What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Mascot Spy

Juniors
Hi Everyone
Just some news I like to share that I have been told

Bennett will definately be Coaching Souths In 2019, Hopefully In the next week the deal will be done.
Sutton has already signed for next year
Cook will be extending very soon
Jennings im not too sure, But I do know he is asking for a bit too much

handyman2190

Bench
Hi Everyone

Bennett will definately be Coaching Souths In 2019, Hopefully In the next week the deal will be done.
Im not fussed if jennings goes as long as we keep AJ for the wing, i also do not want to overpay cook,we apparently offered 750k if he wants more i say go!

callmack1

Staff member
Hi Everyone

Welcome to the forum mate!! That is all very welcoming news if true!!

Rumour that Musgrove is following Madge to the tigers.
Wouldn't really suprise me. He's be rumoured to be on the way out for a fair while.

ThingFish

Juniors
On Twitter The Lurker is saying the George to Leeds rumour is a ruse. Apparently we are looking at trading him to Leeds for the first 3 rds of the EPL then trading back for Rd1 of the NRL. Effectively wiping his suspension. It was illegal back in 88 when Balmain tried it with Blocker, but the legality is murky now. Plus I can’t see what Leeds would get out of it, maybe George in 2020.

I don’t know, sounds like a BS rumour about a BS rumour. Or WB magic:joy::joy:

jack coburn

Juniors
Every club Bennett goes to he brings all his mercenaries with him to make sure he is successful. Wouldn’t expect any difference with Souths.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Telecrap: Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold wants to know in the “next 24 to 48 hours” whether his immediate future is at South Sydney or Brisbane.

handyman2190

Bench
Telecrap: Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold wants to know in the “next 24 to 48 hours” whether his immediate future is at South Sydney or Brisbane.
He is a dead set TOOL how can he be told anything when we've been asking him to tell us for 6 months ,with no joy, and now he has the gaul to give ultimatums, lolololo, he can shut up and wait like we all had to before he stabbed us in the back. The details are in motion, and when completed he will be the last to find out he can clear his desk and POQ. My feelings are that for the swope to happen for next year, souths may have to contribute half which we have no choice otherwise next year is a dead rubber.

callmack1

Staff member
On Twitter The Lurker is saying the George to Leeds rumour is a ruse. Apparently we are looking at trading him to Leeds for the first 3 rds of the EPL then trading back for Rd1 of the NRL. Effectively wiping his suspension. It was illegal back in 88 when Balmain tried it with Blocker, but the legality is murky now. Plus I can’t see what Leeds would get out of it, maybe George in 2020.

I don’t know, sounds like a BS rumour about a BS rumour. Or WB magic:joy::joy:
Surely that wouldn't be allowed in this day and age. If it was, more clubs would've done it by now.

Wtf?! Seibs is really starting to piss me off now! I'm with Handyman on this one, he kept us waiting and kept us in the dark and now he makes these demands? Wtf?!

I don't see the point in Brisbane publicly announcing their next coach if they don't intend to have him begin immediately.
I expect the swap to be made official soon after Bennett returns to the country.
God, I hope so!!

callmack1

Staff member
Hymel Hunt joins Newcastle Knights: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/12/hymel-hunt-joins-newcastle-knights/

We all knew it was coming but I'm kinda sad to see Hymel go. Despite some flaws, he was actually a really good player with great versatility. Over his three seasons with us, he developed so much as a player and as a person which was great to see.

I wish you all the best Hymel and thanks for everything you have done for us since 2016.

While I'm sad to see him go, it's not a huge loss, just a hit to our depth but the blow is somewhat softened by the fact that Kennar is now staying in 2019. I'm also hoping Burns will go to another level next year!

CAFPOW

Juniors
The MOLE:

Souths have signed a 'gun' prop or second-rower from Queensland league breeding ground Marsden High School.

Ranked among the best rising forwards in schoolboy football, Augustine Stowers will join the Rabbitohs next season.

Marsden High School has produced a host of NRL stars including Cameron Smith, Israel Folau and Jaydn Su'a and Souths are confident Stowers will also make the grade.

Stowers was crowned forward of the year in the NRL School Cup competition in Queensland this season.

A tall ball runner with ball playing ability, he is mature beyond his years and Souths are excited about his prospects after beating several clubs to gain his signature.

The MOLE:

Souths have signed a 'gun' prop or second-rower from Queensland league breeding ground Marsden High School.

Ranked among the best rising forwards in schoolboy football, Augustine Stowers will join the Rabbitohs next season.

Marsden High School has produced a host of NRL stars including Cameron Smith, Israel Folau and Jaydn Su'a and Souths are confident Stowers will also make the grade.

Stowers was crowned forward of the year in the NRL School Cup competition in Queensland this season.

A tall ball runner with ball playing ability, he is mature beyond his years and Souths are excited about his prospects after beating several clubs to gain his signature.

These are the types of signings I like to see.