What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Make ANZ Stadium Home For 10 Years

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In fact, I'd suggest they go as far as giving Soufs v Eastssss it's own forum :sarcasm:

Stagger eel said:
great news for the dogs..

it's nice that those precocious little darlings aren't the only ones benefiting from this..

why did it take souths management to negotiate their deal first for the dogs to copy.

its great all RL clubs can benefit but well done to souths for being good negotiators

ozzie said:
hey is this in the NRL forum...get a life. Yes I know the difference between a Canterbury and a Kangaroo - its a bit like knowing the difference between a Rabbitoh and a good bunch of supporters. Miles apart.

The main point I was trying to make is that Souths were not the first team to play in America as they are trumpeting...
:lol:

Aaron_sfas said:
its never ceases to amaze me how many overtly anti-souths people there are these days. jealosy is a horrible thing. if you want to see the future of rugby league, you look at souths business model.

and before you say we wont fill anz, think back to when people said souths new administration couldnt save it... we came 7th last year. and even if you say we arent a success on the field, we are fast becoming the most successful off the field.

spot on.

i cant see why souths cant get at least 30,000 average with 5 - 10 yrs, then watch all the other sydney clubs start getting big crowds too.

why a s**t sport like AFL gets bigger crowds than us is a joke

Ziggy the God said:
Is it alright with you that every Souths fan on this site thinks that you are a trolling pharkwit who continually throws snide remarks our way. How does an uneducated buffoon like you become a moderator?

How about you concern your pea brain towards trying to get your club to push the code of League, rather than other sports, and also try to sell more than a few hundred season tickets.

have a look at the thread on TFC, hes not the only egghead mod on here.

maybe that the criteria to get the gig.

Timmah

Staff member
dallymessenger said:
why did it take souths management to negotiate their deal first for the dogs to copy.

its great all RL clubs can benefit but well done to souths for being good negotiators

You'll find that the 'Dogs had the deal available to them first. ;-) We're also locked in there two years longer.

Anything to keep us away from that god-awful Showground.

Timmah

Staff member
dallymessenger said:
spot on.

i cant see why souths cant get at least 30,000 average with 5 - 10 yrs, then watch all the other sydney clubs start getting big crowds too.

why a s**t sport like AFL gets bigger crowds than us is a joke

You do realise the only reason the SS crowd average was so high in 2007 was due to the Good Friday game reaping a 34,315 strong crowd... against a team that plays it's home games at the same ground and in fact represented the majority of supporters on that particular day?

Soufs have US to thank for their crowd average last year, not their own popularity.

yobbo84

Coach
Timmah said:
You do realise the only reason the SS crowd average was so high in 2007 was due to the Good Friday game reaping a 34,315 strong crowd... against a team that plays it's home games at the same ground and in fact represented the majority of supporters on that particular day?

Soufs have US to thank for their crowd average last year, not their own popularity.

A. You're a moron.
B. I was there that day, and it was probably 50-50, if not leaning towards a Souths majority. The fact the Dogs fans packed one end of the Stadium and made twice as much noise made it seem like there were more.
C. :lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Was clearly a Dog fans majority that night. Easy.

You'll find that the 'Dogs had the deal available to them first. We're also locked in there two years longer.

I think hes talkin about the lock up, own change room type deal.

I'd say the dogs were happy with what was initially offered, Ifanyhting, to me Souths look somewhat insecure in their need for their own sheds.
Though if thats what it takes to make it "seem" like a home for them...LOL

It will always be a generic stadium to muliple teams and codes.

Timmah said:

i dont mind the dogs so stop trying to egg me on.

yes the dogs crowds are good, but on the park they have been a strong side now for 20 years.

4 premierships in the 80s, one in the 90s and one in 2004. 6 comps in 20 years, great achivement.

souths have struggled for ages, last making the semis in 89 and not winning a GF since 1971.

and on top of getting kicked out of the comp. they had a poor winning record before the new owners took over.

with all those negatives against them, that their crowds are so big so quickly is fantastic.

if souths become a regular semi final side theyll crack 20,000 easy. and when they inevitably win their next GF, 30,000 will be the target.

the dogs are another club i can see breaking 20,000 fairly soon too.

homebush just allows clubs to grow the crowds. good public transport and central location are clearly a help

innsaneink said:
Was clearly a Dog fans majority that night. Easy.

I think hes talkin about the lock up, own change room type deal.

