What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 8 - Vs Storm

I wonder if the storm will put 40 or 50+ plus on us tonight will dudmetriou get the sack ? we have hit rock bottom what are you waiting for souths sack dudmetriou who said he could coach? and how dumb was it to extend his coaching contract lol.im not looking forward to tonights game infact ile be petrified to watch it

callmack1

Staff member
Good morning my fellow South Sydney members and fans, rise and shine. An incredibly special day today. Anzac day. One of the most important and significant days of the year as we commemorate and remember those who laid down their lives for us so that we could live the life we do now. We would not be here without them. Take a moment today to reflect and remember them. Lest we forget.

2024 is an especially special Anzac Day for us as for the first time since 2014, it also doubles as game day. That's right, we're playing on Anzac Day. Tonight, we take on the Storm in Melbourne on one of Rugby League's most honored and special stages, this day in Melbourne. That is extremely special and is such an honor, I hope the boys do the significance of this day justice tonight. It's going to be huge.

We all know our record against the Storm in Melbourne. 18 games throughout history, 18 losses. It is well and truly a hoodoo, and it goes beyond just having a few bad nights there. It is now phycological. We just don't win there. Coupled with the injuries we have and how atrocious we have been, it's hard to see how we win tonight, it really is. The Storm are such a good side and while they haven't exactly been playing brilliantly themselves lately, they are a top side full of talent and will be right up there with the best of them again this year. Our backs are massively against the wall tonight.

Despite all this, I have somehow woken up today feeling really positive about this game. I don't know what it is. I have just felt better and better about it as the week's gone on. It's strange. Why do I feel that way? I have no reason to really, but I just do. Today just have a different feel about it. It's Anzac Day, we'll be full of emotion, are wearing a special jersey, coming off a bye and we have a new member of the coaching staff. I dunno, it just has that feeling about it for me. I know I'm crazy.

Just imagine if we could do it. Just imagine. First win in Melbourne, on Anzac Day, given the way we're going. God, I'd probably cry. It'd be up there with our greatest ever wins.

So, I wait with anticipation. I will go to a ceremony soon and pay my respects, and I'm sure from then on, the nerves will grow.

Channel the Anzac spirit and let's do this boys!!

Thumper

Juniors
Game thread moron take your dribble from your friend of a friend of a cousins friend to the correct thread please
Your message gave me A good chuckle for the morning. Sisters best friends cousins dog told me that the southsydneyrabbitohs guy needs to get a life.

Hellray

Juniors
Your message gave me A good chuckle for the morning. Sisters best friends cousins dog told me that the southsydneyrabbitohs guy needs to get a life.
I went to the Anzac service and a ghost told me his grandmother heard south’s were looking at some players. It’s time that clown is muted. It’s turning into his own “dear diary”

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well game Day is upon us a special one at that being ANZAC Day lest we forget! Tonight we go down on what is for us the toughest trip in the NRL! That’s right we take on the Storm down there and what an occasion it is tonight. It’s certainly not going to be easy at all 18 attempts down there for 18 losses it sure is a massive hoodoo. We have got close before but just can’t seem to do it. The Storm are flying top of the ladder we all know what they bring. We will have to be right on our game the whole 80mins to have any hope otherwise clock off for 20mins either side if half time or the back end of halves and they’ll pull our pants down. I can’t say I’m feeling confident but dig deep boys and show some grit and resilience. I’m looking forward to seeing Jye Gray go around tonight again and how he goes. We will need to stop Munster and Grant to even get close to them.

To those that have made the trip down I hope the boys do us proud. The day we beat them down there when it happens I won’t be able to hold my emotions in. It will be one of our best ever wins. Get in there boys and do us proud!

I am looking forward to seeing if Furner has been able to improve our defence even just a little bit. I have faith in Furnsy to help improve this area.

Also Jai I wish you a good return tonight and getting through the game unscathed.

