was in his corner. Otheres were the real let down tonight - Lawrie, Hunt and Flanagan.

If not for the 10 minute patch in the first half the scoreline would have been much more respectable. Pretty damning that Ponga could kick 5/5 on a night as horrible as that one. Says less about his brilliance and more about our ineptness in securing the ball in the middle of the field.

It's not under 10s anymore. If we take the foot off for 10 minutes we might as well not turn up at all.

thebigredv

First Grade
In recent years (make that 10) I have always hated us playing on a Friday night cause it means I will have a shit weekend. Thanks boys you have done it again ! I had so much hope earlier this year but they are slowly beating that hope out of me.
We are the fools for conjuring up the idea in our heads that they might just surprise us and win a game. The key is not to delude yourself but we are all guilty of it.

These a winnable games and we consistently find a way to hand it to the opposition.

jeffdragon

Bench
Thought Sharp was harsh dealing out penalties against us in the first half which got Knights their first points into the wind. Questionable reffing notwithstanding, clearly out smarted in the conditions tonight. Overall, their kicking much better than ours and they took their luck and opportunities whereas we couldn't land a pass to put a man in the clear once!
What shits me is they knew the conditions were shit days ago.

Latest posts