What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I'll tell you a true story about Dave Taylor.Back when he was with us the club was having a fan day and the coal train was sitting next to Michael Crocker.
A laughing joke amongst the players back then was how ugly Taylor's feet were,I asked Crocker was it true about his feet,Crocker replied it's true mate this guy was born in the middle of the Deliverance movie when duelling banjos was playing.
Taylor grabbed him and stuck his tounge in his ear,a moment I'll never forget.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It’s crazy to think that Gray might be playing reserve grade next year. Such a waste. He is a real talent. I think we could’ve really used him this year in first grade. Oh well.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
It’s crazy to think that Gray might be playing reserve grade next year. Such a waste. He is a real talent. I think we could’ve really used him this year in first grade. Oh well.
I bet he won’t be happy either.
He probably signed on thinking he would get a starting centre spot at the time

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I bet he won’t be happy either.
He probably signed on thinking he would get a starting centre spot at the time

Yeah it’s an odd situation. Cronulla gave him a decent offer but probably aren’t gonna play him in first grade. Whereas our offer was peanuts and he most likely would be playing first grade.

Continually being injured hasn't helped his cause.

Of course not but he is a player that could kill it in the NRL if he stayed on the field. Could be as good as Dylan Walker in my opinion.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah it’s an odd situation. Cronulla gave him a decent offer but probably aren’t gonna play him in first grade. Whereas our offer was peanuts and he most likely would be playing first grade.

Of course not but he is a player that could kill it in the NRL if he stayed on the field. Could be as good as Dylan Walker in my opinion.

Gray will be there on the wing imo....

Holmes
Feki
Dugan
Leutele
Gray

CAFPOW

Juniors
What purpose would that serve for us????

A better idea trade Wigan Farah for Joe Burgess.
Their hooker McIllorum has left the club so they could do with an experienced 9.... we get Joe Burgess back win/win

We can even chuck in Jacob Gagan to replace Burgess for them (that was a wasted signing squad spot)

Trading Farah for J. Burgess would be nice. Except, Wigan now have Thomas Leuluai at 9.

If we ended up in the bottom 4 this season, it might make things hard for those players I mentioned to extend their playing career in the NRL or ESL.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Gray will be there on the wing imo....

Holmes
Feki
Dugan
Leutele
Gray

Well Flanagan said that there’s that left wing spot up for grabs and the 4 people competing for it are Katoa, Gray, Lee and Ramien. But by the sounds of it Flanagan really rates Katoa above the rest of them. I’ve always thought gray was a better centre than a winger anyway.

Dugan is a horrible centre and Holmes hasn't really set the world on fire at the back either. Better off playing Dugan at the back and sticking Holmes on the wing. But Then Holmes nose would be out of joint. Dugan was a bit of a silly panic buy from the Sharks imo and I reckon they'll pay for it this year.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Trading Farah for J. Burgess would be nice. Except, Wigan now have Thomas Leuluai at 9.

If we ended up in the bottom 4 this season, it might make things hard for those players I mentioned to extend their playing career in the NRL or ESL.
Leuluai will play 7 with George Williams 6

Travitoh

First Grade
NRL.com has done a write up on the best and worst centres, rating them by tries conceded or "try causes" as they put it. It's interesting to see how we rank.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/19/the-best-and-worst-defensive-centres-in-the-nrl/

Rank - games at centre - try causes - average

21 Hymel Hunt 10 7 0.70
30 Roberts Jennings 11 9 0.82
34 Bryson Goodwin 8 7 0.88
43 Tyrell Fuimaono 7 7 1.00
44 Siosifa Talakai 7 7 1.00
46 Aaron Gray 5 5 1.00

As a point of interest
39 Dane Gagai 16 15 0.94

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
NRL.com has done a write up on the best and worst centres, rating them by tries conceded or "try causes" as they put it. It's interesting to see how we rank.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/19/the-best-and-worst-defensive-centres-in-the-nrl/

21 Hymel Hunt 10 7 0.70
46 Aaron Gray 5 5 1.00

As a point of interest
39 Dane Gagai 16 15 0.94

Thanks for the post. It was interesting to see the top 2 centres were both storm centres lol. Hunt’s always been our best defensive centre in my opinion but he lacked that ball running ability of most top centres.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

21 Hymel Hunt 10 7 0.70
46 Aaron Gray 5 5 1.00

As a point of interest
39 Dane Gagai 16 15 0.94

Haha all the complaints about hunt and Jennings and they're our best.

Goodwin must improve!!!
Thanks for the post. It was interesting to see the top 2 centres were both storm centres lol. Hunt’s always been our best defensive centre in my opinion but he lacked that ball running ability of most top centres.

Is Hunt still with South's? I have read anything about him in ages!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Goodwin must improve!!!

Yeah, Hunt is still there but he hasn’t been talked about much. I think he might be the underdog for the vacant centre position. Hunt, Jennings, Graham and even Burns could play there.

Mixo Joe

Juniors

Goodwin must improve!!!

Lol I think that you are being a little facetious :p Of course he is!!!

Did anyone hear the souths supporter that called "sport n talk" yesterday and said that he heard that the rorters want Crichton this year and were told that they would take Mitchell in a swap?

Great should it happen as I don't really want to cheer Crichton (although he will be wearing the red and green) knowing that he will be a rorter!!