What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R8 | Knights 20-21* Sharks @ Hunter | Sun 2.00pm

Round 8 result :: Knights vs Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nuffy

Bench
I really thought that when Bennett joined us, we'd get the rub of the green from refs but today showed we are still shabbily treated. There is no home town decisions when we play at home. They were allowed so much latitude in the ruck, the two teams were getting reffed totally differently and that made their go forward so much more effective.

The less said about the 2nd Wright try the better, it was a dead set knock on and the fact that a former Sharks player was part of the decision making process just rubs salt into the wound. Wrong on so many levels.

Bennett must be tearing out his limited amount of hair because we just aren't up for games we should be, the Sharks was always a danger game and we played into their hands. When the tempo lifted, we couldn't go with them. We just stood back in defence which allowed them to get a head of steam and punch through us.

We also played really dumb football in the 2nd half, taking shots at FG from 40 out with a strong breeze was never going to work, we just don't take enough high percentage options, its always the miracle play.

The Waddell experiment is over for me, his service is slow and inaccurate and he doesn't threaten the line. The other negative is that is creates havoc in attack with Roberts taking far longer than necessary to work into a game.

As soon as it went to golden point, our goose was cooked, our record is really poor and we were into a strong breeze again for the first part of GP which meant that we needed to adjust our tactics, alas we didnt, instead of kicking low and into the corners in the last couple of minutes of GP, we were still working for a miracle FG instead of playing the percentages and waiting for the 2nd part of GP and the wind at our back.

The real tragedy is that it was a game we would have pencilled in for a win and frankly should have won. We now face the Raiders at their home and on balance will struggle to win that and then we will fall back in the pack. All because we were complacent and lacked enthusiasm against the Sharks.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I really thought that when Bennett joined us, we'd get the rub of the green from refs but today showed we are still shabbily treated. There is no home town decisions when we play at home. They were allowed so much latitude in the ruck, the two teams were getting reffed totally differently and that made their go forward so much more effective.

The less said about the 2nd Wright try the better, it was a dead set knock on and the fact that a former Sharks player was part of the decision making process just rubs salt into the wound. Wrong on so many levels.

Bennett must be tearing out his limited amount of hair because we just aren't up for games we should be, the Sharks was always a danger game and we played into their hands. When the tempo lifted, we couldn't go with them. We just stood back in defence which allowed them to get a head of steam and punch through us.

We also played really dumb football in the 2nd half, taking shots at FG from 40 out with a strong breeze was never going to work, we just don't take enough high percentage options, its always the miracle play.

The Waddell experiment is over for me, his service is slow and inaccurate and he doesn't threaten the line. The other negative is that is creates havoc in attack with Roberts taking far longer than necessary to work into a game.

As soon as it went to golden point, our goose was cooked, our record is really poor and we were into a strong breeze again for the first part of GP which meant that we needed to adjust our tactics, alas we didnt, instead of kicking low and into the corners in the last couple of minutes of GP, we were still working for a miracle FG instead of playing the percentages and waiting for the 2nd part of GP and the wind at our back.

The real tragedy is that it was a game we would have pencilled in for a win and frankly should have won. We now face the Raiders at their home and on balance will struggle to win that and then we will fall back in the pack. All because we were complacent and lacked enthusiasm against the Sharks.
Bingo.

I mentioned it before, but not taking the two at 14-all was just another part of this "dumb football" you speak of in the 2nd half.

We only touched the ball once in GP and we went for the miracle play. Kick to the corner would have been the better option.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
Can I also add that I wish that De Gois was still on the books, without Bedsy we are really found wanting in the hooking area.

Zoidberg

First Grade
So angry grrrrr.
Just when i start thinking we got something good going here, we lose a game we should win.

That is all.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Shouldn't surprise you. We've always won games not many people give us a chance in and struggle in the ones we're specials in.

That's an issue with Golden Point for me - it focuses on an aspect of the game that really doesn't feature, field goals. For sure you need field position to get a field goal but I'd rather see 10 full mins each way than a game that is won by a Golden Point.

