What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Match

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea spot on woody, if this game was at the SFS we could have a pretty good atmosphere pumping

at telstra we'll be lucky if the players can hear us

woodgers

Bench
I would have been tempted to travel up there had it been the SFS. They predict that ACT sportsgrounds may still be closed on Saturday so I would have had the option to jump in the car as well.

Bay56

First Grade
we're aiming at getting to the Tigers game in a couple of weeks ... unfortunately this weekend is out although my daughter is still banging on the 'cmon dad, lets go' door

Bay56

First Grade
huh, Princess says she's just been asked to work this Sat so prob solved

I'd say we are def starters for the Tigs game, I think, err yea maybe ??

Any tips on the Campbelltown Stadium will be helpful ...

1. where to park
2. doggy neighbourhood
3. etc

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
A few years back i used to just walk to the field from my place (like an hour walk)..

Its not that bad, the Staduim is located in Leumeah which is pretty good, you can park at the Wests League which is basically 10 seconds from the field or do what i do, which is park near the houses located next to the Petrol station (about 1min from the field).

makes for an easy exit since the traffic gets crazy after the game for those parking at the club.

Ill be at the game, hopefully this time i dont get any crazy tiger fans trying to make it a 1 v 30 fight again.

Raider_69

Post Whore
its campbelltown bay, the entire city is dodgey area!!
park at the stadium, near a video camera!

peter_raiders

Juniors
You can park anywhere around there its not very busy. There's a new car park just been built i think if i remember correctly when i went past it. If parking is full you can always just park at maccas which is about a 5-10 min walk.

Bay56 said:
Any tips on the Campbelltown Stadium will be helpful ...

1. where to park
2. doggy neighbourhood
3. etc

Big tip...DON'T GO!!

Ah the Cambo faithfull...would be a nice ground to attend if not for the locals.

You can park in many streets surrounding the ground, or even on the other side of the rail tracks in the industrial bit which is only a short stroll to the ground. I've been twice, once in my old Sigma which didn't get touched, so it isn't that bad if you park in the populated area...although the ACT number plates might make you a target.

Bay56

First Grade
WTF ??

so are you guys suggesting to give it a wide berth

are you guys going .... dont want to be the only Raiders fans there who'll be burnt at the stake when we belt their arses on the field

JL Bunny

Juniors
Loz said:
Don't encourage me... :lol: :crazy:

I love this :crazy: smilie...

:crazy:

I'm guessing ur the ockerette of the Raiders Army hehe... ahhhh bring it on sista! :crazy: Doin' the happy dance!

Raider Azz

Bench
we'll probably still go to campbeltown this year. but yeah a couple of incidents made it a pretty crappy experience all round last year. i'd probably think about giving it a miss if i was you bay, especially if you were going to bring the family.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bay56 said:
WTF ??

so are you guys suggesting to give it a wide berth

are you guys going .... dont want to be the only Raiders fans there who'll be burnt at the stake when we belt their arses on the field

i agree with azz, campbelltown is not the place for a family vibe, too much scum around and about, ill be there simply because its a sydney game and i hate missing games i can easily attend, but if i were you, in all honest, id maybe look at another sydney game to make if thats what ya's want to do

that said if you do come, you should be fairly safe and comfortably assuming the army get a decent turn out

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
yea last year some tiger fans almost jumped me and a friend after the game...the same idiot and his group started fighting with the RA..i think.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Yeh, sounds like the bloke we encountered. I would be going this year, but got a weekend away with the missus planned ;)