What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Curns13

Juniors
It's just a response to everybody demanding we sign big money props. The only one worth chasing was James graham and now that he's not available there's no one else worth it on the open market. It makes no sense to spend big money when we already have the props that can do the job. You can't sign anyone else until you offload one of the twins which is never gonna happen. The young props are quality. Especially Johnstone he is a machine.
If Sam moves to prop, as expected, we might just have the best 4 man prop rotation in the comp. Sam will be the best prop in the game if he plays there, Tom and Musgrove are both good (Musgrove having huge potential) and George is still an average prop (getting paid top prop money). Johnstone coming through means we should lock up anyone else long term IMO.

callmack1

Staff member
I don't mind the Nicholls signing. Obviously not anything to get excited about at all but it sounds like he does his job when required with nothing flashy.

He is obviously just a depth signing which is good and I'd say he was bought to replace Tyrrell, this is certainly an upgrade.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't mind the Nicholls signing. Obviously not anything to get excited about at all but it sounds like he does his job when required with nothing flashy.

He is obviously just a depth signing which is good and I'd say he was bought to replace Tyrrell, this is certainly an upgrade.
Yeah you're right there innthat a least he's an upgrade on Tyrrell....

I just want some big news to come.......

burgibigbash

Juniors
Yeah you're right there innthat a least he's an upgrade on Tyrrell....

I just want some big news to come.......
It doesn't look like Cronk will be that big news.

Richo has come out and said that the cap is full and that we are happy with our halves.

I reckon I could probably speak for the majority of Souths fans who would say we aren't really that happy with our halves.
If I could grab Cronk and had to shop Reynolds off I would do it in a heartbeat.
I'm afraid to say that IMO I think w e have seen the best of Reynolds

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Richo has come out and said that the cap is full and that we are happy with our halves.

I reckon I could probably speak for the majority of Souths fans who would say we aren't really that happy with our halves.
If I could grab Cronk and had to shop Reynolds off I would do it in a heartbeat.

Has he actually said that? That's pretty disappointing if true we must've had some pretty shitty backended contracts.

ouryear

Juniors

With your new coach who will back Reynolds and encourage opportunism, plus GI back, I reckon Reynolds will have a great year for you.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Has he actually said that? That's pretty disappointing if true we must've had some pretty shitty backended contracts.
Look at Farah taking up 600k.

Isn't one of the twins on 600k and the other 500k???

GI 1 million
Sam 800k
Gagai 650k
Reynolds 700k

There goes the cap......

Must keep Angus....

Maybe AJ is on about the 400k mark too as we were that desperate to keep him...

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Look at Farah taking up 600k.

Isn't one of the twins on 600k and the other 500k???

GI 1 million
Sam 800k
Gagai 650k
Reynolds 700k

There goes the cap......

Must keep Angus....

Maybe AJ is on about the 400k mark too as we were that desperate to keep him...
Farah will be on $450k for 2018... but agree his $$$ would be better used elsewhere.

Angus is a must to keep.

Still can’t understand if Roosters can afford Cronk with their roster then so should we.

Hopefully George B will lift after being left out of Eng Team and use the off season to work on his fitness ready to come out on top 2018

As for Props... I’m sure the new coach has already stated he intends to use Sam on the edges so we would still need another Prop in the rotation

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Richo should tag along with Politis as should all the other clubs recruitment teams to the head office to hear how it is at all possible for the Rorters to fit Cronk into their roster.
If that information is given to one club transparency suggests it should be given to all.

burgibigbash

Juniors
Richo should tag along with Politis as should all the other clubs recruitment teams to the head office to hear how it is at all possible for the Rorters to fit Cronk into their roster.
If that information is given to one club transparency suggests it should be given to all.
They have just got rid of Guerra, SKD , Kane Evans and Connor Watson. In the last few years they have offloaded SBW, Jennings, Maloney, Mini retiring, RTS and others . Richo would be better off going down to Melbourne to see how they managed to keep under the cap and keep 3/4 of the Australian spine together for 10 years.

burgibigbash

Juniors
Farah will be on $450k for 2018... but agree his $$$ would be better used elsewhere.

