What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Round 9 - Vs Panthers

callmack1

Staff member
Rise and shine South Sydney members and supporters!!! It's game dayyyy!! A strange feeling waking up today as I just feel emotionless again, kind of like I did for the Sharks game. It doesn't even really feel like game day given the circus that's going on currently. Such a strange feeling.

We take on Penrith tonight in what is sure to be a monumental clash in the context of our Season. Another drubbing, which is most likely, and we're dead and buried, but show a response to this fiasco and fight back, and we may have reason to have hope. I'm not confident, Penrith are still the benchmark.

It's a new era today and I'd just love to see some kind of response. Some kind of bounce back.

Us and the Panthers has become a big rivalry, but it feels flat this year. Sick of losing to these pricks, sick of them having the wood on us, sick of their smug attitude, I'm sick of everything they represent. I've made my feelings towards the Panthers no secret for the last couple of years, so I won't ramble on about it, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it's pure hatred. I'm sure Panthers fans now feel the same.

Big day, let's goooooo!!

Glory, Glory.

Rise and shine South Sydney members and supporters!!! It's game dayyyy!! A strange feeling waking up today as I just feel emotionless again, kind of like I did for the Sharks game. It doesn't even really feel like game day given the circus that's going on currently. Such a strange feeling.

We take on Penrith tonight in what is sure to be a monumental clash in the context of our Season. Another drubbing, which is most likely, and we're dead and buried, but show a response to this fiasco and fight back, and we may have reason to have hope. I'm not confident, Penrith are still the benchmark.

It's a new era today and I'd just love to see some kind of response. Some kind of bounce back.

Us and the Panthers has become a big rivalry, but it feels flat this year. Sick of losing to these pricks, sick of them having the wood on us, sick of their smug attitude, I'm sick of everything they represent. I've made my feelings towards the Panthers no secret for the last couple of years, so I won't ramble on about it, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say it's pure hatred. I'm sure Panthers fans now feel the same.

Big day, let's goooooo!!

Glory, Glory.

SOUTHS2WIN

Blues Riff

Bench
We fans are actually very respectful of all other clubs. None of the one's I know take our recent success for granted. Hatred certainly has no place in a winning culture.
My late brother was a Souths fan and I marched with him to get them reinstated.
What Penrith actually "represent" is local working class people, home grown talent developed in the area they play out of - a bit like your club was.
I get that you're sick of losing. We've all been there. Remember your glory days? The words of your Glory Glory song could easily be interpretted as "smug".
I hope your club finds it's feet soon, but not tonight. I think it will be a tough game. I expect to win, but it won't be a flogging. It wouldn't shock me if Souths win. I'd hate it, but not Souths.

Rabbits20

Immortal

It’s Game Day again my fellow Souths faithful everyone get your colours on this afternoon! What a tumultuous time it’s been for our club it’s been a rough time and a rough start to the season a very rough start. We thank JD for giving his everything to our club but we had to have that change. So it kind of feels like a bit of a fresh start tonight. It’s not all on JD though the players and management need to have a long hard look at themselves and nobody should feel fully safe as what we have served up has been fair dinkum piss poor and not good enough. We get Hornby now as the interim he’s been with us 5 years as an assistant so now he gets to show what he has. Yes it’s a Thursday Night tonight but let’s all make the effort to get out there and get behind our boys even in these tough times. Tonight we take on a juggernaut in Penrith we all know what they have done the last few years and we can’t stand these blokes but what a machine they are. So it’ll be extremely tough tonight.

Looking at Penrith there is no Cleary but that won’t matter Schneider will come in and do a good job. They have Edwards who doesn’t stop at the back, To’o, Turuva etc…. Luai and then such a strong pack up front. As we know they’re so fit and well drilled like an oiled machine and they get stronger as the game goes by. For us we need to see a response show some resolve and grit and fight hard and have a red got go. I want to see some enthusiasm and spirit cmon boys take pride in helping your mate out there work hard and will be in the game for a period of time. Cmon boys turn up with the right attitude I don’t mind if we lose but don’t give up keep giving it your best. Damien 200th tonight as well mate so all the best you legend tonight on this massive milestone and go well. We have 9 of our top 36 backs out and about 14 of our top 36 out so we certainly have nearly half our squad on the sideline. Cheeks will move to centre and hopefully he can do a job for us. We need to match them in the middle as best we can and hold the ball and be disciplined get into the arm wrestle. LINE SPEED SOUTHS SHOW SOME LINE SPEED KICK CHASE CMON CHASE DONT JUST STAND THERE STOP THE WALKIN!! GO AFTER IT!

