What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R7 // Knights 6-32 Broncos @ Hunter // Good Fri 7.40pm

Round 7 result :: Knights vs Broncos

• Them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after golden point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
2014teams-new-main.png

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus 3. Dane Gagai 4. Joey Leilua 5. Josh Mantellato
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Kurt Gidley (c) 10. Willie Mason
11. Beau Scott, 12. Chris Houston
13. Jeremy Smith.

Interchange: 14. Adam Clydsdale 15. Korbin Sims 17. Robbie Rochow 18. Zane Tetevano.

2014teams-bri-alt.png

1. Ben Barba
2. Daniel Vidot 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Dale Copley
6. Josh Hoffman 7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Corey Parker
11. Alex Glenn 12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

Interchange: 14. Martin Kennedy 15. Todd Lowrie 16. Ben Hannant 17. Corey Oates 18. Jarrod Wallace

2014ref-pink.jpg

Head referee: Ashley Klein
Assistant referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Luke Patten

VB NSW Cup Round 7
SUN 3:00PM | Newcastle Knights (NEW) v Wyong Roos @ Newcastle #2 Sports Ground

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 7
FRI 5:25PM | Knights v Broncos @ Hunter Stadium​

Last edited:
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joey Leilua
5. Josh Mantellato
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden
9. Kurt Gidley (c)
10. Willie Mason
11. Beau Scott
12. Chris Houston
13. Jeremy Smith

Bench:
14. Adam Clydsdale
15. Korbin Sims
17. Robbie Rochow
18. Zane Tetevano.

Burns

First Grade
Uate out for 3 weeks with a knee injury. It's unlucky, I thought Uate was playing pretty well the past few weeks after an ordinary start to the season.

A big advantage with Mantellato will be his goal kicking, do we think he'll take the duties over Roberts/Gids ?

Noname36

First Grade
Good to see Cuthbo named again. Sad about Aku he was just starting to regain some form.

I think we gain more with Mantellato tbh. Good defender, great under the high ball, tall and evasive. Great goal kicker.

We should beat the broncos. I think we have turned the corner. Barba is horrible out of form and we should be bombing him and hitting him hard on every chance to dent his confidence even more. Our forward pack is much better and our backs and halves absolutely dominate theirs.

Spot On

Coach
Uate out for 3 weeks with a knee injury. It's unlucky, I thought Uate was playing pretty well the past few weeks after an ordinary start to the season.

A big advantage with Mantellato will be his goal kicking, do we think he'll take the duties over Roberts/Gids ?

His height as well. Hope we use it a bit. Can't believe he's only 94kgs. Is that right????

Whats Doing

Bench
Saw the Broncs and Titans match. Do not under estimate the Broncs. Their defence was outstanding and this match will be a real arm wrestle.

Titans started to get on top when they went through the middle late in the match.

This will be the key as well as bombing Barba.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Mantellato is average and hasn't done anything in NSW cup this year. He's tall but built like a twig and regularly gets dominated in a tackle. His D was really poor against the Mounties, too. Offers nothing but aerial ability and good goal kicking (even that's been down)

Should of been Mamo or Chanel.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Mantellato is average and hasn't done anything in NSW cup this year. He's tall but built like a twig and regularly gets dominated in a tackle. His D was really poor against the Mounties, too. Offers nothing but aerial ability and good goal kicking (even that's been down)

These are my thoughts also.

However Mantellato looks to have bulked up a bit this year, so I hope he doesn't get as dominated as his debut game.

Frederick

Staff member
Mantellatos goal kicking has been well down this year. I'd keep Roberts as kicker.

Joker's Wild

Coach

These are my thoughts also.

However Mantellato looks to have bulked up a bit this year, so I hope he doesn't get as dominated as his debut game.

x2 here

Thought he was ordinary as against Mounties and Penrith in Rd 1. He is really slow to turn too

Not sure why he has been given the nod over either of the Mata' bros tbh. Roberts has been kicking well so it cant be that

Noname36

First Grade
I suppose there's also the possibility that Bennett might not actually be planning on playing Mantellato but just named him because someone else is doing to debut (and he never names blokes debuting on the Tuesday).

Probably not the case given he could just name Aku. Mamo is carrying an injury anyway so I doubt he'll debut. Also I'm pretty sure Pat is too young. I'm still expecting to see Mantellato but wouldn't be surprised if Chanel or maybe Mamo (depending on injury status) debut instead.

Dave_

Juniors
I must say I'm quite shocked at the inclusion of Mantellato. What I've seen of him this year hasn't been much chop. As others have pointed out, even his goal kicking is crap now.

Why go with a late bloomer (that hasn't really bloomed) when you have a couple of potential superstar youngsters that are ready for a chance?

Latest posts