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS ON YOUR FEET AT 7:48PM TONIGHT SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WE STAND!! WEAR THE COLOURS PROUDLY AND LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY!!!

speedster

Juniors
When you're at the top end of the ladder, you get nervous before big games. But down the bottom, there are no nerves, just a sense of resignation and sadness with a just a tinge of forlorn hope. We've traded anxiety for depression this season thus far. Back to the bad old days.

I miss my game day anxiety. Just bummed instead. Would be quite the upset if we could perform a miracle tonight but my nerves are completely settled pre-kickoff.

A miracle only happens speedster when your wearing a pair of those have faith/rose coloured glasses mate lol im a realist i don't own a pair and never will ile remain a realist it works for me.

A miracle only happens speedster when your wearing a pair of those have faith/rose coloured glasses mate lol im a realist i don't own a pair and never will ile remain a realist it works for me.
There’s still a heartbeat pumping and the entire game will be hoping you can win, but as you’ve said, the boys are fighting the internal evil pitted against them as much as the storm.

Most of them are fighting a war on two fronts.

It’s hard to suck in the coaches instructions when he’s basically a game by game proposition.

If it’s a drubbing, I expect he should resign as the honourable thing to do but of course, his incompetent masters will remain.

He should take a leaf out of seibolds book and hunker down and hope that he gets another gig. And full credit to Seibs for admitting leaving South’s was very poor judgment based on promises made to him that were unfurfilled. But the story is Manly said they liked the fact that he admitted he wasn’t up to it at the Broncos.

And JD when he resigns or is pushed should make the same admission, spend a few years back with Bennett and maybe get another opportunity in the future.

A lot of these coaches can’t admit failure and their pride and hubris does them no favours.

He will get more respect that way.

It’s takes real courage to own failure and admit errors. Then you can move forward.

As you say, it’s time for truth. The longer the club remains in denial mode, the harder it is to climb out of.

The current rubbish at the club is eroding and cheapening the lustre of the red and the green. You are becoming just another club, sneaking about selling fantasy stories that all is good.

Get off your knees and stand up on your own two feet. This is a war for the very soul of your club.

A call to arms, fight the powers that be.

Last edited:
That’s interesting.

Kid at work is an ex panther junior who eventually ended up at easts.

He would agree with Rusty.

We were taking about the younger Cleary today and he said he’d missed the gene pool hence hes off to Warriors.

Rusty should look at Zac Clarke from our WT juniors, a well placed spy tells me Benji has an eye on him. He’s going to be massive in a few years.

I saw him play this year, so dominant.

I think your boys will put up a fight, but will eventually be overcome.

Happy to be proven wrong.

My wife and I have a soft spot for the wests tigers I guess its the pure authentic battlers mentality that shines thru with both our clubs.

There’s still a heartbeat pumping and the entire game will be hoping you can win, but as you’ve said, the boys are fighting the internal evil pitted against them as much as the storm.

It’s hard to suck in the coaches instructions when he’s basically a game by game proposition.

If it’s a drubbing, I expect he should resign as the honourable thing to do but of course, his incompetent masters will remain.

He should take a leaf out of seibolds book and hunker down and hope that he gets another gig. And full credit to Seibs for admitting leaving South’s was very poor judgment based on promises made to him that were unfurfilled. But the story is Manly said they liked the fact that he admitted he wasn’t up to it at the Broncos.

And JD when he resigns or is pushed should make the same admission, spend a few years back with Bennett and maybe get another opportunity in the future.

A lot of these coaches can’t admit failure and their pride and hubris does them no favours.

It’s takes real courage to own failure and admit errors. Then you can move forward.

As you say, it’s time for truth. The longer the club remains in denial mode, the harder it is to climb out of.

The current rubbish at the club is eroding and cheapening the lustre of the red and the green. You are becoming just another club, sneaking about selling fantasy stories that all is good.

Get off your knees and stand up on your own two feet. This is a war for the very soul of your club.

Great vid yo man.

We need these boys in this vid in the sheds before kick off and in the burrow when we play the purple puke tonight in Melbourne.