I reckon Golden Point partially has to do with broadcasting trying to minimise the amount of extra time so a game doesn't go too far over.

Apey

Staff member
Waddle makes me rage. Not our biggest problem but still rageworthy.

Swarzey

Bench
The thing about Waddle is that he's young and he's really just been thrown into big shoes. It doesn't help when you're shifted on and off the field for Gids.

Speak of which, I thought he was tremendous except for the final 10. Sharks players were rushing him every time and they were expecting him to go for the point, from where I was sitting (Southern corner of the Western stand), we had an overlap and with Uate and Gagai solid under the high ball, all Gids had to do was a small chip over their heads and we would have sealed it.

hugzy

Juniors
The thing about Waddle is that he's young and he's really just been thrown into big shoes. It doesn't help when you're shifted on and off the field for Gids.

Speak of which, I thought he was tremendous except for the final 10. Sharks players were rushing him every time and they were expecting him to go for the point, from where I was sitting (Southern corner of the Western stand), we had an overlap and with Uate and Gagai solid under the high ball, all Gids had to do was a small chip over their heads and we would have sealed it.

the person who might've done that went off injured

that was the most revolting game i've seen since 2007... we couldn't have thrown it away any harder

Swarzey

Bench
the person who might've done that went off injured

that was the most revolting game i've seen since 2007... we couldn't have thrown it away any harder

Yeah, that was the problem. I was expecting Gids to step up and fill his role. If Mullo stayed on, then I'm confident we would have won the game. By a try or a field goal.

Yosh

Coach
Snowden was fantastic. Mason was fantastic also. Kidley played well. I think Darius always very solid games for us.

Pity we lost...

Whats Doing

Bench
The bloke who needs to step up is Roberts.

He just isn't delivering as a half and he has been there now 12 months.

The bloke who needs to step up is Roberts.

He just isn't delivering as a half and he has been there now 12 months.

Pretty sure he has stood up on numerous occasions. Plus it's very difficult to come into halfback at the 25th minute then try and get any sort authority as a half.

Yosh

Coach
Kidley does not pass to him lol....

Does anybody think there might be disharmony in the team because Kidley doesn't get to play his preferred position? I'm not suggesting their is but we don't look as fluid in attack as we did at the start of the year.

Robbie'o'Davis

Juniors
Game was a rollercoaster...

Dud calls all around which cost us the game, and roberts brain snap passing it to a cronulla player on 5th tackle when we had good field position, which ultimately lead to them scoring killed me..

$20 on gagai first tryscoer into knights 1-12 at $22-1 is what hurt most..

Silent Knight

First Grade

Does anybody think there might be disharmony in the team because Kidley doesn't get to play his preferred position? I'm not suggesting their is but we don't look as fluid in attack as we did at the start of the year.

This. Last time I checked Roberts was playing great football until Gidley came back into the side, then he started seeing a lot less ball. Also this rotation policy between Gids and Roberts is beyond a f***ing joke. Mullen and Roberts should be our dominant playmakers, not Gidley. If Gidley isn't stamped for dummy half from here on in, ship him off to England.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
$20 on gagai first tryscoer into knights 1-12 at $22-1 is what hurt most..

No offence mate but I never understand why punters go for those options. Picking a first try scorer is bloody hard enough without tacking a winning margin on top of it. Bookies laugh all the way to the bank with those options.

Not only that but you got jibbed by odds of 22-1. Gagai FTS should have been about 11-1 and Knights 1-12 3-1, so about 33-1.

starting to think we will be looking for a new halfback in 2014 and it is due to a rotation policy which has taken the edge off our attack. No surprise Tyrone scored when off the leash.

Last edited:
Gids no certainty to be here next year. Not happy camper. From a source in the family there is a distinct lack of self belief as he has to play a structure he cannot settle within. Up to you guys to be judge of that. he is playing on reputation.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

For this to be true, I'd be interested if he passes the ball to Darius. I reckon losing his fullback position would hurt him a great deal more than halfback.