What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 | Knights 20-21* Sharks @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 8 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bennett said he's been doing the rotation so that Gids is fresh for the whole match. I don't like it either, I wish he would just have a rest on the bench for a little while so we don't need to mess with the spine.

Early on I recall Bennett saying Gids would be our 7 and would "fit in" to that position. That was before Roberts got some runs and showed some form.
Surely Gids, who was claimed to be one of the fittest players in the comp, can do a full game!
I'd forget any rotation except mixing up Dummy Half a bit like we do. Put Gids in 9, let them settle in, then face the next worry when Bedsy is back.

Yosh

Coach
Just a side note. Anybody else think Luke Lewis was giving the Sharks a rest when he went down late in the game. We were starting to make some easy meters and he seemed fine afterwards.

I must say though, Luke Lewis would just about be my favorite non-newy player. That guy's a winner.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I was at the game on Sunday and now that I have had time to digest it all my thoughts are as follows:

Firstly we played poorly enough that we probably deserved to lose by a fair bit more than 1 point. It really did seem like after the first 20 minutes or so when we were 8-0 up the boys thought that the game was as good as over and didn't really snap out of it until around 10 to go before full time. Pretty disappointing that we lost to a team like the Sharks in our own back yard. I for one take pride in us having a good home record and a team like that beating us just isn't good enough.

Our forwards were absolutely dominated, Luke Lewis and Andrew Fifita made our pack look silly, their pack was making 50-60 metres off each set and we couldn't seem to keep them out of our half. Smith and Scott were big losses for us today, they would have made a massive difference to this. The only forwards from our side who looked like they wanted to get physical were Mason and Snowden, who both made plenty of metres and looked really good.

Gidley... What upsets me a bit is that I think he had his best game for us in the last couple of seasons but tbh is still the player who should shoulder most of the blame for the loss. He just seems to lack common sense sometimes and doesn't seem to read the game all that well. I remember him running the ball on the last tackle at one stage when we should have taken the field goal, it was cringe-worthy. Then he should have kicked deep on another occasion later on rather than throwing the ball to Roberts to take a miracle field goal attempt. Then when he had a the opportunity to ice the game from about 25 metres out he misses with the shot.

Anyway time to move on, hopefully we can pick ourselves up against Canberra.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I think the time your referring to when Gids ran the ball on the last instead of going for a field goal was Waddells fault.
He ran it from dummy half to the line and gave it to Gids when he had Sharks all over him.
That was our moment, just after a break, about 30 meters out I think. Waddell stuffed that one up.

Yosh

Coach
I think the time your referring to when Gids ran the ball on the last instead of going for a field goal was Waddells fault.
He ran it from dummy half to the line and gave it to Gids when he had Sharks all over him.
That was our moment, just after a break, about 30 meters out I think. Waddell stuffed that one up.

Then again as the dominant half in the team he should have called for a pass that would have set him up for a kick. Jory in that situation wouldn't have run with Waddell

Zoidberg

First Grade
Yeah, Jory is heaps better.

Agreed on that but Waddell still should've been looking for a kicker on the last.