Angus is a must to keep.

Still can’t understand if Roosters can afford Cronk with their roster then so should we.

Hopefully George B will lift after being left out of Eng Team and use the off season to work on his fitness ready to come out on top 2018

As for Props... I’m sure the new coach has already stated he intends to use Sam on the edges so we would still need another Prop in the rotation

Sam is good on the edge , but his defence is needed in the middle. Now we have a genuine workaholic cleanup Man in Murray Sam can just focus on hitting it up through the middle and smashing big blokes through the middle. GI back means that he doesn't need to captain the side and waste energy and get frustrated arguing with refs. I don't like him in the Captains role.

If Turner ups his workrate a bit he could make a very solid prop.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
They have just got rid of Guerra, SKD , Kane Evans and Connor Watson. In the last few years they have offloaded SBW, Jennings, Maloney, Mini retiring, RTS and others . Richo would be better off going down to Melbourne to see how they managed to keep under the cap and keep 3/4 of the Australian spine together for 10 years.
That's the exact line that was thrown out to the press by the Rorters,included in that should of been their signings,upgrades and third party agreements and to go back through the past years lol every club could pull that one,how is SBW,Jennings,Maloney,Mini and co relevant to a cap in 2018,any backyard accountant could pull that apart.
As for Melbourne,well we all know pay TV contracts explain that.

burgibigbash

Juniors
That's the exact line that was thrown out to the press by the Rorters,included in that should of been their signings,upgrades and third party agreements and to go back through the past years lol every club could pull that one,how is SBW,Jennings,Maloney,Mini and co relevant to a cap in 2018,any backyard accountant could pull that apart.
As for Melbourne,well we all know pay TV contracts explain that.

Mate the Melbourne cap situation is a farce pure and simple. You can throw the Cowboys in there as well.

Go through the roosters lineup mate.
There isn't a marquee amongst them. Most of them have debuted at the club and they had a 17 that included Matterson, Manu, Mitchell, Watson, Evans, Takeahou, Gordon. The Origin players they have besides Fergo have all debuted there.

No doubt they have a good TPA system. You would think we would as well, but obviously not as good as others.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sam playing on the edges makes zero sense. He is our best middle defender and he doesn't get that involved on the edges. We already have fuimaono and Crichton playing there plus he decided to resign Sutton. When he says "playing on the edges" are you sure he doesn't mean floating? Like a good prop should be doing. That's pretty poor if he sticks Sam to one side of the field.

callmack1

Staff member
Sam playing on the edges makes zero sense. He is our best middle defender and he doesn't get that involved on the edges. We already have fuimaono and Crichton playing there plus he decided to resign Sutton. When he says "playing on the edges" are you sure he doesn't mean floating? Like a good prop should be doing. That's pretty poor if he sticks Sam to one side of the field.
Couldn't agree more bro. Sam should be a prop with free roam.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Mate the Melbourne cap situation is a farce pure and simple. You can throw the Cowboys in there as well.

Go through the roosters lineup mate.
There isn't a marquee amongst them. Most of them have debuted at the club and they had a 17 that included Matterson, Manu, Mitchell, Watson, Evans, Takeahou, Gordon. The Origin players they have besides Fergo have all debuted there.

No doubt they have a good TPA system. You would think we would as well, but obviously not as good as others.
Burgi I couldn't agree with you more RE: Melbourne and the Cowboys,throw in Brisbane and the picture is obvious.
Pay TV throw big bucks to the NRL and successful teams are required interstate to maintain forecast revenue and Pay TV subscriptions to justify that expenditure.
The Titans are another case in point now propped up by the NRL as part of what is required by that expenditure as well.
Look at the Warriors team also,they were running around with a spine consisting of RTS,Foran,Johnson and Luke with a lot of other handy players also,this teams consistent failure must drive Foxtel and the NRL insane.

Latest posts