What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 | Knights 20-21* Sharks @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 8 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

broncos2010

Juniors
The forward pack was the issue yesterday and after gagai scored that try and gallen went off the players probably thought this is going to be a walk in the park this game.

How wrong they where,cant really blame gidley if he is not getting any go forward from the forwards its hard for him to build with the outside backs saying that I think he did pretty well I just believe boyd is such a lazy player and needs to get more involved he has all the skills required to be an amazing fullback but even when he gets the ball back on kick returns he rather give it to the winger then take it up himself that just shows me how lazy he is there.

Rod

Bench
Boyd ran for 180m and he has a run from dummy half probably every second set at least.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Did notice Darius was heavily involved for the first 20-25 minutes or so and then appeared to go MIA but those stats are still pretty impressive.

Nuffy

Bench
Gids no certainty to be here next year. Not happy camper. From a source in the family there is a distinct lack of self belief as he has to play a structure he cannot settle within. Up to you guys to be judge of that. he is playing on reputation.

We've got Roberts so halfback is sorted for 2014.

I'm surprised that Gids hasn't got with the program, I always felt he was a selfless player when it came to the team but perhaps he's grown accustomed to being the top dog and just can't let go.

There will however only be one winner between Gids and Bennett. Perhaps a stint in England beckons.

It puts his brother in an awkward position, wonder what he thinks?

Frederick

Staff member
Houston continued his run of being supremely ineffective yesterday. Why is it that we seem to have the only back rowers in the comp who can't break the line?

Frederick

Staff member
And before anyone says it, yes I'm aware rochow broke the line yesterday, but it was handed to him on a silver platter, and he bombed a certain try.

Other than that none of our back rowers seem capable of shrugging off defenders

Nuffy

Bench
And before anyone says it, yes I'm aware rochow broke the line yesterday, but it was handed to him on a silver platter, and he bombed a certain try.

Other than that none of our back rowers seem capable of shrugging off defenders

The only two who may be able to do that were sitting in the stands.

Nuffy

Bench
I also understand the point Bennett is making in pushing the responsibility for yesterdays loss back onto the players but plenty of other coaches would have used the fiasco surrounding Wrights second try as an opportunity to batter the refs into submission in the hope of securing a future benefit for their team.

I see that Hayne is quoted as saying that the evidence wasnt conclusive. If he truly believes that, then he should be dropped as a ref for good because he is either incompetent or lying.

Also Mellor should never have been in the video refs box in the first place.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Gids no certainty to be here next year. Not happy camper. From a source in the family there is a distinct lack of self belief as he has to play a structure he cannot settle within. Up to you guys to be judge of that. he is playing on reputation.
Any wonder he can't settle into a structure when he's playing halfback for 25 minutes and then going into hooker for the next 55 ...

Yosh

Coach
For this to be true, I'd be interested if he passes the ball to Darius. I reckon losing his fullback position would hurt him a great deal more than halfback.

Good point. However losing your position to one of the best in the world compared to losing your place to a rookie, after losing your position once already...

Burwood

Bench
Boyd has gotten the slow play the ball and laying down for a penalty out of his game for the last two matches- lets hope Bennett had a word to him and he has moved on from that part of his game.

And as Rod mentioned, Boyd not returning kicks seems to be a tactic to get him involved in a quick scoot from dummy half later in most sets- has been pretty effective so far. And I don't think we lose to much from Jimmy taking the kick return, he always seems to poke his nose through the line and earn a good start to the set.

This has always been Gid's problem.
Unfortunately we can't create a position for him where he can let loose and play "unconfined".
Either he learns to play to position or we decide we don't need a half or hooker and put one of those numbers on his back or he goes.
I reckon he can play to 9 and still have some freedom. We rotate Dummy Half a lot.

Rolla

Juniors
Houston continued his run of being supremely ineffective yesterday. Why is it that we seem to have the only back rowers in the comp who can't break the line?

Because all of our back rowers with good line break potential get played in the front row due to the lack of size we have struggled with. That would be my guess anyway.

Cuthbo
Mason
KOD
Tets
Sims

These guys could all be line breaking back rowers. I guess Zeb is the only one we have had in recent years.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
This has always been Gid's problem.
Unfortunately we can't create a position for him where he can let loose and play "unconfined".
Either he learns to play to position or we decide we don't need a half or hooker and put one of those numbers on his back or he goes.
I reckon he can play to 9 and still have some freedom. We rotate Dummy Half a lot.
Wayne's gone on the record in previous weeks saying the reason for perhaps our "inconsistency" is because he hasn't been able to stick with the same 1,6,7,9 combination on a regular basis.

Well Mullo's been cleared of structural damage, so lets go with Boyd, Mullen, Roberts and Gidley for a little while and see how that goes. Time to ditch the Gidley to halfback and Roberts to the bench idea.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Bennett said he's been doing the rotation so that Gids is fresh for the whole match. I don't like it either, I wish he would just have a rest on the bench for a little while so we don't need to mess with the spine.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just a side note. Anybody else think Luke Lewis was giving the Sharks a rest when he went down late in the game. We were starting to make some easy meters and he seemed fine afterwards.

Nuffy

Bench
Some clubs get home town decisions, the refs tonight are blowing crowd penalties at will in the Manly / Saints game.

Nuffy

Bench
Just a side note. Anybody else think Luke Lewis was giving the Sharks a rest when he went down late in the game. We were starting to make some easy meters and he seemed fine afterwards.

Absolute minted certainty, there was two to go in the game and they had a chance to close the game out in a final effort. Perfect chance to give everyone a chance to catch their breath for the final effort.

Miraculous recovery after a nice rest particularly as they actually signaled for the stretcher!