What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
Swap Angus for Mitchell quick!!! :(
Rorters won't do that....

Without GI:

1. AJ
2. Kennar/Graham
3. Gagai
4. Graham/Kennar
5. Jennings

Hunt would be next on standby you'd think...

With GI:

1. AJ
2. Kennar
3. Gagai
4. GI
5. Graham

Jennings would be on standby you'd think...

callmack1

Staff member
I was just looking at the pic of GI further and you can see that he is still out there with the bo which is good.

Another good sign is that he has all his weight on that left, strapped leg and he appears to be changing direction off that leg slightly so that's good too.

Let's hope he just tweaked it a wee bit and they are just being a bit careful.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I was just looking at the pic of GI further and you can see that he is still out there with the bo which is good.

Another good sign is that he has all his weight on that left, strapped leg and he appears to be changing direction off that leg slightly so that's good too.

Hopefully mate....

Still I'd much prefer him at left centre......

Better chance of him staying on the park there...

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Seibold seems to have a better idea of the player market though. If we can pull off RTS and Kaufusi then those are buys in the right direction. Both are young and only just about to enter their prime.
Richo handles all of our recruitment mate.

I'd say the rumours of chasing higher profile players is more a matter of us having more money to spend than in previous years (with Crichton, Farah, Sutton all likely leaving...maybe Walker too) than any change to the process

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench

You know knees are hard, the muscles around it perish and become smaller and alot of leg weight work needs to be done to strengthen the area around the knee. Its easy to strain muscles, whilst doing all the work building it up so he has probably strained it a little . Add the extra weight he put on whilst sitting doing nothing and it adds up to alot of work getting fit again. The other thing is that this operation has a tendency to not work...so it may not take much to unattach the tendon.....heres hopeing thats not going to be the case. My opinion is its taking along time others have recovered faster

Football players are never the same again after an ACL.

Even the younger blokes that do them don't ever recover back to pre-injury peaks.

This plus the age factor plus the fact that his other knee is shot as well means that we've seen the best of Greg Inglis and it'll all be down hill from here.

Unfortunately we have three more years of him on the books at top dollar to struggle through. Best we can hope for is that we find some way to retire him early or have someone take him off our hands.

i think this may be his last year with us as a player as his knees are broken. Im sure we will find some ambassador role for him to do so he can keep getting payed but i just dont see him going on if one of his knees brake down again.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Even the younger blokes that do them don't ever recover back to pre-injury peaks.

This plus the age factor plus the fact that his other knee is shot as well means that we've seen the best of Greg Inglis and it'll all be down hill from here.

Unfortunately we have three more years of him on the books at top dollar to struggle through. Best we can hope for is that we find some way to retire him early or have someone take him off our hands.

I think best situation is that we move him to centre to prolong his career. GI is a game changer and when fit is easily worth 1 million. He carried us to our 2014 premiership. That being said the amount of work a fullback does off the ball almost makes the position twice the work. Even on one leg he’s still one of the best players in the game.

I really felt like AJ was coming into his own near the end of the the season. A spine of AJ, Walker, Reynolds and Cook Is absolutely deadly and has speed to burn. Having Gagai outside of Reynolds and GI outside of Walker makes it even deadlier. GI’s presence on the field is massive. All the players respect him and the younger players look up to him. We’re paying him a million big ones. We may as well be practical and get the best out of the last part of his career whilst looking to the future. We should also ask him to step down from rep footy. It’s probably never going to happen but 3 extra games a year on his body is just asking for trouble.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I think best situation is that we move him to centre to prolong his career. GI is a game changer and when fit is easily worth 1 million. He carried us to our 2014 premiership. That being said the amount of work a fullback does off the ball almost makes the position twice the work. Even on one leg he’s still one of the best players in the game.

I really felt like AJ was coming into his own near the end of the the season. A spine of AJ, Walker, Reynolds and Cook Is absolutely deadly and has speed to burn. Having Gagai outside of Reynolds and GI outside of Walker makes it even deadlier. GI’s presence on the field is massive. All the players respect him and the younger players look up to him. We’re paying him a million big ones. We may as well be practical and get the best out of the last part of his career whilst looking to the future. We should also ask him to step down from rep footy. It’s probably never going to happen but 3 extra games a year on his body is just asking for trouble.
I agree with every word of that.

At the start of last season Johnston was still struggling at fullback, but when we moved him back for the last few rounds he improved out of sight (particularly his ball playing).

I thought the spine of Johnston/Walker/Reynolds/Cook gelled really well together.

Rabbits20

Immortal

His days at fullback should now be over if Seibs has a brain.....

Travitoh

First Grade
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned but i was told today that Hiroti is in the mix to play centre come round one.

No centre is worth a million dollars a year. Even peak GI playing centre isn't worth that kind of money. If he can't play fullback and he moves to centre then that move needs to be reflected in what we are paying him or we need to move him on.

If GI moves from Fullback then that basically means that all of the highest paid players in our squad will be in non-Spine positions. You can't win a competition with your best players only knocking the ball up the middle or sitting out on an edge. You need to spend the money on decision makers and guys who are handling the ball otherwise you end up with what we had last year.