What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 Knights.

Dragons will be a tipster’s nightmare this year, when they are meant to win they won’t turn up and when they should lose, they’ll win a few.
I’m predicting a loss, we’ll be flat and not show up just like round 2 after beating Titans.
Then we will spank the tigers the following week who will be flying high and locked into the top 8.
Bugger that!

SPANK 'EM BOTH!!!

Touch wood :)

BLM01

First Grade
Dragons will be a tipster’s nightmare this year, when they are meant to win they won’t turn up and when they should lose, they’ll win a few.
I’m predicting a loss, we’ll be flat and not show up just like round 2 after beating Titans.
Then we will spank the tigers the following week who will be flying high and locked into the top 8.
No wonder our team plays like that.. they get that vibe from the supporters :)

Crush

Coach
No wonder our team plays like that.. they get that vibe from the supporters :)
I remember last round of last season, I was so sure that we’d beat reserve grade Knights at Kogarah, we’d been playing decent footy at back end of season yet just not quite getting across the line. Versus Knights though, who’d already qualified for finals and resting their stars I thought it would be a nice way to sign off the season by going to the hill and cheering them on to finish a tough year.
They deadset didn’t run out of the dressing room, hands on hips, walking, heads down, disgusting performance.
It was perplexing that they’d just not show up.
Same thing happened in round 2 this year.
Forgive me for not predicting wins every week, but I did predict Manly win, that was a given.

kit66

Bench
We've got a pretty good record up there don't we? I don't know I'm not exactly oozing with confidence after last night's performance. Newcastle haven't been great this year either, I'll predict us to win 15-14 with a Kyle Flanagan field goal in golden point.

I think it's our best Ground record anywhere, including Kogarah and Win. 18 wins from 23 games up there (78%), pretty awesome. We're also well in front on Head to Head - 29 to 14, more than double. Of course it doesn't mean much on the day but that kind of thing can get in the players' heads - from both sides.
It's an away game but it's not far and we've got the 6 day turnaround to their 5 days after a flight home from NZ.

The predicted wet weather and heavy track should work in our favour and hopefully slow down their speedy backline. Our big backs could do well in those conditions, just gotta hold the ball.
That was a gritty win the other night, a term we've rarely used to describe any of our recent games and I think we can do the same up in Newi. I'd be very tempted to swap out FMolo for Fifta. Tuipulotu 18th man.

Saints by 7

redv13

Bench
Saints also have an extra days rest and no flight back from NZ that Newcastle have. Saints usually perform at Newwie so let’s go baby

BLM01

First Grade
I remember last round of last season, I was so sure that we’d beat reserve grade Knights at Kogarah, we’d been playing decent footy at back end of season yet just not quite getting across the line. Versus Knights though, who’d already qualified for finals and resting their stars I thought it would be a nice way to sign off the season by going to the hill and cheering them on to finish a tough year.
They deadset didn’t run out of the dressing room, hands on hips, walking, heads down, disgusting performance.
It was perplexing that they’d just not show up.
Same thing happened in round 2 this year.
Forgive me for not predicting wins every week, but I did predict Manly win, that was a given.
I am well aware of our ups and downs as has been that way for a few years but all sides go through those games in a course of a season... except Penrith ATM
I agree that was a shocker as was the Dolphins / Cowboys game this year. Hoping they get less and less
Having said all that i am far from any confidence playing away in front of their home ground

Draginzaaar

Bench
This is the kind of game the McGregor / Griffin coached Dragons lose.
I don't rate Newcastle outside of Ponga and I think their coach is a deadset dud.
Which Dragons turn up though?
I'll be really disappointed if we put in a poor performance this week.
They have made the semis 3 out of the last 4 years with this coach. Oh how I wish we could make the semis. Don't rate the coach? Why are you such a great judge?

jeffdragon

Bench
Not that we've been on free to air much but can't remember the last time we won when 9 were doing our game.
As I'd like to watch the post game but we haven't won much on FNF.
Hastings in at half for them.

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors

What is this shit? No way Flano is serious? April fools was yesterday? Hame Sele dropped for Michael f**king Molo?? If I see that side actually trotted out I'll be giving up before kick off. I thought it would be a while before I saw M Molo again. Please god don't let it be true