Ok not long til the players come onto Accor Stadium this Thursday Night great to see so much red and green in the stands let’s do all we can to get behind our boys tonight let’s get that South Sydney going tonight and support our boys in the best way possible. Lets make sure everyone watching at home knows this is South Sydney turf and a South Sydney home game.

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the visitors making their way down the tunnel. Rabbitohs members Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Penrith Panthers………….

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…………………….

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEET……… PLAYING HIS 200th NRL GAME TONIGHT PLEASE WELCOME TO THE FIELD DAMIEN COOK…….. MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE FOR YOUR BOYS HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS………….

LETS GO RABBITOHS

BBBBOOOOOOOOOO HAVE A LOOK ADAM ITS 10 METRES NOT 12 BBBOOOOOO

BBBBBOOOOOOOO THEY ARE ALL IN FRONT IF YOH ADAM BBBOOOOOOO

HIGH TACKLE. BBBBBOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR PENALTY

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT LEG PULLLLLLLLLL

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOO THATS A FORWARD PASS HAVE A LOOK

WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH TEAMS BBBOOOOOOOOOOOO

Rabbits20

Immortal
We fans are actually very respectful of all other clubs. None of the one's I know take our recent success for granted. Hatred certainly has no place in a winning culture.
What Penrith actually "represent" is local working class people, home grown talent developed in the area they play out of - a bit like your club was.
I get that you're sick of losing. We've all been there. Remember your glory days? The words of your Glory Glory song could easily be interpretted as "smug".
I hope your club finds it's feet soon, but not tonight. I think it will be a tough game. I expect to win, but it won't be a flogging. It wouldn't shock me if Souths win. I'd hate it, but not Souths.
Except they aren’t respectful the last 3 home games against you we have hadPenrith fans in our faces sticking their fingers up and ridiculing our club to no end in members bays at Accor there has been some disrespect that we had to call security some of these give your club a bad name. We just wanna support our boys we pay for the season pass without the abuse from some of your fans. And not too long ago we played you Mansour was down injured and Cleary was laughing you don’t laugh at injured players. Kikau laughing when Arrow was concussed as well in that big game a few years ago etc…….. it is that attitude from some of your guys that pisses us off that’s why we say we can’t stand Penrith that’s a reason why.

speedster

Juniors
Well said and I agree. We're all just people and this is sport, not war, even if it feels like war in the heat of battle. I used to work out Penrith way and it's a great place with great people.

As Bob McCarthy and John Sattler said as they had a beer with John O'Neill after brutally bashing him in his first game against Souths playing for Manly after he defected, "nothing personal, just the shirt he was wearin'."

I have nothing but admiration for a club that has won 3 premierships straight - so far. Good on yaz and we could learn a thing or 2 from you lot.

Cheers

I respect penrith very highly i take my hat off to them for where they are today and deservedly so.

callmack1

Staff member

Congrats to Cooky on 200 NRL games tonight! Huge congrats! That's quite the milestone for any player. Say what you like about him, he has been a fantastic servant of our club and a fantastic clubman over the years. Go hard Cooky and I pray the boys can somehow do this for you.

I've blocked out all the distractions about the coaching situation today, not reading any articles. Full focus on the game and I hope the boys are the same. Can look at all that stuff over the weekend.

Why am I starting to get pumped?? This makes no sense. I'm ready to be hurt again.

Hellray

Juniors

Congrats to Cooky on 200 NRL games tonight! Huge congrats! That's quite the milestone for any player. Say what you like about him, he has been a fantastic servant of our club and a fantastic clubman over the years. Go hard Cooky and I pray the boys can somehow do this for you.

I've blocked out all the distractions about the coaching situation today, not reading any articles. Full focus on the game and I hope the boys are the same. Can look at all that stuff over the weekend.

Why am I starting to get pumped?? This makes no sense. I'm ready to be hurt again.
There is that old “interim coach first game luck” so many gets the win their first game. That could help get you pumped a little.

maybe the players will play better after the firing of the coach as it could be a wake up call for them also.

Penrith resting their star player due to the “easiness” of this game could also show just maybe Penrith a going into this game with the wrong attitude and already thinking it’s a win.

nothing is impossible in the sporting world

You won't be hurt after souths win tonite by 4pts Mr Callmack.

Black Panther

Juniors
There is that old “interim coach first game luck” so many gets the win their first game. That could help get you pumped a little.

maybe the players will play better after the firing of the coach as it could be a wake up call for them also.

Penrith resting their star player due to the “easiness” of this game could also show just maybe Penrith a going into this game with the wrong attitude and already thinking it’s a win.

nothing is impossible in the sporting world
No mate, Penrith are resting Cleary due to his hammy issues. Wet weather will not help him here. No NRL games are easy.

speedster

Juniors
If you throw a forward pass and it bounces, it can be ruled as a knock on. They give it a try to Penrith.

Latest posts