I'd say the dogs were happy with what was initially offered, Ifanyhting, to me Souths look somewhat insecure in their need for their own sheds.
Though if thats what it takes to make it "seem" like a home for them...LOL

It will always be a generic stadium to muliple teams and codes.

yes change rooms etc.

i think maybe you are insecure for making that comment because the tigers dont get the same deal.

its a nice thing to get. as its supposed to be your home ground, the dressing rooms should reflect that. you want to make your home ground feel more like yours rather than a neutral venue

Timmah

Staff member
Problem is, due to the large volume of games that it really IS a neutral venue.

If you want to be particular it's more the 'Dogs home ground than anyone else... we've played there in one form or another since it opened in 1999.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Timmah said:
:?

ziggy, Sonic Star was the one spreading hearsay and bullsh*t, SE was correcting him. Noad has clarified what us members wanted to know about our facilities and tenancy at that ground.

I think your lot being paranoid that everyone is trolling your every post is a bigger concern.

How was I spreading hearsay and bullsh*t ?
Because I said Noad will be gone? Thats what i'm hearing from the Bulldogs camp.
If i'm right i'm right, If i'm wrong i'm wrong. Either way I don't really care.

Staggering Eel is a troll and has the education of Dennis Fitzgerald, which isn't something to be proud of.

Timmah

Staff member
How was I spreading hearsay and bullsh*t ?
Because I said Noad will be gone? Thats what i'm hearing from the Bulldogs camp.

Hearsay.

Bullsh*t.

In case you've forgotten, his future comes down to next Monday's vote.

Unless you're a psychic and can read minds, you, nor anyone else here will know the result until those votes have been cast.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Timmah said:
Hearsay.

Bullsh*t.

In case you've forgotten, his future comes down to next Monday's vote.

Unless you're a psychic and can read minds, you, nor anyone else here will know the result until those votes have been cast.

I gave my opinion on it based on what i've been told. I don't care if i'm correct, i wont come back here and brag about it. I won't care if i'm wrong either.

As for comments on crowds, some of the biggest crowds in NSW involved the Rabbitohs.
Souths v Bulldogs, i was there, it was more 50/50 than anything.
Souths v Roosters was over 30k and just short of the bulldogs game, it was more like 70/30 Souths fans.
Souths v Wests tigers was sold out as soon as tickets went on sale pretty much, which havn't been done in a long time.
Give some credit to the Souths fans, before saying Hearsay and Bullsh*t that we should be thanking everyone else first.

Timmah

Staff member
Souths v Bulldogs, i was there, it was more 50/50 than anything.
Souths v Roosters was over 30k and just short of the bulldogs game, it was more like 70/30 Souths fans.
Souths v Wests tigers was sold out as soon as tickets went on sale pretty much, which havn't been done in a long time.
Give some credit to the Souths fans, before saying Hearsay and Bullsh*t that we should be thanking everyone else first.

Hearsay and bullsh*t was about Noad you fool. As for your claims, there was definitely more Bulldogs fans at Good Friday.
Souths v Roosters I will agree, Roosters don't travel.
And Souths v Wests Tigers was a Tigers home game at Leichhardt :?

innsaneink

Referee
dallymessenger said:
yes change rooms etc.

i think maybe you are insecure for making that comment because the tigers dont get the same deal.

its a nice thing to get. as its supposed to be your home ground, the dressing rooms should reflect that. you want to make your home ground feel more like yours rather than a neutral venue

Haha...insecure, good one moron.
I want us out of the sh*thole.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Timmah said:
Hearsay and bullsh*t was about Noad you fool. As for your claims, there was definitely more Bulldogs fans at Good Friday.
Souths v Roosters I will agree, Roosters don't travel.
And Souths v Wests Tigers was a Tigers home game at Leichhardt :?

Don't worry Timmah. By his account that means we can claim the Bulldogs vs Souths game as well!

Dogs have had some great crowds as home games in that stadium. Before Souths decided that Good Friday games between the Bulldogs and Souths should be souths home games, the Bulldogs hosted the Broncos and got a then record 30K crowd.

Hopefully Noad revisits that agreement. Should be alternating home games, the Easter Show deals make it always a game that is going to get a 25K crowd.

Sonic Star

Juniors
it means Souths travels to games just as much as the bulldogs do.
Souths v Bulldogs was the biggest crowd attendence in NSW for season game 34315
second biggest in NSW for a season game 32125 Souths V roosters.
third biggest game in NSW Bulldogs and Eels 27201

What do all these games have in common?
They are all played at ANZ stadium.

I'm not disputing that Bulldogs don't get good crowds, you're the one disputing that Souths do. Which is stupid of you. at the moment our Season tickets are 5188 thousand and rising which is more good news for us as last year it was only 3300 thousand.

Souths and Bulldogs have the best support in sydney by far and in 2008 one of those clubs will have the biggest crowds for NSW team.

Latest posts