What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Make ANZ Stadium Home For 10 Years

aarondoyle

Juniors
Beavers Headgear said:
Didn't Crowe want to build a stadium or something ? remember hearing about it last year

I had been wondering that. One to share with Lapaglia's Sydney FC.

ozzie

Bench
Midnight Rabbit said:
It would be nice to be back at the SFS but only the mentally dimwitted can't see how impressive this deal is.
why did I read our home at the SFS. Glad you didn't because there will be enough traffic on the ground as it is..and as the rest of the comp knows it is't your home crowd. Even you know it's not your ground. so I apologise for mis-reading your thread

ozzie

Bench
Brycey said:
Not saying its good or bad, but Souths are moving further and further away from the 'working mans' team. Its not really their title noaw.
don't dunny carters wear Memari's or Auranis or the brand pf suits that Souths wear?

Galeforce

Bench
souths have a wider appeal , so makes sense to expand and be prepared to play of of the area when it makes financial sense, and this is the deal now. to vast majority of supporters success is more important than playing and perhaps losing in ones backyard.

also if the deal is an extension of current deal , Souths get a guaranteed $s per game ( was around $100k per game) and get a share of gate after an agreed crowd ( from memory it was 15000 -- someone can correct me) and also full rights to sales of souths gear.

so if souths can get the crowd up , the additional windfalls begin.

Given this goes out 10 years and inflation will make $1m a year less attractive , assume there are some additional conditions that provide a benefit to Souths for this , in addition to the souths private locker room.

ByRd

First Grade
From the Bulldogs site:

I would like to clarify a story that appeared in the newspaper today regarding the Rabbitohs and the announcement of their new deal with ANZ Stadium.

Firstly, let me congratulate South Sydney on this long-term deal. They obviously recognised the huge benefits in playing at the best stadium in the Southern Hemisphere, as we did several years ago.

I’m very happy to make it clear to our Members that we have a commitment from ANZ Stadium that as its first long-term tenants we will always have a parity with any present and future tenants, and will continue to work together on initiatives that enhance the facilities for our players, staff and fans. This includes the Bulldogs own lock-up change room facilities come 2009.

Regards

Malcolm Noad

ozzie said:
don't dunny carters wear Memari's or Auranis or the brand pf suits that Souths wear?

hey, good to see a roosters man trolling a souths thread.

you worked out the difference yet between the Bulldogs and the Kangaroos.

ive been looking for that link to the game the bulldogs played in america and i cant find it.

wonder why

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Why not move every other team in the NRL there too. Then change the name of the body running the game to the HRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
Galeforce said:
also if the deal is an extension of current deal , Souths get a guaranteed $s per game ( was around $100k per game) and get a share of gate after an agreed crowd ( from memory it was 15000 -- someone can correct me) and also full rights to sales of souths gear.

so if souths can get the crowd up , the additional windfalls begin.

Still doesn't sound that great deal if they get 15,000 people that's 200k to the stadium and 100k to Souths.

Slackboy72 said:
When was the last time you went to either?

SFS - Tri Nations final, 25 November 2006
ANZ Stadium - Tigers vs. Saints, 13 May 2007.

It's an absolute piece of piss to get to the SFS from Central. If you're feeling a little energetic you walk down Foveaux Street. Otherwise you get a special event bus from the Chalmers Street entrance of the station.

Both of which are easier and take less time than catching a train out to Lidcombe then walking to the sprint platform, catching the Olympic Park train and then walking to the ANZ Stadium.