What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R5 Knights.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I reckon Sloane will let em bounce if its a wet track and not a sure catch.. its not the end of the world.. but it does bring luck into it, which is not something we have much of at this club.

Letting it bounce is worse than going for the catch, it pretty much tells the opposition i'm an easy target & i'm not confident in my abilities. When a player goes for the catch, they have some control over the ball but when they let it bounce they have zero control.

I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't attempt to catch it. It's an area where he needs to improve drastically. Too often this season he's let the ball bounce & hesitated going for the catch. I have no issues if he makes an attempt to catch it but drops the ball.

TheRev

First Grade
Letting it bounce is worse than going for the catch, it pretty much tells the opposition i'm an easy target & i'm not confident in my abilities. When a player goes for the catch, they have some control over the ball but when they let it bounce they have zero control.

I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't attempt to catch it. It's an area where he needs to improve drastically. Too often this season he's let the ball bounce & hesitated going for the catch. I have no issues if he makes an attempt to catch it but drops the ball.
I do agree with the mentality side of things, and if Sloan was Turbo/Teddy etc.. but in heavy rain, statistically I'd be almost certain Sloan is best not to go for anything he cant get a clean catch on.. let it bounce or let the opponent catch it... and hopefully we can clean up the mess...bombs are not Sloans strong suite even in the dry... spilling it is the worst possible result, gifting the ball back in broken play while he himself is on the ground unable to tackle.