What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R6 // Raiders 12-26 Knights @ GIO // Sat 3.00pm

Round 6 result // Raiders vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burns

First Grade
Strong solid win. Hopefully not at a great cost with how Scott, Boyd and Uate looked at the end.

perverse

Referee
In the end we won comfortably with the penalty count stacked against us and a few injuries during the match.

Mullens steady hand and boot were the difference. You can see the confidence he brings the rest of the team.

chinorocks

Juniors
Great win. Most pleasing aspect being the way they gutsed out those last 20 mins after all the injuries. Beau was terrific again as were Willie, Jarrod and Aku. BJ is an absolute beast, can't believe he didn't score today he must have had about 20 tackle busts.

The best thing about this win is that Mullen got through the 80 minutes. Now he has another week to recoup and heal even more. In the post match he said his hammy is about 90%.

Apey

Staff member
When Clydesdale dummied at the line I actually fell for it, when Gidley dummies it's so god damn obvious.

Swarzey

Bench
We were dominate without having to be brilliant or flashy. Much like the Bulldogs and Storm games last year in the finals, we controlled the speed of the game. Kicking it out may have frustrated their fans :)lol:) but with Mullen's first taste of the speed of the game, we're able to slow down for him to adjust and plan out attack and defence.

No one had a bad game. No one stood out to me as poor which is awesome to see.

Whats Doing

Bench
Dug deep in that second half which was good to see especially with the injuries. Scott was dominant again and Mullo controlled the game with his kicking.

Tets seemed to have a bit more of a motor which is good to see and House stepped up.

But to put into perspective Canberra were very poor in the second half with a completion rate of only 68%.

Noname36

First Grade
That was real gutsy. After what happened to McKinnon my stomached dropped when I saw them putting the neck brace on Snowy. We really toughed it out when we were down to 15 with Uate and Scott on one leg too.

Mullen is just all class but we know that. So great to see him back.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
with like 8 home games in the last 10? to finish the year, if this team stays together we may well end up in the 4, i have no doubt this team will finish in the 8 either way.

Swarzey

Bench
Mullen will get better. His rust was noticeable in his kicking and after seeing him run so much in the Nines, I hope his injury didn't knock his confidence in that area. That said, he was still class across the field. His passing was pretty much perfect, he and Tyrone controlled the speed of the game, defence was flawless.

He may not have had the stamp we thought he would have and perhaps not the stamp needed to grab the attention of the selectors, but it was a mighty fine way to start so.

And Beau Scott is just an absolute machine. Bone on bone in his knee, shouldn't have been out there and STILL belts half their team, scores a try and gets an assist. I feel quite confident in saying that he's the best buy the club has made in over a decade and if anyone is going to stand out in a potential grand final, it's him.

I thought Mullens kicking game was sublime. He could not have done much better. Perhaps his attacking kicks were rusty but his long kicking game was excellent. He has the best long kicking game in the comp.

Latest posts